5.8 earthquake in U.S. capital...?

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Man....this 2011 is one hell of a year..and still got 4 months to go..

Just heard this on France-24...epicenter in virginia and felt by N.Y. city............didn't know that part of U.S. is earthquake prone..

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Our head quarters are in Baltimore and DC and both offices evacuated. Phones are going off the hook here with the amount of calls that are coming in. Pretty shit day in terms of being busy if you ask me. I hope everyone is ok.

Oct 18, 2002
Well I live in Bethesda MD (5 miles outside of DC) and 80 miles from the epicenter of this Quake. At first I thought it was the winds and I got worried cause I have 90 foot trees in my backyard and I am scared that they were going to fall on the house. But soon I realized that this was a quake. Other than a very expensive mirror that I have on top of my fireplace, which fell and broke, there was no additional damage. The cell phones are pretty much in and out here, so if you are trying to reach a love one and can not get through, this might be the reason.

Let's hope the after shocks wont be too bad :)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
wow..glad u guys are safe down there. Toronto kind of shook a bit too. I didnt feel it, but there was a minor shake in downtown toronto apparently.

beghole un akhounde tu Iran, prob "there were too much nudity" exposed in Washinton, Virginia, NY in the past few days, to cause the Earthquake! ;)

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
We even felt it here in CA last night! I think it was around 11:00, so I guess it took a while for it to get all the way across the US. :eek: