Ahmadinejad visits Persepolis and the Tomp of Cyrus

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
They definitely blame him for Zayandehrood! No questions! But I'd heard them say he diverted the water to Yazd before it reached Esfahan!
I really think half of the problem in our country is comments like this.
Thinking that Iran's water issues are easy to solve.

There has never been more water in Zayandeh roud. There is two massive tunnels that unfairly divert Karoons water into Zayandeh rood.

the issue the government has chose to let people farm the hell out lands that are upstream from the plateau of of Esfahan.
The same is true in Karoun's case.

If the government puts a stop to it. there will be massive riots.

and there is almost like 50% less rain than 20 years go.

The issue is by no means simple. it is very complicated. if it was easy; it would have been resolved by now.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I really think half of the problem in our country is comments like this.
Thinking that Iran's water issues are easy to solve.

There has never been more water in Zayandeh roud. There is two massive tunnels that unfairly divert Karoons water into Zayandeh rood.

the issue the government has chose to let people farm the hell out lands that are upstream from the plateau of of Esfahan.
The same is true in Karoun's case.

If the government puts a stop to it. there will be massive riots.

and there is almost like 50% less rain than 20 years go.

The issue is by no means simple. it is very complicated. if it was easy; it would have been resolved by now.
What was happening to those farmers upstream of Esfahan before Ahamadinejad became president? From what I remember there was not much more rain at that time either!

and what have the farmers downstream of Esfahan done to deserve this treatment?

I'm sorry but I don't buy the arguments! I think the main problem is the lack of proper water plans which is needed, specially during this time of drought! Something that got much worse when that clown came to power!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What was happening to those farmers upstream of Esfahan before Ahamadinejad became president? From what I remember there was not much more rain at that time either!

and what have the farmers downstream of Esfahan done to deserve this treatment?

I'm sorry but I don't buy the arguments! I think the main problem is the lack of proper water plans which is needed, specially during this time of drought! Something that got much worse when that clown came to power!
Of Course you don't buy it; because you are bought into this narrative pushed by a bunch of elites.

This is not pre or Post ahmadinejad thing. Folks after the revolution and before then during the white revolution started talking about
why do we land just sit there. let's pump up water from the rivers and let people have jobs. that is let them plant land that previously belonged to the government.
and take owernship of it by the virtue of having worked it.

This was of course not the brightest of policies. if you take Zayandeh rood as an example. and you drive on the banks of it on those back road village roads.
you will see that there is a ton of new orchards (Peach, Walnuts, Almonds) that have been greened up in the mountains using Zayandeh rooods Water.

During Ahmadinejad, because the country was flushed with money ahmadinejad just gave a ton of more loans to farmers; so they accelerated their process of water pumping and laying pipes.

this was all dumb policy both in ZayadenhRood and Karoon upstreams. because the quality of dirt in the lowstream is just might higher quality and can be irrigated free of charge because of gravity.

but that is all irrelevant. if you try to stop the farmers watering their trees; there will be blood to pay. that is all their lively-hood.

there is no easy short term answer!

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I answered your question with a question because I did not know what you really expected anyone to say here. Did you expect anybody to say no, we don't blame him for torturing and killing the students? I thought you were gonna say something different yourself.

As for blaming the people, I disagree with you. People were there in the streets, getting killed and tortured for all the injustice that you just mentioned. Who were the ones who stood by? You and I who were sitting in our comfortable homes in Europe/Canada, watching the people getting killed have little right to judge those people who were actually in the streets, fighting!
i have every right to have an opinion. and no people did not support the students. if they had IR would have been under a different type of government by now (or maybe in civil war ...) cannot guess.

this whole theory of sitting comfortably in our home in Europe/Canada is bullshit. please refrain from bringing it up simply because there are hard lives everywhere and there are easy peasy lifestyles all over and nowhere MORE than IR.

I have had conversations with several people who took active parts in green movement demonstrations in Tehran, Shiraz and tabriz, (two of them sit across from my cubicle at work and i hired one when i was a manager a few years ago. and they all told about their experiences but one thing they all concurred on was that the demonstrators were mostly students and spies of bassidj and ordinary people (civil servants, businessmen, doctors, dentists, toilet cleaners and millions of unemployed) did not support them for the simple reason of being scared of bassidj and sepah units that were armed to the teeth.

they took part in demos in shahyad square, sabalaan, amir aabaad for a few months nearly on weekly basis.

There is a reason i am sitting on my 'comfortable' place in Canada. 30 years ago your emaam khomeini said that people like my family are not welcome to stay in IR anymore and if we value our lives we have to leave. Unfortunately for me i was not old enough to stay and at least get myself to a place to hit back at the people who wanted me out otherwise i would have.

maybe you had a 'normal' yes it is called normal not easy life with the support of your parents or family but not all of us have had easy lives outside IR. Some of us have cleaned toilets, delivered pizzas, spent many nights with less than a pound in our pockets.

don't go summerizing everybody's life with your own.

May 21, 2003
you theory might apply to people sitting around talking 'SHIT'. moreover, that attitude is rampant in this forum.

One slight, maybe subtle difference though, people such as yourself, Chinaski, etc etc who live in Europe at least take the time to 'think' and have a conversation as opposed to most (not all) in north america who have so much been mesmerized by capitalism and beautiful views of bays in San francisco, Vancouver, L.A etc that talk out of their assholes.

for them being a monkey is very easy. all they need is an organ grinder to get them going. this is nothing new though, however, even when i was a kid before or after revolution we had morons like that in every environment in IR. some people had a certain opinion, others thought differently. most said nothing at all and then there was the monkey ....

waiting for people to talk to start puking crap out of their mouth ...

Attachments

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
maybe you had a 'normal' yes it is called normal not easy life with the support of your parents or family but not all of us have had easy lives outside IR. Some of us have cleaned toilets, delivered pizzas, spent many nights with less than a pound in our pockets.

don't go summerizing everybody's life with your own.
Just as I don't have a clue about your life, you don't have a clue about mine either dude! Let's not judge when we don't know each other then!

May 21, 2003
Just as I don't have a clue about your life, you don't have a clue about mine either dude! Let's not judge when we don't know each other then!
yes that is what my reply was about. lets not judge.
again you are replying to my post with my own post.

as chinaski said in the other post a lot of discussions here kind of start interesting but then they spiral down the toilet.

i think i need to go back into hibernation again. Thanks sly jaan for making me realize this.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
yes that is what my reply was about. lets not judge.
again you are replying to my post with my own post.

as chinaski said in the other post a lot of discussions here kind of start interesting but then they spiral down the toilet.

i think i need to go back into hibernation again. Thanks sly jaan for making me realize this.
Dude....you are taking this the wrong way! I just meant "just as you said" let's not judge each other! I mean you criticized me for judging you yet you judged me yourself.

As for going into hibernation....yes, everyone needs that once in a while. I hope you come back soon!