Angry professor

Jun 18, 2005
Ok I am not exactly sure what is happening in this video. The professor was talking about math and physics and then he and the student just lose their temper?

Stupidity on display in an Iranian university.

PS: You should not be talking to your professor that way and the professor should not lose his cool like that.

Goore babaye politics, exercise some farhang in a farhangi place!

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Harki ke professor shod ke nabayad automat adam hesabesh kard...

but again in Iran everyone is a doctor and everyone is a professor I guess...

Jun 18, 2005
Harki ke professor shod ke nabayad automat adam hesabesh kard...

but again in Iran everyone is a doctor and everyone is a professor I guess...
Che mani dasht in harfat aslan? :confused:

Everyone is a doctor and everyone is a professor? :confused:

I have not witnessed this type of behavior by students here in my college. Nor by professors...

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Che mani dasht in harfat aslan? :confused:

Everyone is a doctor and everyone is a professor? :confused:

I have not witnessed this type of behavior by students here in my college. Nor by professors...
What I meant to say is that thanks to many of our 'yegheroon dozar' universities there is an abundance of PhDs in Iran if you have not noticed... AN, ghalibaf, etc...

You do not see this kinda of behaviour in your university because at your university students are probably not oppressed by the authorities(profs included) like they are in Iran.. When was the last time you were kicked in the back for wearing a sleeveless shirt?

Jun 18, 2005
What I meant to say is that thanks to many of our 'yegheroon dozar' universities there is an abundance of PhDs in Iran if you have not noticed... AN, ghalibaf, etc...

You do not see this kinda of behaviour in your university because at your university students are probably not oppressed by the authorities(profs included) like they are in Iran.. When was the last time you were kicked in the back for wearing a sleeveless shirt?
If you read the youtube comments, one of the posters claims that the professor got his degree from USA.

And from what I can see this is more like a roundtable forum gone bad. They may have very well set up the professor in this case. (The same video has been posted 20-30 times by different new members on youtube, with the same profanities posted under every video)

You can read some of the profanities written there too. Khialet rahat bashe. Some Iranian students are very opportunistic and do things like this to either get attention or stir up trouble. (When they are doing horribly in their classes)

And this fight seems to have little to do with politics or dictatorship.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
You rarely see that kind of behavior in US and European universities (that is top quality universities) because their students are rarely so stupid as to call a Professor a "dictator". There's no reason or evidence to know if the student is Hezbollahi or if the professor is Hezbollahi or if either but the student is clearly showing his "bisavadi" and at the very least his lack of understanding of the terminology he's throwing around by calling his Professor a "dictator". Does he expect his professor be elected by democratic means?! Does he expect each student in the class have equal say on all subject matters as the professor? Does he expect to insult the professor by calling him names and simply get away with it in the name of freedom of speech? What a moron and what morons supporting his insulting action.

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
You rarely see that kind of behavior in US and European universities (that is top quality universities) because their students are rarely so stupid as to call a Professor a "dictator". There's no reason or evidence to know if the student is Hezbollahi or if the professor is Hezbollahi or if either but the student is clearly showing his "bisavadi" and at the very least his lack of understanding of the terminology he's throwing around by calling his Professor a "dictator". Does he expect his professor be elected by democratic means?! Does he expect each student in the class have equal say on all subject matters as the professor? Does he expect to insult the professor by calling him names and simply get away with it in the name of freedom of speech? What a moron and what morons supporting his insulting action.
After I read this, I watched the video again to make sure I have not missed anything because I did not hear the student insult the professor..

It was only after the professor called him bishoor,kesafat, bi sharaf, and amele biganeh which is typical hezbollahi lingo that the student started reacting in a heated manner..

I suggest you view the video again and stop writing shero ver...

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
If you read the youtube comments, one of the posters claims that the professor got his degree from USA.

And from what I can see this is more like a roundtable forum gone bad. They may have very well set up the professor in this case. (The same video has been posted 20-30 times by different new members on youtube, with the same profanities posted under every video)

You can read some of the profanities written there too. Khialet rahat bashe. Some Iranian students are very opportunistic and do things like this to either get attention or stir up trouble. (When they are doing horribly in their classes)

And this fight seems to have little to do with politics or dictatorship.
If what you are saying is true and it has nothing to do with politics, Then why does the professor calls the Student "AMELE BIGANE" before the student calls him dictator??
Obviously, this has something to with politics.

Jun 18, 2005
If what you are saying is true and it has nothing to do with politics, Then why does the professor calls the Student "AMELE BIGANE" before the student calls him dictator??
Obviously, this has something to with politics.
Because the professor can not simply control his emotions and har chi dari bari az dahanesh omad goft. He pretty much lost control.

I based my comments on the initial conversation when the professor was asking the student something about math and physics? I do not know how dictatorship and politics had anything to do with math and physics.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
After I read this, I watched the video again to make sure I have not missed anything because I did not hear the student insult the professor..

It was only after the professor called him bishoor,kesafat, bi sharaf, and amele biganeh which is typical hezbollahi lingo that the student started reacting in a heated manner..

I suggest you view the video again and stop writing shero ver...
you go watch your own video again. The professor is trying to speak to the student with civility asking him "shomA reeyAzi physic A shodin..." and the student tells him "hagh nadAri ... begi" and then the Professor tells him "beshin" and the student starts yelling things back at him at the very same time (one of which I assume is a dictator which really makes the Professor lose his temper).

It's stupid to judge the professor when one can't see what the student is doing or clearly hear what the student is saying. But from what one sees and hears from the Professor it is very reasonable to assume the student is a moron and "bishakhseeyat" for engaging the Professor (and at the very least an older person) in front of other students with such tone and language. If the student was really after having a civil discussion he would have answered the Professor's simple question with a "yes or no" answer and then asked for permission to present his counter argument not to tell the professor what he has the right to say or not to say.

Jun 18, 2005
Actually the student said something that set off the professor pretty violently. The problem is that in this video you can hear the professor clearly but you can not hear the student. He is also screaming at the other end. The student also starts shouting and yelling immediately after the professor.

It is pretty pointless to do guessing or condemn one side or the other without having all the facts.

My point is that the way this video is being distributed and the comments made under some of these videos do not make me thing these fellows were on good behavior either. Or that the producers of this video would want you to condemn one side and I am not sure if their intentions are all that good.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Because the professor can not simply control his emotions and har chi dari bari az dahanesh omad goft. He pretty much lost control.

I based my comments on the initial conversation when the professor was asking the student something about math and physics? I do not know how dictatorship and politics had anything to do with math and physics.
OK, what you say is true, but you can still see that there is some sort of political tension between the student and the professor. Otherwise, you don't call someone just like that AMELE BIGANE.

Jun 18, 2005
OK, what you say is true, but you can still see that there is some sort of political tension between the student and the professor. Otherwise, you don't call someone just like that AMELE BIGANE.
Yes I suspect that you are correct and these two might have had some tension between them and that certainly came up when they got into a verbal fight.

The professor called the student "amele biganeh" and the student called the professor a "dictator". Adam mogheyi ke davash mishe intori har chi to deleshe mige dige.

And it looks like the two of them might have had more civil conversations before. He refers to the time the student comes and tells him that Khanome Shojai is not a good instructor and he tells him not to say that stuff.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
you go watch your own video again. The professor is trying to speak to the student with civility asking him "shomA reeyAzi physic A shodin..." and the student tells him "hagh nadAri ... begi" and then the Professor tells him "beshin" and the student starts yelling things back at him at the very same time (one of which I assume is a dictator which really makes the Professor lose his temper).
the prof didnt say "Riazi physic A shodin", said "F shodin" as in fail. listen carefully, he said F twice. and thats very unprofessional bc a student's mark is completely private and should not be disclosed in public infront of other students..no matter how poor the student might be at the course. the prof used it as a grudge against him to humilate him.

what happened to civilization among our ppl?! :redface:
In the centre for higher education, they talk to each other like bunch of thugs in the street ready to beat each other up.

Jun 18, 2005
the prof didnt say "Riazi physic A shodin", said "F shodin" as in fail. listen carefully, he said F twice. and thats very unprofessional bc a student's mark is completely private and should not be disclosed in public infront of other students..no matter how poor the student might be at the course. the prof used it as a grudge against him to humilate him.

In the centre for higher education, they talk to each other like bunch of thugs in the street ready to beat each other up.
He is saying A. I listened to it many times.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003

If that's what he said then I stand corrected because you're correct the Professor should not have mentioned the student's failing grade.

But that said, it does not give the student the right to call the Professor names just as it doesn’t give the Professor the right to call the student names. And more over it doesn't prove that the Professor is Hezbollahi.

I have had a professor in US at one of the highest ranked universities physically attack me for proving him wrong in the privacy of his office. I neither raised my voice against him nor even physically fought back. All I did was leave his office ASAP and filed a complaint with the department and eventually won the case against him. The Professor was anything but a Hezbollahi. At the same time I've seen and heard of Professors losing their cool in the auditorium and especially in their labs to the point of throwing stuff at the wall or at their PhD students. And never have I seen or heard the Professor being labeled as Hezbollahi. And in almost all cases the benefit of the doubt goes to the Professor if the student decides to retaliate and in almost all cases the Professor is found at fault if the student refuses to engage the angry Professor.

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
It is very hard to judge and take one side or another with the limited information and back ground we have. But in Iran universities, it is very common that they post grades on bulletin board. So, student grades are not always any secrets.
Again, I am not sure whether you can take sides in this. However one thing is clear, and that is both of them are frustrated and bi adab.