A beautiful poem

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
I don't know if this has been posted before, so my apologies if it has. I just watched/listened to it and it brought tears to my eyes, so I thought I would share with my hamvatans here.

[video=youtube;wM9g9k5bbrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM9g9k5bbrE[/video]

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
great poem Shahriar jan,thanx for sharing..

btw long time no 30 here?! hope all is well with u and your family?!:)

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
mokhlese nilou khanum!! I am lurking around, but just been very busy and been selective about posting. Outside of work, I have one kid in soccer and another in cross country. So, I am usually running around driving them to their activities sometimes 2 hours away both Saturday and Sunday. Either that, or taking them to practice (almost everyday) or running to the doctor (my little one got a concussion in one of her soccer games, and had back problem that need chiropractic care). Between that and running 2-3 (4-5 miles each) times a week and playing soccer 2-3 times a week, it doesn't happen very often when I am not either doing something or dead tired!! Thanks for asking.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
mokhlese nilou khanum!! I am lurking around, but just been very busy and been selective about posting. Outside of work, I have one kid in soccer and another in cross country. So, I am usually running around driving them to their activities sometimes 2 hours away both Saturday and Sunday. Either that, or taking them to practice (almost everyday) or running to the doctor (my little one got a concussion in one of her soccer games, and had back problem that need chiropractic care). Between that and running 2-3 (4-5 miles each) times a week and playing soccer 2-3 times a week, it doesn't happen very often when I am not either doing something or dead tired!! Thanks for asking.
oh wow seems like a 24/7 booked week Shahriar jan..:)
omg is ur little daughter doing well after concussion? does she play as a goalie? hope her concussion isnt as bad as Chelsea's Cech's..:( but so proud of them for being so active in sport..hope to 30 them at Olympic games and World Cup games few yrs from now..:) they cant go wrong having such an active role-model as their father! pas Iran enghelab shod khabaret mikonim!;p

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
oh wow seems like a 24/7 booked week Shahriar jan..:)
omg is ur little daughter doing well after concussion? does she play as a goalie? hope her concussion isnt as bad as Chelsea's Cech's..:( but so proud of them for being so active in sport..hope to 30 them at Olympic games and World Cup games few yrs from now..:) they cant go wrong having such an active role-model as their father! pas Iran enghelab shod khabaret mikonim!;p
She is fine now. It was a mild concussion. She plays central defender, and after the forward of the other team beat the left back and the other central defender, she shifted over and deflected the ball away at the last second (around the 6 yard box), and the forward, who was about 50 pounds heavier, ran right through her. She went flying in the air and landed on her back, hitting the back of her head on the ground. She didn't lose consciousness, but was down for a few minutes. The coach went to check her out, and told me that when he did the eye test on her (moving a finger side to side and asking her to follow with her eyes), her eyes fluttered a bit on the outside. Fortunately, we have an ER doctor as one of the team moms, and she checked her out and said that it wasn't bad, but to keep an eye on her. The stinker, my daughter, lied about how bad it was, so she could play again the next day. Later she told me she almost threw up in the car after the game, and her head was hurting. She would get dizzy for a few days if she ran, but I made her take it easy for the next week. She is fine now and played the whole game last weekend with no issues (they were missing a couple of defenders due to injury and family commitments, so they had no subs). Funny thing is, this coming weekend, we have a tournament and we are going up against the same team where she had her concussion. We'll see if that affects her, but I am going to prepare her, so she doesn't played scared. That's when you get hurt, is when you worry about getting hurt! Anyway, these girls are a division 1 team, but kind of in the middle of the pack, so I wouldn't expect to see any of them on the big stage. But, it is fun watching them play and get better and enjoy themselves. The poor girl is in pain a lot though. She takes after me, which means she gives 120% effort every time and is always sore and exhausted after the games. I had to take her to the chiropracter to adjust her back last week and she has muscle and joint aches most of the time. She and I comiserate about our aching bodies regularly (and I just threw my back out yesterday chasing college kids around the soccer field, so I might be out of commission for a few days). Between that, growing pains, hormonal mood swings (both pre-pubescent and menopausal), it is very interesting in my household. I might have picked a bad time for cutting back on drinking, LOL!

Regardless of all of this, I still have an ear out for Iran and manage to get here daily to see what's going on. If a revolution happens in Iran, I'll hear about it here, I am sure. It is my first and only wish to see a free Iran. Let's hope it happens in my lifetime.