AFC Champions League, Group D (MD6), AL AIN vs ESTEGHLAL

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
what a save by Rahmati!!!!!!!!!!

That shot was deflected by Montazeri and going in.

Rahmati with a bunch of saves tonight.well done.

Nov 24, 2002
If TM want have a slim chance to advance they should bring back rahmati . the gap between him and ahmadi is huge and i wouldn't put davari in such a crucial do or die situation !

Nov 24, 2002
congrats to all blue fans ! that was a toughest group and still did pretty well . hope they keep going..

Apr 10, 2003
Man mokhless shoma hastam. Khodaro shokr Agha we saw few lines from you, baba ma mordim inja az tanhaie. Indeed thank you Mashti and Bi-honar for reporting it. You mentioned Nasser khan, I Remember Taj vs Malavan (Takhtjamsheeed cup) ended 0-0. Hejazi saved more goals than Rahmati did today. He was the best. After the game ended, people gathered where players would come out and head home.... and (police) was telling people please leave "maghar Yashin injast ke inghadr jam shodid!!" Hejazi was wearing a black goalie jersey with fine orange lines front of it. Yadesh bekheir and rohesh shad.

Thanks to mashdi and BH for reporting.

And why do I get goosebumps every time I look at family_z avatar. I miss my man so much :(.

Feb 22, 2005
Rahmati is not consistent and has made some crucial mistakes that has put Iran team in the current situation.

I think Iran should start with Davari.

At this crucial moment, Iran cant take a chance every time there is a corner or freekick that Rahmati misjudge.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Rahmati is not consistent and has made some crucial mistakes that has put Iran team in the current situation.

I think Iran should start with Davari.

At this crucial moment, Iran cant take a chance every time there is a corner or freekick that Rahmati misjudge.
True , he had a good game yesterday ,he just showed what he is capable of but he lacks the frame of mind , with him is like a lottery ,you can never tell ,just like you can't tell how Borhani would be like in any given game .

you need players you can rely on ,specially in goal ,if your opponents know your keeper has a flaw you have had it ,they will just pinpoint on that flaw and eventually hurt you ,like we have witnessed before.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Group B games were completed today..

EsEs to play UAE's Al-Shabab in the round of 16. First game away on May 15th, return leg on May 22nd.

Al-Shabab (al-Arabi) finished the group with 9 points, winning 3 and losing 3, 8 goals for and 9 goals against. On paper EsEs definitely looks like the better team, especially defensively. It looks like Al-Shabab has struggled in their away matches, having lost two until the very last away game in which they beat Pakhtakor 2-1 thanks to an own goal. They had lost their home game to PAK.

They also got a lot of yellow cards (and one red) in the last two games, so a lot of their key players will be missing in the next game! Looks like EsEs should be able to cruise through this one to the quarters. :)

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Here is recap of group phases (1st round) of ACL for those of you interested:

- Our clubs in their groups: Esteghlal (1st), Sepahan (3rd) and Traktor (4th-last)
- Qatar and KSA have each 3 teams in the next round, Korea has 2!
- Surprisingly, Japan has only 1 team in the next round, is Japan's league overrated? or are they not taking ACL serious?
- UAE has 1 team in the next round (same as us), their team (Al-Shabab) will play us (Esteghlal) in the next round!

These stats prove once again that our soccer has declined, we are literally worse than Qatar, embarrassing! We are matching countries like UAE, Uzbekistan, Thailand in club football... and still we keep saying we are one of the best teams in Asia!!!

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Esteghlal got Al-shabab of Emirates in the first round of playoffs. I think they have a good chance to make it to final 8. Best of luck to them.