AFC Champions League 2014 Knockout Rounds [R]

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Mahbod jan, We all are aware about your feelings around Rahmati, but like I said, that does not justify such harsh words against TM keeper or any other player for that matter. Your comments suggest that you cannot wait for Davari to fail miserably just to say that I told you so. What makes you think that Rahmati would do wonders. Also, comparing Rahmati with Abedzadeh is kind of hard to swallow IMHO.
We should all just move forward with nothing but positive thoughts and try to build on what we have instead of being negative.

i have nothing against the guy , i just don't see him nice fit with TM, lack of communication, lack of experience with TM and his lack of reflex in most of shots can be reason why i am not feeling confident at all and we all know when a goalie fail to perform and fail to make couple nice saves it effects whole team , ask abedzadeh's team -mates vs gholampour team-mates

i hope i am wrong and he perform well . after all TM great performance is what we all want

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Disappointed in Foolad's performance today, although they played much better in the last 20 min. of the game and were all on attack! I think for a team that has just won IPL, got a good result in Qatar and playing at home (in front of 50k), there is no excuse! Al Sadd was consiedered a weak team before this game, barely (and luckily) made it out of their group! The refree was also not too helpful with his one-sided decisions... bad result! Oh well, it proves once again that our league is so weak!!

May 12, 2007
wasn't I who said Arabs would not let Iran win these games. If CQ took 60 players to a camp for 6 monthes we were now ready to fight
in WC and the players could lift the league up in level next year.
About poor ref it was expected.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Eh? Baaz taghsire daavar bood? "he wasnt too helpful" yani inke har daavari ke be team haaye IR komak ekhtesaasi nakone, yani daare zedde team haaye IR soot mizane aare? llloooo. Vaaghean engaar hameye donyaa zedde shiayaane jahaan dast be kaar shodan va jahaad kardan. :)

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Eh? Baaz taghsire daavar bood? "he wasnt too helpful" yani inke har daavari ke be team haaye IR komak ekhtesaasi nakone, yani daare zedde team haaye IR soot mizane aare? llloooo. Vaaghean engaar hameye donyaa zedde shiayaane jahaan dast be kaar shodan va jahaad kardan. :)
I didn't read your prior posts about this game but if you watched the game, you know very well what I am talking about! The ref. didn't call the penalty on Chimba in the 1st half, did you see the fouls qataris committed specially in the 1st half? or the way ref. let them get away with them?!... by "too helpful", it's a slang, not like you put it!
As I said earlier, I am not trying to justify the result, as I put it "No excuse", but I just gave some points about the game, that's all!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
This Al Sadd is a pain in the butt for Iranian teams. A couple of years ago Sepahan beat them home & away but because of Rahman Ahmadi one of the wins became a 3-0 Al Sadd win & they went on & won the ACL championship. The next year they beat Sepahan home & away. One of them a humiliating 4-0. The next year Sepahan beat them 4-0 but AL Sadd advances to next round & kicks Foolad out of the ACL & goes to quarter final. This is one lucky team. Interestigly they get all the favorable calls no matter who they play.
I am unaware of the Ahmadi situation what exactly went down? Arab teams in general can be a pain in the butt for Iranian teams because if they go up 1-0, a lot of them will just park the bus, especially if they are playing away because even getting a point is good enough for them. At home they might play defense but they will also counter and attack as well to put the game out of reach. I'm not familiar with the Al Sadd club I don't even know where they are from but a lot of Arab clubs also have good players, coaches and pay top dollar so not everyone playing on the team is Arab. You need to keep that in mind when dealing with "Arab" teams.

May 12, 2007
Arabe dasht koshti migereft ba fooladya. Galloosho gerefte bood nadidi? There were many mistakes by refs

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I am unaware of the Ahmadi situation what exactly went down? Arab teams in general can be a pain in the butt for Iranian teams because if they go up 1-0, a lot of them will just park the bus, especially if they are playing away because even getting a point is good enough for them. At home they might play defense but they will also counter and attack as well to put the game out of reach. I'm not familiar with the Al Sadd club I don't even know where they are from but a lot of Arab clubs also have good players, coaches and pay top dollar so not everyone playing on the team is Arab. You need to keep that in mind when dealing with "Arab" teams.

Here:
http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/2667980/