a suggestion to admins

aabbabb

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2004
Antarctica
I wasnt sure which mod to PM so i thought id just open a thread. Can we have a spoiler policy allowing spoilers only in the posts and not in thread titles/signatures/avators/etc.? It's not that hard, all it takes is a sticky thread and a moderator online to edit possible spoilers. In no way does this change the quality of the forum; all that it changes are the dramatic thread-titles like "Jose's men do it again" to simply "Chelsea vs X [R]," thanks.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Yea I hear you, I'm sorry for my sig having spoiled a result for you. I hate it when it happens but I'll tell you something, if you are waiting to download a match or watch the reply, I suggest you keep away from the forums all together.

However it's stupid when people put "Jose's men do it again and then put an [R], hehe. I've seen it happen on certain forums, not ISP. :D

aabbabb

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2004
Antarctica
Toofan said:
there's a website for that u know. .. keeping u uptodate with live scores & who scored. ..and when ...
what? im saying lets not post results!! i didnt get ur post
shawshank said:
Yea I hear you, I'm sorry for my sig having spoiled a result for you. I hate it when it happens but I'll tell you something, if you are waiting to download a match or watch the reply, I suggest you keep away from the forums all together.

However it's stupid when people put "Jose's men do it again and then put an [R], hehe. I've seen it happen on certain forums, not ISP.:D
no worries, there are probably 10-12 thread-titles with results so your signature isnt really a big deal. Anyway im just saying why would people want to ruin it for those of us who dont get live coverage of certain games or cant catch it due to work, school, sleep, etc. For instance, I follow 4.5 leagues, and almost all games are played in weekends and I cant watch all of them in two days, so i watch them through out the week, one every day, and im sure im not the only one here or else its a real shame that in a football forum like this noone watches football to this extent.

Now are you telling me that its an easier solution for those of us who watch footie to avoid the forum for a week/visit only once a week, rather than for those posters who just check websites for scores/game reports/league-tables and simply cut and paste articles to foget about dramatic titles and just put the team names and an [R] instead???

All im asking for is a sticky and some editing/informing by mods. I think it is really selfish when some members who are aware of something called a "spoiler" still go ahead and post results; because I really cant see how a change of title for others' sake can affect them.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
aabb jan, even tho I was at fault in this one occasion, I've been pretty careful about this sort of thing as I post a lot on BigSoccer also.
Now, I think in my opinion, it's a lot for admins to make sure everyone's signature and avatars are right. Maybe they can take care of threads, but to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen in avatars and signatures is pretty hard.

Now I will not put any result in my sig or avatar anymore, but this is something that has to settle into the user's minds rather than the administration of the site.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I hear u aaab jan!!ur right.

what we, as Moderators, can do is to Edit the thread titles where they mention the results. we have asked members many times to not spoil the result in their thread titles..
And for signitures, we cant(we can but we dont want to) edit members' signitures, so what u can do is Disable viewing signitures(atleast for those days u dont want to know the result!!):)

aabbabb

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2004
Antarctica
shawshank said:
aabb jan, even tho I was at fault in this one occasion, I've been pretty careful about this sort of thing as I post a lot on BigSoccer also.
Now, I think in my opinion, it's a lot for admins to make sure everyone's signature and avatars are right. Maybe they can take care of threads, but to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen in avatars and signatures is pretty hard.
i already said in my previous post, dont worry about it. In fact i added the "avator/etc." just so you wouldnt think this is addressed to you, which apparently didnt work
shawshank said:
but this is something that has to settle into the user's minds rather than the administration of the site.
whaaat?? settle into my mind? what??!!

Niloufar said:
I hear u aaab jan!!ur right.

what we, as Moderators, can do is to Edit the thread titles where they mention the results. we have asked members many times to not spoil the result in their thread titles..
And for signitures, we cant(we can but we dont want to) edit members' signitures, so what u can do is Disable viewing signitures(atleast for those days u dont want to know the result!!):)
thanks for the reply, so will the thread titles get edited from now on? and how about a sticky thread explaining what a spoiler is?? although most spoilers come from old members (barca/real/etc. "fans"). btw i didnt know you could do that for signatures, i just turned them off.

ISP Admin

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
aabbabb said:
thanks for the reply, so will the thread titles get edited from now on? and how about a sticky thread explaining what a spoiler is?? although most spoilers come from old members (barca/real/etc. "fans"). btw i didnt know you could do that for signatures, i just turned them off.
the thread titles have been edited for many months when they have had scores posted in them. that has been our policy for a long time and most members know about it already. sometimes, there might not be a moderator around for a couple of hours, so a score might not be edited straight away, but it will eventually (but as i said, most members laready know not to post scores in the subject line).

as for avatars, or signatures, or contents of the posts, you have to appreciate that we cant just edit these specially with the volume of posts made.

thanks