Again an iranian,but like always ,out of iran: 19-year-old professor

Whizz

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
Over Here, you?
WASHINGTON, April 26: Alia Sabur, a 19-year old Iranian American, has been declared the world's youngest professor in history by the Guinness Book of World Records.
Alia broke the 1717 record set by a student of physicist Isaac Newton, Colin Maclaurin.
She has been setting records and making history throughout her young career; starting with reading at 8 months. Her IQ was determined off the charts.
She went from 4th grade to college, earning a BS in Applied Mathematics summa cum laude from Stony Brook University, New York at age 14, the youngest female in American history.
She then earned an MS and PhD in Materials Science and Engineering from Drexel University, Philadelphia.
Alia is the youngest ever to receive fellowships and awards from the US Department of Defence, Nasa and the US National Science Foundation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24273418/

Attachments

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
She has been setting records and making history throughout her young career; starting with reading at 8 months. Her IQ was determined off the charts.
She went from 4th grade to college, earning a BS in Applied Mathematics summa cum laude from Stony Brook University, New York at age 14, the youngest female in American history.
holy cow, in dige kieh?!!brilliant! thanx! :)

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
First of all, there is no mention anywhere that she is Iranian, except Iranian media or other Iranians. Second, even if she is Iranian, thank goodness that she is out of Iran. Do you think she could advance as much as she has if she was in Iran? I don't think so.

Feb 27, 2008
Toronto, ON
First of all, there is no mention anywhere that she is Iranian, except Iranian media or other Iranians. Second, even if she is Iranian, thank goodness that she is out of Iran. Do you think she could advance as much as she has if she was in Iran? I don't think so.
Sabur sounds like an iranian last name

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
The youngest university professor is Alia Sabur (USA, b. 22 February 1989). She was appointed as a full-time faculty Professor at Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea as Research Liaison with Stony Brook University (New York, USA) with effect from 19 February 2008, aged 18 years 362 days.

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
"I am not Iranian," says child prodigy

Tehran - The Iranian-American child prodigy Alia Sabur said that she was not Iranian and did not have Iranian roots, ISNA news agency reported Monday.
"I am not an Iranian and have no Iranian roots. The nationality of my parents are my private business and have no need to be exposed," ISNA news agency quoted Sabur as saying.
"I was born in New York and consider myself as a scientist belonging to the whole world," ISNA quoted her further as saying.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Source: http://www.topnews.in/people/alia-sabur

"I am not Iranian," says child prodigy
Posted May 5th, 2008 by Mohit Joshi

"I am not Iranian," says child prodigyTehran - The Iranian-American child prodigy Alia Sabur said that she was not Iranian and did not have Iranian roots, ISNA news agency reported Monday.

"I am not an Iranian and have no Iranian roots. The nationality of my parents are my private business and have no need to be exposed," ISNA news agency quoted Sabur as saying.

"I was born in New York and consider myself as a scientist belonging to the whole world," ISNA quoted her further as saying.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
I googled her name and saw many pointing out that her mother is an American and her father is an Iranian. I guess this is going to be another Agassi and Sami Yusuf for a while now. Only Iranians are capable of denying their roots. There is no reason for others to do so, even for people of Bengal.

Last edited: