AFC Asian Cup 2023

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think it is more likely the I'll win lottery before Jahanbakhsh delivers an accurate cross
Agreed but I think even worse is Saman Ghoodos, he did absolutely nothing, kind of like Joe Biden's political career for 40 years :)
All of the attacks in the 2nd half for the most part have been with Iran, they almost scored a 3rd.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
uh oh 3-2 Qatar, not looking good. All of their goals are coming from the left, they know that Biranvand would save it if they go to the right.
It's not looking good folks. Galinoie is getting straight up outcoached by Qatar coach. If iran lose this game, they have only themselves to blame. \
We are the champions of 3rd place. We got 13 minutes of stoppage time to score or we are going home.Almost a goal in the dying minutes, hit the post, damn so close and yet so far.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I thought the referee was even-handed overall. The penalty went our way, and the red card went their way.
I am not a ref but that was a harsh call ...
Qatar second time in a row in final, is that coincidence ?
I don't know.
I hope Jordan wins the final.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I didn't like the line up from start , Milad should have started from beginning and Haj safi in midfield in place of Omid , Ghodoos was absolutely terrible today 😑 played all the wrong options ,bad touches, he was a failure today .
On top of all this we were really unlucky in front of goal.
This game should have been all over if we had gone 2 _0 up and we missed so many chances to do that...
Beyranvand with one good save and really poor on other two goals 😢
You will never take the crown from mighty Hejazi.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Every single player was shit. Poor subs (Mogh and Asadi). Probably Ghayedi would have been better. Not even a one decent cross or 3-4 clean passes? That (semifinal) was the best we'll achieve IMO. All Asian teams are on the path of progress and we are still same old shit. Can't see with this trend we'll make it past quarterfinals anymore.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I honestly thought after 2-2 it is over. Iran was attacking but the problem was that we are not organized. It is strange when Iran plays football. It doesn't feel like an organized team, it just feels bunch of emotional players that are pushing forward.
Overall it was a horrible game, and let's look at the tournament only from football point of view.
Out of 5 games, we played horrible in three games: Hong Kong, Syria and Qatar
Played okay against UAE and one half of good football against japan.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
My only regret is losing to Arab teams. For the life of me I can't take that. I wish we had lost to Japan.
I hear you but lets learn from them. Saudi is hosting WOMEN Tennis tournament, Women are allowed in Stadium, Alcohol is allowed for foreigners, AFC Final is between 2 ARAB teams,
We can hate them, but is it time to learn from Arabs? Whether we like to admit it or not.... During the past 44 years, Arabs moved forward 44 years and we moved BACK 44 years!