Ali vs Tyson

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Please put your emotions and nostalgia aside people. Yes, Ali is a legend for what he did and accomplished but NO, let me repeat again, NO boxer in history gets close to Tyson at his peak. The guy was an animal on and off the ring.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Yep, but if you get a chance to watch ken Norton vs. Ali, you will see that no one was more scrappy than Norton, including Tyson. Norton was a master at bobbing and weaving and getting in close. He was probably the hardest fighter to hit because he was constantly moving and Ali was able to handle him for the most part. Again, if Tyson could get a couple of punches in on Ali, he would have a chance, but Ali was very crafty and had fought fighters like Frazier and Norton who were similar in style to Tyson. Also, don't forget that Ali had a pretty good punch himself, so not only would he keep Tyson away with a stiff jab constantly in his face, he could follow that up with some hooks that would rock Tyson. But, I also agree, it would be one hell of a fight.
here is what im saying, Frazier hit Ali pretty hard during their trilogy, Foreman got him a few times also in their fight, he was not unhittable, in fact one of his best features was he could take a lot of shots. All im saying is if Frazier could land power shots on Ali, then so could Tyson and believe me NOBODY is getting up when a Mike Tyson left hook lands.

No I'm not underestimating Tyson, he was an animal, but what I was trying to say was Tyson would have much harder time facing opponent in 60's and 70's than 80's. Also when Foremen faced ali he was much older than his prime. Yes he was slow but he had great defense plus he was a big man much taller than Tyson, he would make opponent tired then punch them back with one of his killer punches, but if Tyson and Foremen had to face eachother I would put my money on Tyson.
You are right about Tyson was closing down on other opponent, it seems like whoever was going backward against Tyson would end up laying down on the floor, but talking about dancing, Ali could dance all night as he said it himself many times.
Tyson was a great fighter, but Ali was a great boxer. There is a big difference between this two.
Ali did have great defense, but both Frazier and Foreman landed power shots on him, in fact, Mike Tyson fought more like Frazier than anyone else, both had an unbelievable left hook, tremendous power and both were great in the trenches. I am certain Tyson packed more power into his punches than Frazier did. As far as size goes, all of Tyson's opponents were bigger than him, he is around 5'10". What im saying is its not for certain, one left hook from Mike Tyson and not even Ali would get up.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
here is what im saying, Frazier hit Ali pretty hard during their trilogy, Foreman got him a few times also in their fight, he was not unhittable, in fact one of his best features was he could take a lot of shots. All im saying is if Frazier could land power shots on Ali, then so could Tyson and believe me NOBODY is getting up when a Mike Tyson left hook lands.

Ali did have great defense, but both Frazier and Foreman landed power shots on him, in fact, Mike Tyson fought more like Frazier than anyone else, both had an unbelievable left hook, tremendous power and both were great in the trenches. I am certain Tyson packed more power into his punches than Frazier did. As far as size goes, all of Tyson's opponents were bigger than him, he is around 5'10". What im saying is its not for certain, one left hook from Mike Tyson and not even Ali would get up.
Anything is possible, but we are talking hypothetically, and yes maybe Tyson would get a punch in and knock Ali out, but 9 out of 10 times he would lose and probably 6 or 7 of them by KO!! If you think Tyson hit harder than Foreman (each in their prime), then you didn't see the Frazier vs. Foreman fight that ended in 2 rounds!

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Anything is possible, but we are talking hypothetically, and yes maybe Tyson would get a punch in and knock Ali out, but 9 out of 10 times he would lose and probably 6 or 7 of them by KO!! If you think Tyson hit harder than Foreman (each in their prime), then you didn't see the Frazier vs. Foreman fight that ended in 2 rounds!

Khorus jan, i have seen Foreman Frazier, and yes i am sure Tyson hits harder simply because he leans to his side when he punches and uses his legs and Foreman is too big to do that. Ali said it himself in a joking matter but nontheless one punch from Mike and its over and believe me he would land that one punch against both Frazier and Foreman, Ali is a little tougher but still he wasnt unhittable. Both at their prime i'd say Tyson wins 7 out of 10. I mean Foreman is just a no brainer, his head is hanging out there like a freaking baboon, just itching for a Tyson signature uppercut.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Khorus jan, i have seen Foreman Frazier, and yes i am sure Tyson hits harder simply because he leans to his side when he punches and uses his legs and Foreman is too big to do that. Ali said it himself in a joking matter but nontheless one punch from Mike and its over and believe me he would land that one punch against both Frazier and Foreman, Ali is a little tougher but still he wasnt unhittable. Both at their prime i'd say Tyson wins 7 out of 10. I mean Foreman is just a no brainer, his head is hanging out there like a freaking baboon, just itching for a Tyson signature uppercut.

All I was saying about Foreman is that he hit as hard as Tyson. Just look at Foreman's record, I think at one point in time he was like 54-2 with 50 KO's. So Ali would probably not go down with one punch from Tyson unless it was the perfect punch, and with Ali's footwork odds are against it. I still contend that with both fighters in their prime, Ali would win 9 out of 10 fights against Tyson.