AFC Asian Cup 2023

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Um you don't recall Lothor Matthaus Der Panzer Franz Beckenbauer and all of thsoe great defensive teams that came out of Germany,
really man? Germany was KNOWN to be the DEFENSIVE team, them and ITALY, until Klinsmann changed their stripes, and they became
an attack oriented team in 2006.

Prior to 2006, Germany would rely on their ability to generate offense, through their elite defense. In fact, WC 1990 was won because
Lothor Matthaus, was able to CHECK Diego Maradona, all game.
In the 1990 final Buchwald marked Maradona. Matthaus was free to roam midfield and create attacks.
Matthaus (tried to) mark Maradona in the 1986 final.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Azizi was correct. Why would the defender be rated as MOM when he didn’t do anything special like score, assist, save a goal etc… and Khiabani was telling Azizi he should admit he is wrong.

• FotMob Rating
      The FotMob player rating is calculated based on more than 300 individual stats per player per match from Opta. A match in the per match ratings is any match the participant has been involved in even if he came on as substitute in the last few minutes. A player must have played at least 50% of all matches and at least 90 minutes (for the per 90 stats) to be included in the rankings.

• I don't think azizi sat down and tally300 different stats, again the difference was .1 and either can be wrong.
    Khiabani came across more level headed and wo ego in the discussion, that stood out for me.

• Looking at others comments elsewhere online one can see many of not most view Azizi arrogant and banking on his sole goal back in the day. Just happens azizi is the least liked and cared for of the two I assume.
I caught last 20 and xt of the game, wasn't like HS created a penalty or scored free kick like Son did so his clear superiority in that game was questionable for me and fotmob robots.

Side note, keep in mind Syria were wo six players.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
In the 1990 final Buchwald marked Maradona. Matthaus was free to roam midfield and create attacks.
My bad I got to revisit the game tape it was Buschwald. I would always se pictures of Lothor running with Diego so I thought it was him. My memory might
be a bit hazy I was 8 at that time. You are probably right it was Buschwald but you could see how I thought it was Der Panzer.

Attachments

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
My bad I got to revisit the game tape it was Buschwald. I would always se pictures of Lothor running with Diego so I thought it was him. My memory might
be a bit hazy I was 8 at that time. You are probably right it was Buschwald but you could see how I thought it was Der Panzer.
As for Korea vs Australia what a game and what a free kick by Son, that was a thing of beauty! No wonder why he is the MAN at Tottenham.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Azmoun is such a lazy player. I don't know what Roma saw in him.
Agreed that was always what his problem was and why he is not say at Bayern or Real Madrid.
Minus the one silly mistake, which led to a goal,
🇮🇷 is overall ok.
One thing 🇯🇵 defense is weak. Maybe we can equalize.

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Agreed that was always what his problem was and why he is not say at Bayern or Real Madrid.
Minus the one silly mistake, which led to a goal,
🇮🇷 is overall ok.
One thing 🇯🇵 defense is weak. Maybe we can equalize.
Hopefully, we are still in this. Mohebi at least has pulled up his socks today.