Algeria, great fighters.... fantastic team play

Oct 18, 2002
They have similar players like Iran. fight hard like there is no tomorrow. I wish TM reaches that level one day.

Nov 24, 2002
and bunch of stupid fans !!!!! they put laser on Russia's goalie 's eyes during corner kick that they scored !!!

Nov 24, 2002
They have similar players like Iran. fight hard like there is no tomorrow. I wish TM reaches that level one day.
their whole squad play in europe ( except second and 3th goalie) , 18 out of 23 born in France !!
the have players from Inter, Porto, Sporting ,Tottenham, Livorno, Napoli, Valencia , Udinese . when Iran had as many as players playing in europe then we can talk about similarity !!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
their whole squad play in europe ( except second and 3th goalie) , 18 out of 23 born in France !!
the have players from Inter, Porto, Sporting ,Tottenham, Livorno, Napoli, Valencia , Udinese . when Iran had as many as players playing in europe then we can talk about similarity !!
That is a huge difference man good call.

As for Algeria well done but now they are going up against my boys so I can't route for them. Lang lebe Deutschland!!! Algeria will put up a fight though they won't get punked like Portugal.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
i have a few Algerian friends here. texted all of them for tabrik.

dameshoon garm. and what a fighting spirit. This had all to do with professionalism and national pride.

One look at their fanatical fans and you see that their team made them proud
they really made their nation pride.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I remember there once upon a time we had 3 players in Hamburg, one in Koln, 1 in Mienz, 3 in Leverkusen, 1 in BM, 1 in St Pauli, 1 in Charlton, a couple in Belgium, 1 in Turkey and Greece each, 1 in serie A, ..., we still were the same as we are today. Our coach was about to take Croatia to the WC just before he took over Iran. Sadly, within 3 years, our players mostly ended up being benchwarmers, and we didn't make it to the next WC just because Bahrainis honked the horns in front of our hotel.

Nov 24, 2002
I remember there once upon a time we had 3 players in Hamburg, one in Koln, 1 in Mienz, 3 in Leverkusen, 1 in BM, 1 in St Pauli, 1 in Charlton, a couple in Belgium, 1 in Turkey and Greece each, 1 in serie A, ..., we still were the same as we are today. Our coach was about to take Croatia to the WC just before he took over Iran. Sadly, within 3 years, our players mostly ended up being benchwarmers, and we didn't make it to the next WC just because Bahrainis honked the horns in front of our hotel.
well even back to time only azizi , daei and kia and bagheri were getting playing time .pashazadeh, mousavi and yadani didn't play at all for leverkuzen in bundesliga if i am not wrong . st-pauli , Mainz were in bundesliga two and emamifar , mahdavi, yazdani were playing for crappy chareloi , our serie A player was samereh who played probably only 2 or 3 games and shahroudi left turkey after half a season and nakisa played for button table Greece team

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
i have a few Algerian friends here. texted all of them for tabrik.

dameshoon garm. and what a fighting spirit. This had all to do with professionalism and national pride.

One look at their fanatical fans and you see that their team made them proud
they really made their nation pride.
I"m really happy for them there is not much to cheer for in Algeria these days but their futbol team really surprised and impressed me them, Greece and Costa Rica. I thought all teams would be out for sure. I think we are going to have our hands full with them but I still think the difference is our subs v their subs and Algeria plays it tight in the first half but we pull away in the 2nd. Final Germany 2 Algeria 0 or maybe 3-1.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California

Dodgiest game

West Germany 1-0 Austria - Group stage

Arguably the most shameful game in the tournament's history.

Algeria had played their third match the day before, so both West Germany and Austria knew that a German win by one or two goals would qualify them both, while a large victory would qualify Algeria over Austria.

The Germans scored 10 minutes in, and both sides then spent 80 minutes punting the ball round aimlessly. Neutrals were enraged, angry Algerians waved banknotes, and one offended German fan even burned his country's flag.

Algeria protested to FIFA, but were overruled. In future, final group games would be played simultaneously.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/82-most-memorable-matches-world-cup-spain#FrJWbsadVKDY2uAz.99

Oct 18, 2002
Again and again, excellent game play against Germany. Solid defense and attractive move to the front. What more can you expect from such team...
Algeria is actually the winner from last night match. I as a huge German fan, have to accept that even though Germany controlled the match, Algeria had great chances to score in the first half. Germany did not play bad, Algeria was just good. Loew continually makes mistakes bringing wrong players and not letting Khadira and Schweinsteiger playing together. Lahm has to go back and defend like old days....

May 21, 2003
Algerians were nearly perfect.

And a classical example of raising your performance and improving game by game. The big stage suited them and they went from ordinary against belgium to better against korea and excellent against Russia and Germany.

They were my darlings of this world cup.

What a display of full flowing passing game against Germany and did not sit back for a second.

May 21, 2003
no dude.

They had no similarities to IR.

They improved with every game and ended up only losing to Germany by running out of steam. IR got progessively worst and their predictable game was easily dissected by a very average European team.