AFC Asian Cup 2023

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
After the time we failed to advance from group stage under our nation genius coach Ali Donbeh who happens to be moral inspirationof Amir Shahrenoyi
Nope. We were eliminated among the final 8 that time. Had we lost this game we would have been among the final 16.

Feb 4, 2005
Nope. We were eliminated among the final 8 that time. Had we lost this game we would have been among the final 16.
I understand that in 1992 there were only 8 teams but what I meant was failing to advance from the group stage when we finished 3rd behind Japan and UAE. Hence that is our worst record

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
With CQ in 2015 we were eliminated in the quarterfinals. We have now made it to the quarterfinals.
yes your are right but in 2015 there was no round 16 because there were less team. so i guess hard to compare lol.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Wasted so many chances , really awful in our finishing, nail-biting last 30 minutes, we should have scored 3 or 4 goals and sealed the game off in the first 60 minutes, Taremi and Azmoon both had a off day , hats of to Shoja and Hajsafi though and Ramin, saman was also static with his passes , very unlike him , Beyranvand with one good penalty save but shakey during the game .

I bet we will play much better against Japan , we always play poorly when we underestimate the opposition.

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
I understand that in 1992 there were only 8 teams but what I meant was failing to advance from the group stage when we finished 3rd behind Japan and UAE. Hence that is our worst record
The groups are much harder when only the top 8 are in it. The group stage then is equivalent to being in the quarterfinals now.

Feb 4, 2005
Wasted so many chances , really awful in our finishing, nail-biting last 30 minutes, we should have scored 3 or 4 goals and sealed the game off in the first 60 minutes, Taremi and Azmoon both had a off day , hats of to Shoja and Hajsafi though and Ramin, saman was also static with his passes , very unlike him , Beyranvand with one good penalty save but shakey during the game .

I bet we will play much better against Japan , we always play poorly when we underestimate the opposition.
Not a betting person but I think we will be humiliated like 2019 in the hands of Japan. We are tired, old and now miss our best striker and Shoja (2 yellows). Majid Hossain in is injured and may not make it which means using Cheshmi (out of position) with Kanani.

Japan has the upper hand and unless all of our players show up at their best, no chance for us.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
mancini left after the Korean keeper saved two penalties. That was not professional. However, he is an amazing coach in my opinion.
ok I got yoh man talk about we escaped vs 🇸🇾 good news. Bad news how do they best 🇯🇵 without Taremi? OK the way that ESPN FC was making that seem was like Mancini was leaving before they missed the penalty kicks

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Beiranvand is shit today
did enough at the end to save the penalty. He’s starting to get that as his reputation of being the penalty saving expert he was 💩 but so was the entire team. Play like that against 🇯🇵 we get spanked 3-0. it is already bad without Taremi. Thst simulation was also very pathetic