AFC Asian Cup 2023

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Not a betting person but I think we will be humiliated like 2019 in the hands of Japan. We are tired, old and now miss our best striker and Shoja (2 yellows). Majid Hossain in is injured and may not make it which means using Cheshmi (out of position) with Kanani.

Japan has the upper hand and unless all of our players show up at their best, no chance for us.
I know what you mean, but we always play better with our back against the wall and least expected to do well , Ansarifar is good enough and experienced and clinical to replace Taremi , but defence line need to be addressed and Cheshmi is a liability in defence.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Ghanelenoi said "negah bablai bayad tuye in team ghat she" --> To Taremi :)
che morabi khoobi haha :)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
GN is like Mourinho. When successful he gets the credit while pretending to be a humble person. Wait for the team to lose and he will blame everyone. The guy (along with Ali Parvin) are epitomes of ASSHOLE!
az besm ellah rahman rahim digeh begir ta akharesh.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
you never know what will happen like who would’ve thought against 🇵🇹, Ezotsli(spelling)would be the hero. Maybe a relative unknown,’like a sub, scores in the 90+’ and 🇮🇷 upsets 🇯🇵 1-0.

Even with Azmoun and Taremi out, they have European based legionnaires; we have euro based legionnaires.

We got to assume they will zoom in on Johanna’s so somebody else like Ezoalior maybe even a CB or a winger, a can someone unexpected, needs a to score and Birvand needs to make zero mistakes

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
you never know what will happen like who would’ve thought against 🇵🇹, Ezotsli(spelling)would be the hero. Maybe a relative unknown,’like a sub, scores in the 90+’ and 🇮🇷 upsets 🇯🇵 1-0.

Even with Azmoun and Taremi out, they have European based legionnaires; we have euro based legionnaires.

We got to assume they will zoom in on Johanna’s so somebody else like Ezoalior maybe even a CB or a winger, a can someone unexpected, needs a to score and Birvand needs to make zero mistakes
Azmoun is not out

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Not a betting person but I think we will be humiliated like 2019 in the hands of Japan. We are tired, old and now miss our best striker and Shoja (2 yellows). Majid Hossain in is injured and may not make it which means using Cheshmi (out of position) with Kanani.

Japan has the upper hand and unless all of our players show up at their best, no chance for us.
Shoja only has one yellow card, but whether he will be physically fit for the Japan game remains to be seen.

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Wasted so many chances , really awful in our finishing, nail-biting last 30 minutes, we should have scored 3 or 4 goals and sealed the game off in the first 60 minutes, Taremi and Azmoon both had a off day , hats of to Shoja and Hajsafi though and Ramin, saman was also static with his passes , very unlike him , Beyranvand with one good penalty save but shakey during the game .

I bet we will play much better against Japan , we always play poorly when we underestimate the opposition.
I hope you are correct that we will play better. Hopefully the boys will remember the stupidity on our part that led to Japan's first goal in the last tournament. Hopefully that memory will make them determined to make amends this time round!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Azmoun is not out
I saw him him go off the field, holding his hand kind of gingerly.
Boy I hope so because if we were down to Jahanbaksh, that was not good.
Ok so Azmoun and Jahanbaksh are in, only TAREMI is OUT and he deserves it.
We wasted or squandered many chances to score and put Syria away. We won't get away with that vs Japan
Iran better be on their A game.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Doostan
I don’t think yellow cards will carry over from this stage on.
Suspension because of red/ 2 yellows in the last game will carry over.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Khodadad vs Javad Kh sparring over MOM as khodadad felt Iran dominated so HSafi deserved it and Javad reporting fotmob had Their RB by .1 at 8.5 over HSafi.

Khodadad wasn't having it, hilarious exchange between inflated ego and maslahati ego.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
From 10 l Arab countries in group games only 2 didn't make it. Now, only Qatar and Jordan are remaining in the last 8.