A US military perspective on Russia Ukraine the answer is neutrality not war with Russia American public opinion is shfiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
As you all might have guessed, I am very interested in this topic. I am going to take off my Russia hat for a minute and look at it through the United States Armed FORCES glasses and American public opinion. At the start of the events, thte Americans were ADAMANT about helping Ukraine, in any way. Now things are changing both in terms of public opinion and US military's approach. They might send some weapons or give logistical support but here are the facts
1- less than 1 out of 6 Americans approve of sending American soldiers INTO Ukraine/Russia.
2- at first it was the Trumplicans who were saying, "This war is none of our business." however, now the progressives are echoing the same statement. Here is what the United States and Biden should do. You can protest your concerns, but the best course of action is to do NOTHING, let Russia and Ukraine settle their affairs. Sevastopol- Crimea and Donbas is NONE of our BUSINESS. For ONCE, let's learn from our mistakes and not be team America, world police, nobody here wants war with Russia.
Sorry Ukraine we are not going to war over you guys. Also, Ukraine could be used as the PROXY kind of like how Yemen is being used as the proxy, Don't turn this into Afghanistan part 2. Notice you never hear US officials even mention Yemen, there is a reason for it. As for Ukraine, USA stay out of it. please I beg you. USA and Russian officials might talk tough to each other, but the truth is they both fear one another and know it would end in a disaster
https://www.newsweek.com/few-americ...oyed-ukraine-russia-war-invasion-poll-1671546

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yep it is senile, sleepy Joe who is being the war hawk with Russia. Read the Noam Chomsky Book Who Rules the World to get your answer. It doesn't matter who wins, first we had kiri Trump and now we have Kiri Joe. One thing you could say about Trump, which I am defiantly not a fan of is at least relations were somewhat normalized between USA and Russia. Unfortunately, on both the liberal and conservative side, you have hawks who want to revive the old Cold-War'
I can reassure you that most Americans and Russians like and think very fondly of each other, there is mutual admiration on both sides. It is the kiri leadership on both sides and my fiancé will be the first to tell you, don't be fooled and charmed by Putin either. He is 100% KGB, don't forget he was a KGB Colonel- he just purchased a $200,000,000 mega yatche that was constructed in Germany and Forbes estimates his network at 200,000,000,000. That is 200 BILLION as in not Million. Trust me I have said it before Putin is a jagoff as well and bad for Russia, Putin only cares about his family and himself or expanding his net worth.
Both Putin and Biden are kiri if youa sk me, it is time for new leadership in Russian Federation and the United States. Problem is wen went from: bad to worse going back to GWB, to Obama, to Trump, and now Biden. Man do I miss slick Willy he might be captain creepo Bill Clinton was the best President we had in a long time. Mods if there is a politics section, feel free to move but nobody was mentioning the Ukraine Russia-USA situation.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Now let's analyze Puti's popularity. I know that the Russian Federation Government would want you to believe taht Putin is overwhelm popular and over 80% of the Russian people support him. Well #1, take whatever stats that come out of the Kremlin, with a grain of salt. While there is a majority of Russians who overall support him, it is not 20% WHO OPPOSE him or are neutral, it is probably more like 40%. So 40% of Russia's population is smart and they know what this guy is up to. As for that 60% only a small portion of them actually benefit from Putin, those are the ones who are in his inner circle, and they get hooked up. You got war hawks on BOTH SIDES who want to revive the Cold War between USA and Russia, any way they can sadly
The enemy for the United States according to most Americans is not Russia-...... head EAST
that is where the real threat is. The real enemy of the United States is CHINA.
Now Russia's Putin and CHINA PR's Xi Xining are strengthening their ties. That is one smart move on Putin who calls China, "A key strategic ally in the East, " And China's Xi calls Russia, "A strategic ally to the west and it would be foolish for European nations to intervene in Russia/Ukraine." Between kiri Putin, and Xi vs kiri Joe, my Vegas money is on Putin and Xi, sadly.

Don't Rush to war, Rush E HaRd but playable, how the Russia Ukraine crisis is escalating, what the Fluge man. Also, when the battery on my cell shows less than 10%
'

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter This made me laugh, the headline.

Biden Warns Putin of 'Swift and Severe Costs' of Invading Ukraine

1- In Kiri Biden's 40- years of politics, when has he ever reacted swiftly?

2-Biden is biting off more than he can chew, not only he is facing Putin, he is facing Americans, changing their opinion on Russia. The new public opinion is claim neutrality.
3- Putin is a MAN Joe Biden is a BOY, a litle rich elitist boy who grew up in a sliver spoon. Putin had hardships growing up, an Askanazi fakmily took him in and helped him out That is why Putin was the first Russian leader to open the doors to the Jews, otu of RESPECT he has. When someone has to go through those hardships, vs someone who sas borin with a silver sppon, my money is on the 7th degree judo black belt, not the senile old man.
Biden is not the Presidnet of this country, everyone knows behind the scenes it's Kamala Harris(THANK GOD!!

My money is on Putin.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Tehol Bedict I shall speak from the heart. I would NEVER EVER go to Russia and attack them on their land
First of all, I don't think I can go through with it. I can't point a rifle at a Russian, pull the trigger and watch him die.
The ONLY Way I would re-enlist n the Navy as an officer is if a foreign country. Also, I am NOT supporting Ukraine, I am supporting Russia, as you could tell.
I can't stand Ukrainians; they are the world's biggest butt kissers. During the Soviet time, they were kissing Soviet Union's but so they were Russia's bitches. Today they are USA's bitches. They are a nation of WHORES. Finally, this is NONE of the United States business and Biden is being a jerkoff. I am not saying I am the President of the Vladimir Putin fam club but my support on this one is with the Russians. I think my US MNavy days are over my friend, that ship has "sailed," It is time for the next generation of Americans to pick up my rifle and fight. I am 38 now, they have much younger, able bodied 18–22-year-old sailors who will take my place. I have four Russia jerseys in my close,t including a throwback Lev Yassin 1950's black CCCP kit.
THE ONLY time I will EVER consider reenlisting in the United States military is if a foreign boot invades my lands. After the military service I made a promise to myself internally, "I will never put my boot in a foreign soil, unwanted and occupy them, ever again. Also, I did not leave the Navy, the Navy left me. This is no longer "MY NAVY." Allow me to explain, "Back in the day if you messed up, your chief would slap you upside the head, and it would be over, "Today, people are malicious and vindictive, and they will "write you up, so you can kiss a chance of promotions goodbye. It si also very segregated and I am not down with that. By design, whites are in their area, blacks are in their designated birthing ship area. They have their own bathrooms, it is like you are in prison except in prison, you have a jail cell, so you have more space to move around. Sio if it means I would have to go to Russia and kill Russians, the answer to that is HELL to the NO! Also, the feeling is mutual, I have several friends in Spetsnaz, they told me they can't do it as well, they can't point their rifle and kill an American. The feeling is mutual.

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
This has already pulled in Russia into a quandary.
Ukranian army will be defeated in a week but a domestic resistance will drag, it can be as bad as Afghanistan on steroid.
Besides, if Russins invade Ukraine, Europe and in particular Germans have no choice but to boycott Russian energy. If they don't invade Ukraine, NATO will sign Ukraine up.
Looks like US has the upper hand, unless if a resulted market crash starts a domino fall of already troubled US/World economy. Then it will be wild game that is bad for everyone..

So it makes sense to also consider the possibility that US and Russia already have negotiated a scenario of quid pro quo.
If US gives the green light to Russia to invade Ukraine without much consequences, they will ask for return of favor. IMO it will be going for Iran's jugular, directly or by Israel.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Tehol Bedict it was not one specific event, it was the attitude in the higher chain of command and outside of ky captain,
It was dog shit. I think onceI became an officer, honestly i lost that same passion and fire fire lotivsted me. now with all of the PC BS, let's hafe gender neutral bathrooms and such, and sailors
Being vindictive the navy left me. What made me want to join was i always wanted to serve my country. Lole what JFK said ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you could do for your navy.
i got disgruntled by the race pilitics and loke Reagean said," i did not leave the democratic party, rhe democraric paety left me." Acter about 6 years, i was just burnet out and ,them i got a partial scholarshop to get ky mba from Redlands. my captain released me a year early from my contract. I did not want to be a naval officer anymore.
It wan't like i did anuthing bad and got sent to the brig, i got honorably discharged. I thought being an officer would be the coolest thing ever. That just kind of killed my navy career and desire, i got what i wanted, the discipline and i rose up the ranks. .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Here is an interesting article on why the Navy is doing a horrible job preparing recruits for the fleet.
An exerp from the article:
“It’s a floating prison.” This is how a sailor described serving aboard USS Shiloh, and the sentiment seemed to be shared by many of the crewmembers. The Shiloh made headlines when a crewmember Petty Officer 3rd Class Peter Mims went missing while underway, spurring a massive search by the crew for a comrade who, it turns out, who was hiding in an engineering space the whole time.

I could TOTALLY relate to what that Sailor was feeling. Before I became an officer, there were times, I just wanted to go "UA" or hide. UA is unauthorized leave of absence.
1-When you are on a 6 month deployment, and then to make it worse, you get extended for two months, you are in that floating prison for 8 months. You work 12 hours a day for 6 days a week. On Sunday, they always have to give you a little bit of a slack because it is a religious day so you can sleep in.
2- The navy like I mentioned is very segregated, people do not hang out with people outside of their race and I do not like that.
3- The Navy DRASTICALLY CHANGED form when I went in to 6 years later when I left. I did not like those changes. The old Navy was my Navy. In that Navy, if you made a mistake, your chief might slap you upside your head but then you guys had a beer, and it was over. If you had an issue with Sailor X, when I started you could say, "MEET ME AT THE HELO DECK." You can't do that anymore, you get suspended 2 weeks for fighting, if someone rats you out and there aarer tons of rats.
Back in the day you could fist a cuff and solve your problems with your adversary but then it was beautiful because AFTER, you guys were friends.

Also, I don't think the Navy does a good job preparing you for civilian life work because things are done much differently in the Navy. In the civilian world, if you want something approved, you can go to your boss, if he agrees, then the next day your diea will be implemented.
If you are in the Navy even if your boss approves: he has to get it approved by his boss, and by his boss, and then b his boss. For example, I finished my service and got an early out chit on my last year. It took TWO FULL WEEKS for them to process my paperwork just so I could LEAVE the Navy, with my honorable discharge. They had to give ma a full medical, psychological, and dental checkup, the whole nine yards. They do that so you can't later on sue and say they did not give you proper medical treatment before discharging.

So I did not leave the Navy, the Navy left me and today's saliors are different, same with just everyone. For example, the "Shooter" the guy who killed Osama Bin Laden, the Navy Seal. He broke a cardinal sin, that old school sailors would be MORTIFIED at him. The guy wrote a BOOK detailing the operation. The way I was trained was after your mission, you keep your mouth shut and you do not discuss it. You Certainly do not publish a book about it and try to become famous or profiteer over it.

I highlighted some of the reasons why I will probably never re-enlist int he Navy unless it is some DRASTIC emergency and country X has invaded USA, with like 500,000 soldiers. Ok then it is war time and Ill put my differences aside. Other than that, I won't go to Russia or Ukraine and fight somebody else's war because they can't fight.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Also keep in mind one more thing, the cost-of-living increase. I have talked to some lifers and old school military men in all branches. Even if you get that 500,000 va lone, well today you won't get nearly as much. Just look at the boom in Las Vegas, forget about Cali. A military man, even an officer making $60,000, would have a very difficult time, with owning a house. Let me explain, forget about the 80s- let's discuss the last 5-10 years. Even when I was in the Navy, you could have a career and at least live comfortably in the middle class. The town house I got in 2016 for $150,000 and the house I got in 2018 for $310,000. That Town house is now worth more than the price of the house that I purchased, and the house is close to $500,000. It is nothing fancy $460,000, not counting $20,000 in upgrades like granite counter tops. That house 2400 sqft 4 br plus a den and 3 bath, could go close to $500,000.
So now a days you can probably get a nice apartment or town house and your post 9-11 GI bill, MIGHT cover your 4 year degree or one secondary degree but nothing crazy like pay for your PHD at Stanford. For example, only reason why I'm able to afford BYU is i'm on partial scholarship so it costs less than UNLV. The career military plan was a good plan, 40 years ago,. Back in 1885, my dad got his first house in Irvine CA for $150,000 but he only paid 10% down, $15,000. Today, $15,000 won't even get you a new Honda or Toyota Camry.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Tehol Bedict I remember that Simpsons episode, when Homer enlists in the Navy btw I just call that Azmoun taking one for the team, in the name of better Russian diplpomatic relations. I mean Artem Dzybya is 6'5 Azmoun is not as big as him. BTW I am still not 100% sure on the Russian ancestery anymore man but here is how I see it- If i am I am, If I am not, I am not. I mean I could have family in Russia doesn't mean I have Russian Ties> i could be from Japan but I would still be Azeri Irooni. I have two Iranian parents so as far as someone proves otherwise, I am Iranian American. If there is a 5 % Russian in there then so be it and if not, I don't care anymore. I WILL ALWAY SLOVE Russia though because I have f.

As for Azmoun-let's just call those good diplomatic relations but now the poro bloke is going to the Bundesliga so he is going to get his buttsky reedbed by big Bavarians. The thing is we have good diplomatic relations with Germany so Azmoun dont' sell your ass. I think Artem Dubya was just having some fun with Azmoun, he is a jokester. Also Azmoun got MVP of the Russian premier league so he ad to take it from Dzubya lol. I feel bad for Azmoun when Leverkusen has to play Bayern Munich lol
Also, Russia wishes they had Iran's rich history Russia wasn't even a thought when Persia was an empire in the 4th century.

Oh and did you knwo that the US Navy uses subliminal mesages to recruit people Yvan eht nioj
Join the Navy

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well I put myself out there, I could use some back up in the who wants to be an admin, I gave Pooya a piece of my mind and highlighted the problems at ISP
@Pooya As a wise President, George W Bush once said," Fool me once, shame on you, cool me
Twoce, don't fool me."

You know something you are a really a funny guy
I was but not anymore so i will pull a Nancy Reagan and," Just say no."
I am sure Behrooz C would be up for the job, and they would make FINE administrators because after all, he is beloved by everyone lmfao
I'm just going to sit back, relax and enjoy the show, I'm not going to put myself out there again, only to get burned. or be admin for a day.
i even drastically reduced the # of my posts, I am making sure there are no grammatical or spelling errors and I am being more topical than others here. However, I understand that people have their preconceived notions about me, and I would never be taken seriously here, in a leadership position.
I even came up with an idea for you guys on how to make more money, maybe ten people can register for premium membership but it's ok, Ill support you guys but from afar. I can take a hint and know when I am not wanted in a leadership role, good luck or Nasdrovia.

PS whomever wants to be the next admin be consistent what is good for one member should be good for the other, we should not be playing favorites. I am not the only person who thinks that this is a major problem. People will not confront you because they fear retaliations, they complain to me on private emails. Perhaps peart of the problem because people are upset, now stay with me isomer members get banned for the smallest infractions, yet other members could insult, and they get no reproductions. Let's just call this member Behrouz C. This member could insult everyone and their mother or their life partner, like he did with me and if I say something back, I am the one who si going to get banned. That is why I blocked the guy. Whoever the mew admin is I BEG you please BE FAIR, what is good for one member, should be good for another. The vocabulary words of the day are equal standards. Perhaps then, we could salvage some integrity.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
The ONLY Way I would re-enlist n the Navy as an officer is if a foreign country. Also, I am NOT supporting Ukraine, I am supporting Russia, as you could tell. I can't stand Ukrainians; they are the world's biggest butt kissers..
Agreed with certain points - Ukrainians with their "Golden Dawn - breadbasket division" aren't perhaps the most likeable of nations but still Vlad is so isolated now, the only people supporting him are the nutjob Brexit cult and (K)GB News guys, Farage, Trump, Pompeo and George Galloway lol.

oh yeah, also Islamic Repubshit.

I mean that's how isolated Russia are now.... Would you go fight for them?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Agreed with certain points - Ukrainians with their "Golden Dawn - breadbasket division" aren't perhaps the most likeable of nations but still Vlad is so isolated now, the only people supporting him are the nutjob Brexit cult and (K)GB News guys, Farage, Trump, Pompeo and George Galloway lol.

oh yeah, also Islamic Repubshit.

I mean that's how isolated Russia are now.... Would you go fight for them?
Agreed on your points about Vladimir M Putin, with the exception of Xi Xining, and other dictators, he is pretty much isolated. As for Ukraine, what I meant is yes, they do have a ton of Ukranian WN(White Nationalism) going on there, from the reports I have read, and videos I have watched.
Would I go fight for them, as in the Russians, even if they were to give me my current rank as an officer in their Navy or I assume they would want me in intelligence as a civilian liaison, I would respectfully refuse. I am not getting involved in a foreign war that is none of my business, I don't care if I have some familial ties to Russia. The Russian Federation Armed Forces has 1,200,000 active-duty members, including officers. I am sure they will be just fine without me.
Also, there is an interesting article on Forbes I read the other day about Russia's economy. The sanctions are taking a tole and although they might be a military power, their economy is somewhere near Brazil, even Korea has a stronger GDP and economy, than the Russian Federation.

Also, the only people now who support Putin are the- we agree that the "80%" popularity rating that the Kremlin tells us, well we can flush that down the toilet It is probably more like 60% and the other 40% are too scared to say anything or are neutral to him. The only people who support him outside of the US are irrelevant anyways. You mentioned Trump and Mike Pompeo. both are irrelevant or a non-factor. If I will not fight for the Americans if they go to war, unless it is under dire circumstances for example, an invasion by a foreign boot, I am DEFINATLY not going to fight on behalf of the Russians. Especially since the Russians are the aggressors, despite what we want to say about the Ukrainians and their WN, they annexed the Donetsk and Crimea region because Russia itself, is not a large producer of oil. Why isn't Russia in Belarus because Belarus doesn't produce that much oil. Why aren't they in Kiev yet because there is not much oil, from what i know, in Kiev, it is in those regions of Donbas (Donetsk) and Sevastopol (Crimea)

Status
Not open for further replies.