Ali Karimi bashes Ali Daie on TV interview

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
It looks like things haven't changed since 2006 for these 2 but I always take Karimi's side on this

[video=youtube;_KsBZno2k7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KsBZno2k7o[/video]

Oct 1, 2004
For goodness sake, he should be the bigger man and just let it go.

As I've always said they're 2 sides of the same coin. You're either with them or against them.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I stand by everything Ali Karimi says , he is right , Ali Daei is all he says he is , he was a burden on our team as a player in 2006 and as a coach in 2010 , rude ,arrogant and selfish that is his trade mark.

Feb 4, 2005
I stand by everything Ali Karimi says , he is right , Ali Daei is all he says he is , he was a burden on our team as a player in 2006 and as a coach in 2010 , rude ,arrogant and selfish that is his trade mark.
Yes but Karimi has said that time and again. No need to bring it to the surface again. He is not at the same level and people already know everything. He should let it go.

Nov 24, 2002
Yes but Karimi has said that time and again. No need to bring it to the surface again. He is not at the same level and people already know everything. He should let it go.
also I love karimi a lot but coming with such an interview you bring yourself down and as same level as some one like Daei , I expected better from Karimi , people are not stupid and can judge anyone and I doubt there are many Daei's fan left , even his hard core ones!

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I agree, if we didn't have Ali Daie in 2006 and a coaching staff like we have today then that team could of made some noise in the World Cup, its a shame .

May 12, 2007
I agree. Generally Karimi was unlucky with Daei all the time.
2010 Ali Daei should not have become coach
2006 Daei was too old to play.
Now Ali Daei is the coach of perspolice Karimi should leave
Hamishe moye damagheshe

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with you man and even I pointed out that Ali Daei is no angel but this makes Karimi look like a bache soosool spoiled brat. There is a time and place. As Lincoln once said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." We all know this anyways so why does Karimi feel the need to state the obvious? It only makes him look bad in the process.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I say do it ultimate fighting way, put them in a ring and let them beat each other

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I for one am tired of hearing this guy whine about something every 6 months. It's like he's constantly PMSing! Everyone and I mean everyone has had problems with Daei, but no one else ruined the 2006 WC team over personal issues and no ones else has whined about it since or as much as Karimi has whined about Daei. Holy shit, you don't like the guy, we get it - just have a little bit of professionalism and get on with life.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I for one am tired of hearing this guy whine about something every 6 months. It's like he's constantly PMSing! Everyone and I mean everyone has had problems with Daei, but no one else ruined the 2006 WC team over personal issues and no ones else has whined about it since or as much as Karimi has whined about Daei. Holy shit, you don't like the guy, we get it - just have a little bit of professionalism and get on with life.
I kinda disagree, It is not that Daei retired or stopped misbehaving for people to treat the case as past. Just within last year he was in bed with Babak Zanjani, had been involved in the matchmaking fiasco, intimidated officials many times, insulted players like Karimi in occasions, screwed PP up... Ali Daei is an ongoing cancer and should be dealt with constantly. Good for Karimi to expose him to people even further.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
also I love karimi a lot but coming with such an interview you bring yourself down and as same level as some one like Daei , I expected better from Karimi ,
Mahbod jan when you are dealing with donkeys like Daei, they only way is to answer Daei in "Daei" way.
Ghashang shashid be Daei raft. Yani goft Daei aslan ye diribl balad nist. gaavi faghat ya head mizaneh ya shoot.
And whats up with Daeis attitude toward young Melli players, when they took the ball away from him? Jesus what an Ab-Ghoost!

Nov 24, 2002
Mahbod jan when you are dealing with donkeys like Daei, they only way is to answer Daei in "Daei" way.
Ghashang shashid be Daei raft. Yani goft Daei aslan ye diribl balad nist. gaavi faghat ya head mizaneh ya shoot.
And whats up with Daeis attitude toward young Melli players, when they took the ball away from him? Jesus what an Ab-Ghoost!
Ostad : Daei piss me off lots of time , infact back to time when half forum were his die hard fan and if you say a word against Daei hoviyatet zire soal miraft( lol )I was probably one of very very very few who didn't agree with what he was doing back to more than 10 years a go! BUT as much as I like Karimi, he did some stupid stuffs also , as some one else said 2006 WC and his reaction ( kicking bag and the rest) is not something people will forget and forgive , Karimi like Daei has his part of blame in 2006 WC ! Karimi wasn't 20 that time , he was playing for one of best clubs in Europe in that time , if he was 20 I could deal with it ..

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2004
Those were the types of comments that Make Karimi look bad. Daei is a forward. Whether he scores with his ass, nose, feet, ... doesn't matter so long as he scores. On top of that Karimi is just plain wrong on this topic. Daei has scored plenty wile dribbling. It happened less after 2004, but before then he was able to do it often.

The whole Karimi-Daei fallout should have been resolved way earlier by Branko. Either he should have stopped inviting Daei to TM after Asian Cup 2004, or if he was so adamant to have Daei and Karimi in WC 2006 he should have told both to STFU or get out if they want to have their ego wars with everyone.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Sorry if it sounds offensive to some, but it's a stupid topic... It's like you compare orange with apple! Daei had his time and nobody can forget what he did... Same with Karimi, we can never forget his abilities... They are both legends. I don't know why this (only) happens in our football... it says a lot about our culture lacking so many things... having its effects on our soccer players. have you ever seen players from the same country talk this way about each other? Just imagine if Deschamps came out and talked trash about Zidane after a few years, or Schummacher about Rumenigge... Ronaldo about Figo!!!
I am not saying who is right or wrong... besides are these issues going to solve our problems?!!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I kinda disagree, It is not that Daei retired or stopped misbehaving for people to treat the case as past. Just within last year he was in bed with Babak Zanjani, had been involved in the matchmaking fiasco, intimidated officials many times, insulted players like Karimi in occasions, screwed PP up... Ali Daei is an ongoing cancer and should be dealt with constantly. Good for Karimi to expose him to people even further.
It's not like he's exposing Daie though, he's just talking crap and whining about childish personal stuff which has always been his signature. If he came out and said I have a document that on so and so day Daei took a bribe for match fixing, I would be the first one to call him a hero, because that's not a personal thing and is relevant to every Iranian football fan. But Daei didn't call him to talk to him on such and such day or can't dribble, etc. these are real childish petty stuff IMHO and not becoming of a supposedly national hero who coincidentally wants to be invited to another world cup!