Alexander Nouri, the new head coach of Werder Bremen and first ever Iranian to coach in top league

Nov 24, 2002
at age of 37! As temporary head coach, he coached the club reserve team for two years, he was born and raised in Germany but played for Iran in all youth level up to 23 but wasn't good enough to make senior team and at club level he played most of his career with werder bremen II.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
I think he played for Iran's U-23, i am not 100% sure, but kind of remember that..
Nope, no chance. You must be thinking about someone else.

ISP even conducted an interview with this guy a while ago while he was still playing. He never represented Iran at any level.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
he never played for Iran at any level. He only played in lower levels in Germany like 3rd division and stuff. But from the interview and Reza meeting him, he seemed like a real nice guy so good luck to him.

Zende bad Sirabi Shirdoon!

Nov 24, 2002
he never played for Iran at any level. He only played in lower levels in Germany like 3rd division and stuff. But from the interview and Reza meeting him, he seemed like a real nice guy so good luck to him.

Zende bad Sirabi Shirdoon!
The guy actually feels more Iranian than many Iranians in ISP, if you know what i mean ;). He was actually close to play for TM during Branko's time and missed a training camp due to injury...

Here is part of Reza's interview with him in 2008

IranSportsPress.com: You are half Iranian. But as you were born in Germany did you have much connection with the Iranian culture as a child?

Alexander Nouri: My dad is Iranian. He was born in Rasht, and was raised in Tehran. My mother is German. So I was lucky in a way that I grew up under the influence of two different cultures. I love Iran. I love my Iranian side and I see myself as much Iranian as I am German. Sadly, I don’t speak much Persian. My dad studied in another city when I was a child (Oldenburg), and he only visited us during the weekends. When he did come to visit us, he wanted us to speak and learn German, so that we don’t have any problems at school. He didn’t want us to be treated as foreigners. He himself had bad experiences at that time, and he obviously wanted us to avoid such problems. However, my goal is to learn to speak Persian to the best of my ability. I feel close to the Iranian culture and we have a lot of family from Iran who visit us, and I would like to be speaking in Persian with them. I like Iranian food, and I like Iranian music. I have a son, and I have named him “Arian”, which as you know is an Iranian name.

IranSportsPress.com: Did you ever think about playing for Iran national team? Or were you ever approached by Team Melli officials?

Alexander Nouri:
I was in contact with the Iranian Football Federation in 2004/05 through Reza Fazeli. Sadly I was injured at the time and when I was invited to join the team during the training camp in England, I could not take up the invitation due to my injury. It would have been an honour for me to wear the Team Melli shirt.

Oct 18, 2002
The guy actually feels more Iranian than many Iranians in ISP, if you know what i mean ;). He was actually close to play for TM during Branko's time and missed a training camp due to injury...

Here is part of Reza's interview with him in 2008

IranSportsPress.com: You are half Iranian. But as you were born in Germany did you have much connection with the Iranian culture as a child?

Alexander Nouri: My dad is Iranian. He was born in Rasht, and was raised in Tehran. My mother is German. So I was lucky in a way that I grew up under the influence of two different cultures. I love Iran. I love my Iranian side and I see myself as much Iranian as I am German. Sadly, I don’t speak much Persian. My dad studied in another city when I was a child (Oldenburg), and he only visited us during the weekends. When he did come to visit us, he wanted us to speak and learn German, so that we don’t have any problems at school. He didn’t want us to be treated as foreigners. He himself had bad experiences at that time, and he obviously wanted us to avoid such problems. However, my goal is to learn to speak Persian to the best of my ability. I feel close to the Iranian culture and we have a lot of family from Iran who visit us, and I would like to be speaking in Persian with them. I like Iranian food, and I like Iranian music. I have a son, and I have named him “Arian”, which as you know is an Iranian name.

IranSportsPress.com: Did you ever think about playing for Iran national team? Or were you ever approached by Team Melli officials?

Alexander Nouri:
I was in contact with the Iranian Football Federation in 2004/05 through Reza Fazeli. Sadly I was injured at the time and when I was invited to join the team during the training camp in England, I could not take up the invitation due to my injury. It would have been an honour for me to wear the Team Melli shirt.
Oh my God. I think I am getting Alzheimer. I dont remember to interview him
Yuuuk

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It is indeed Chelokabab's or maybe Kalleh-Pachcheh effect! Never underestimate that!
Maybe Mirzaqasemi or baghali ghatogh since his dad is from Rasht ,but looking at his picture he has missed on the Rashti nose !

He looks more German than Rashti for sure but good to know he carries his Iranian genes and is proud of it .

Good luck to him.

Ps . mind you he looks a bit like Seyed Jalal ...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Baba I was just wondering if some old school dudes still remember who the last ISP gladiator was with catching big fishes :)
LOL@ you Reza! You don't post until someone writes your name! :D :D Nice to see your post anyways!

Oct 18, 2002
LOL@ you Reza! You don't post until someone writes your name! :D :D Nice to see your post anyways!
No. This time I was really just wondering if anyone of you has taken notice about Nouri. When I saw Mahdi quoting me I felt so honored that even so many years I am still getting so many likes looool