Ali daei not Needed

karimi_nr1

Bench Warmer
Mar 14, 2005
seriously guys.!! if daei cant stand agasint Azerbaijan defenders how do you want him to stand agasint Japan-korea-bahrain defenders...

with strikers waiting to get playtime we are still using Manzerat mickam USELESS ali daei..???? :confused:

he is a good player in Saba..indeed he is...saba should be happy to have him

Ali daei better prove himself in the future team melli games baba..i dont want a ali daei like this playing for us at wc 2006

i would rather love to see Niki-kazemian-Borhani-Oladi etc...?? :confused:

Common Daei joon.!! play good or leave please

Nov 24, 2002
Still i was surpris Branko subbed him out ! The fact is with Daei as starter , then you will see players like karimi who is one of the main players of TM , play out of position ..
Today , zandi was offensve -midfielder , karimi was playing as def-Mid ..
This for a player who has great Pa-be top is worst position ! Ta 2 ta dribble bezaneh mireseh tazeh vasateh zamin energi barash nemimoneh!
I hope branko realise that and start with vahid & Karimi behind vahid and zandi as offensive -mid .

paymonM

Bench Warmer
Jun 19, 2003
there are people that will still insist that Daei should be playing when he is in his 40's ... afterall, he has scored 1 million goals 20 years ago ....

We have so many young talents AND highly talented Bundesliga players that its a shame that one 36 year old player is using his influence to throw himself into the game as a starter at one of the most important positions in football .... very sad

karimi_nr1

Bench Warmer
Mar 14, 2005
Daei should retire seriously.!! i dont want karimi to play out of postion just cause daie has to get playtime.!!

let me just make something clear..!! we have already young strikers who have amazing talent

Borhani-21
Oladi-19
Kazemian-24

and Even Amir Shahpourzadeh who play for Hansa Rostock and we should keep an eye on this 23 year old striker from next season.!! he might be a good striker now playing in Hansa rostock A.team

i would love daei to say.,..' i am finished and i am retiring'

this would be a great lineup if daei retires

------------------------------Mirza-----------------------------
----Kaabi----------Yahya--------------Rezaei----------Nosrati---
----------Kia--------Mobali------------Nekonam----------Zandi---
--------------Hashemian----------------Karimi--------------------

belive me with daei retiring thats amazing..

with ali daei still here i think this should be the lineup

--------------------------Mirza---------------------------------
------Kaabi-------Yahya----------Rezaei--------------Nosrati----
--------Kia--------------Nekounam-------------------Zandi------
--------------------------Karimi---------------------------------
-----------------Hashemian---------Daei-------------------------

i dount branko will use karimi in def mid again.!! that was just for testing against azerbaijan.!!

IF branko still subs daei out that would be ok:) lets hope he contiues subbing daei out

May 9, 2004
karimi_nr1 said:
seriously guys.!! if daei cant stand agasint Azerbaijan defenders how do you want him to stand agasint Japan-korea-bahrain defenders...

with strikers waiting to get playtime we are still using Manzerat mickam USELESS ali daei..???? :confused:

he is a good player in Saba..indeed he is...saba should be happy to have him

Ali daei better prove himself in the future team melli games baba..i dont want a ali daei like this playing for us at wc 2006

i would rather love to see Niki-kazemian-Borhani-Oladi etc...?? :confused:

Common Daei joon.!! play good or leave please
Im agree with you but what borhani done in that game?? nothing
I think still old king is better than borhani he is ZERO
Its better branko play with HASHEMIAN,OLADI,KAZEMIAN

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
Zandi is very good and influencial at the attacking midfield position, that is also the position that Karimi currently plays, Zandi himself said he can play attcking as well as defending midfielder. But i believe he can be of of a lot more use for TM as an attacking player. Karimi can move his position and play as second foward next to Hashemian. Daei is completly useless and is just embaressing himself and damaging TM,
Zandi played great against Azerbadjian and was the best player of the match at least the first half. Daei was just horrible and i believe he will get much worse and hope eventually he will retire himself because it seems nobody has the authority to kick him out TM.

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
Don't expect any sudden changes, Branco is a very conservative coach. Unfortunately he'll play daei in the starting lineup til he retires (After WC06 if we are lucky).

a_m

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2004
boston
daie looked like an old man in the game it was embarassing watching him..he couln't even run , pass dribble , shot and this was a friendly game...man he need to retire ASAP....because when the showed the bench of the TM...look how good player there were sitting.waiting for a chance............come it isn't really fair to any of other player right now.........

May 13, 2005
Tehran
daie also has very bad attitude...

he makes bad pass's then yells at the players he makes the bad pass's to...

i saw a part where he yelled at vahid hashemian, after he(daie) made a bad pass..

i think hashemian is one of irans CLASSIEST footballer and athlete... ive met him couple of times, and he's soo respectfull and gracefull....

very classy guy, yet daie was yelling at the top of his lungs at him...a teammate should support their teammates.. dai doesnt do that...

pardon my language, but daie is an asshole... ive heard other things about daie that confirm he's an asshole by players who've played with him b4...

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
guys, wait 10 days.

If Ali Daie does not score in the next 2 matches, he will be done. It does not matter that he does not want to retire, people will throw him out of national team. Just wait and see.

However, if he scores even one goal, then He will stay till end of the world cup.

Anyway, we will have our answers in 10 days.

Oct 27, 2003
California
Sure Daei missed a couple of clear chances and was not in his best form, but come on guys, he wasn't as terrible as you guys say either. He made a few good passes and at least one brilliant shot on goal that was barely saved by the keeper, and one beautifu shot that missed by a few inches over the cross bar.
If anything, I was expecting much more from the subs in the second half, including Enayati. I'm kinda happy Branko has stuck to his selection than to bend to popular and media pressure. In a way, the second half was Branko's way of comparing the two. I think Daei is still an effective player, even if he's not good for the whole 90 minutes. We should not be so black and white about him.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Wow, it's funny how Daei support has been gradually fading in this forum.
Daei should have left last year and given an opportunity to younger guys to develop their talent. Every extra day he stays on, is a day we have lost in developing new talent...

Oct 19, 2002
Babr Jaan,
Great obsevation about Karimi - he should be up in the 18 meter area doing dribbling and scoring goals OR pulling penalties. Why is he being positioned as a Def. Mid. is a BIG question to me? What is the coach doing here?

Imaam Daei is just an EMBARRASMENT to himself and he is so ignorant of it and does not see it. What a guy? Simply selfish and .......... - he is an OLD MAN.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
yashar11 said:
daie also has very bad attitude...

he makes bad pass's then yells at the players he makes the bad pass's to...

i saw a part where he yelled at vahid hashemian, after he(daie) made a bad pass..

i think hashemian is one of irans CLASSIEST footballer and athlete... ive met him couple of times, and he's soo respectfull and gracefull....

very classy guy, yet daie was yelling at the top of his lungs at him...a teammate should support their teammates.. dai doesnt do that...

pardon my language, but daie is an asshole... ive heard other things about daie that confirm he's an asshole by players who've played with him b4...
Daei being an ass is not new.