An unfortunate win for Iran and people forget about our weakness!!!!

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Let me first say that I am happy with the result. However with this win, people will forget about how atrocious our play was in Azadi. We showed absolutely no cohesiveness in offense. The following players did not belong in TM on Friday:
  • Taremi
  • Ansarifard
  • Ashkan Dejagha
  • Sardar Azmoun
Additionally, Pejhman Montazeri was being beaten time and time again by Qatari players. Listen, we've got to be realistic that the result was completely luck. The league has been closed for the past 2 plus weeks for the TM camp and this is the result? Carlos needs to explain himself. Let's hope for a better performance this Tuesday in China.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I don't know what did you expect from Taremi and Azmoun when they didn't get a proper passes from midfielder and in case of Taremi he was playing totally out of position. Also Ansarifard kind of assisted the winning goal, yes he should have done a better job on that header pass by Gucci, but base on very little chances created by our midfielders you came to this conclusion that Taremi, Azmoun and Karim doesn't belong to TM?
I think Montazeri had a good game.

Jun 30, 2009
Let me first say that I am happy with the result. However with this win, people will forget about how atrocious our play was in Azadi. We showed absolutely no cohesiveness in offense. The following players did not belong in TM on Friday:
  • Taremi
  • Ansarifard
  • Ashkan Dejagha
  • Sardar Azmoun
Additionally, Pejhman Montazeri was being beaten time and time again by Qatari players. Listen, we've got to be realistic that the result was completely luck. The league has been closed for the past 2 plus weeks for the TM camp and this is the result? Carlos needs to explain himself. Let's hope for a better performance this Tuesday in China.
you need to stick to synchronized swimming. you are clueless about the game of football

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
  • Taremi
  • Ansarifard
  • Ashkan Dejagha
  • Sardar Azmoun
I agree with you completely about the fact that the mentioned players did not play well. However our European based players joined TM just 2-3 days before the game. Add to that the heavy CL game they had to play right before that. So it's a bit understandable that they could not perform. I think they will play much better against China.

When it comes to Dejagah, he shouldn't start. He's badly out of form and out of breath! Taremi shouldn't have started before Gucci either. Specially in the wrong position.

I also think Azmoun hasn't looked very active during his last few games (including the ones in Rostov). He only waits to get a nice pass in a nice position to score and that's all. He doesn't run and he doesn't fight as he should do even as a striker! If he continues like this, I think CQ should bench him.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Taremi played out of position. Ansarifard did not play long - he came in 84' and had effect on first goal.
HajSafi also did not play well and he should not play left back in TM. Milad should start instead of him in China game.
I see the major problem of TM lacks of a playmaker.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
I don't understand why people keep saying Iran didn't play a good game against Qatar! I was one of CQ's and TM's biggest critics in their last WC games because I felt they played "anti-football". But in the game against Qatar I was quite pleased with TM's performance.

Sometimes it's not your team playing bad as much as the other team playing very well. And I think that was the case for TM against Qatar the other day. Qatar has very solid players, a good coach, and tons of resources and preparation and they had come to Iran with the prime goal of leaving with one point and to that end they played and executed their game plans very well until the last minutes.

The reason Qatar lost the game was not just an individual mistake but also Iran's constant and relentless attacks and pressure on them even in to the extra minutes at the end. If CQ had put together either a physically or mentally weak team then surely they would not have ran so much and pressed the Qatari team so hard in to forcing them to make mistake in the last minutes of the game.

Yes, some of our strikers and playmakers were not top notch (like Taremi as usual playing like a "soosool" and going down with any soft touch) but overall I was pleased with their physical preparedness and mental toughness the credit of which should go to the coaching staff.

BTW, the team on the pitch gets its cue from the coach on the sideline. If towards the end of the game CQ had sat on the bench all calm and "professional" instead of yelling and throwing water bottle like he was you can be sure the team on the pitch would not have felt the urgency to keep pushing till the last minute. However, when the players on the pitch look at their bench and see their coach yelling and looking ready to kick a player or two off the team for good they too continue to play with a sense of urgency that makes them chase after each bal, even if it's a ball being kicked by the goalie, and the result of this diehard attitude becomes two sweet goals in the extra minutes and 3 important home points.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
nothing has changed in this team since 1979, they have ups and they have downs.

don't expect a rise to power (spain between 2008-2012) and / or fall from grace Germany (1998-2004). Always the same above average in Asia and nothing special in the world like hundreds of other nations.

but if it excites you guys to follow their football and you find it exciting and technical, hey, why not ... Enjoy !

hopefully, if you qualify for the world cup, you get Germany in your group for another 1-0 thriller loss in injury time. (that is if Germany players are all high on crystal meth)