Ann Coulter's Speech in Ottawa U cancelled LOL

Oct 18, 2002
It is a pity. Her speech on Monday at University of Western Ontario was a great success - for her opponents! Her silly remark "ride a camel" looked really bad on her. But the cancellation at U of Ottawa gave her exactly what she wanted: publicity and the "victim of the violent left" card.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Idiotic comments of Coulter aside, it is ironic that the Muslim girl is offended by the words of Ann Coulter, but she is not offended when her holy book permits her husband to beat her. I bet she does not go to mosques and protest these Imams who believe and preach that women are subordinate to men. A bunch of bozos.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Here's the full Q/A where she told the student to ride a Camel.

[video=youtube;pGjB2oq9o8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGjB2oq9o8Q[/video]

I dont know man, I'm not religious at all and I defy all of the institutional religions with the same passion. but how can you stand here and defend what Ann Coulter did putting down a minority like that in front of a room full of university students, and to think that she got an applause is beyond me... I would understand this reaction coming from Nascar fans in midwest. but university students in Canada? wtf.

Forget about what religion the girl comes from and what nationality shes from (as i think that is what most people on this board are reacting to) and judge this situation objectively. What AC did here is totally uncalled for, just picture if she said the same kind of thing about blacks ... Can you even imagine the reaction she wouldve gotten? it would have probably ended her career as all her sponsors would backed away.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
You want to trash Coulter - you must do better than just playing the famous "Insult" card. When the weak gets cornered they play the insult card.
Coulter comments about riding a magic carpet was stupid - but she was pushed to make the "take a camel" comment - which I found very fuuny - and the only deserving answer to the high school level question she was asked by the Hezbollahi....i.e, If I don't have a flying carpet, what do I do?

But on the issue of Camel amd Camel Jockey - I always hated that, and consider a redneck anyone who uses it - on me and mine. I know rednecks often include us Iranians with the true camel jockies - who do exist. The fact that most Iranians never get to ride a camel - and the fact that when Iranians felt like riding an animal, they domesticated horses and have been riding them since - causes me not to be hurt but find the redneck ignorance bothersome.
This does not mean some of my hamvatans and most Arabs do not desrve the insult. You can't adjust to humanity, that is what you get.

Let me give you some examples so some of you can better relate to where the Camel Jockey thing came from. My observations - I think (I may be right - it could be older with roots in WW2) it started here in America and upon the first Americans encounters with Moslem students who came to study in US Southern states, espacially in areas where farming was the main industry. Now imagine yourself as an American kid in a typical dormitory room hearing noises as someone being raped or killed - walking into a room of 5 Moslem students with, seeing a live sheep in a bath-tub, being beheaded for Halal Meat. I would call them a lot worst than camel jockey.

Again - if anyone intends to trash Coulter, find a more intelligent issue - and if you can't ask - maybe a smarter person can find more valid subjects.

Last edited:

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
You want to trash Coulter - you must do better than just playing the famous "Insult" card. .

Masoud Jan, no one is trying to trach Coulter !!! She is a trash, you can not trash a trash . Ann Coulter is sad excuse for human being and I think a bad image for Republican. They need someone with little more brain, and much more humanity.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I am glad she didn't speak or wasn't permitted to speak here.

In calgary maybe she will (or she did) but then again calgary is the garbage city of Canada.

Where people of high IQs tend to stay at home and read while the rest of the population go to rodeo s.

based on the same principle when Netenyahu tried to speak at my university in early 2000s there was a RIOT and he was forced to run away to his hotel with his tail in between his legs.

There are idiots on both sides, right and the left (Galloway tops the bill here) and with our limited time on the planet one should be picky on who he/she wants to listen to.

Based on the same principle the educational institutions should be vigilant about whom they allow to address their students.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
You want to trash Coulter - you must do better than just playing the famous "Insult" card. When the weak gets cornered they play the insult card.
Trash Coulter? there are PLENTY of points to trash that bimbo. even a person with an average intelligence can come up with it. however, people who are below average, find themselves in agreement with her hate speech and vicious generalizations.

The weak? so you call the minorities in society the weak? and you believe they should be bullied and humiliated like that? did you forget you yourself are a minority? no wonder why you are a neo-con. you dont believe in treating under human beings with compassion, and if they dont agree with you and your way of life, you wouldn't mind bullying them into accepting.

Coulter comments about riding a magic carpet was stupid - but she was pushed to make the "take a camel" comment - which I found very fuuny - and the only deserving answer to the high school level question she was asked by the Hezbollahi....i.e, If I don't have a flying carpet, what do I do?
If you think her question was "high school level" then you must admit Coulter's original comment was elementary level. She suggested people from Middle East should use another form of transportation, such as riding a carpet, to avoid being stripped searched in the airports. Now that's the kind of comment where a 7th grade smart ass would make. What the student did here was that she turned Coulter's own stupid question back to her.

That might have been too clever for you though, that's why it went over your head like that.

This does not mean some of my hamvatans and most Arabs do not desrve the insult. You can't adjust to humanity, that is what you get.
I'm surprised at the level of your intelligence and intellect. So you think just because she said she is a moslim that she is below humanity and cannot adjust to it?

That's harsh and judgmental... but hey that's you.

I'm totally against all institutional religions as i stated before, but i would never call the people practicing it "below humanity". What is that going to do? create more problems and conflict? wouldn't that show my EXTREME arrogance just like you demonstrated here?

Let me give you some examples so some of you can better relate to where the Camel Jockey thing came from. My observations - I think (I may be right - it could be older with roots in WW2) it started here in America and upon the first Americans encounters with Moslem students who came to study in US Southern states, especially in areas where farming was the main industry. Now imagine yourself as an American kid in a typical dormitory room hearing noises as someone being raped or killed - walking into a room of 5 Moslem students with, seeing a live sheep in a bath-tub, being beheaded for Halal Meat. I would call them a lot worst than camel jockey.
so muslim students killing a sheep in their dormitory caused the rednecks to call them "camel riders"... Brilliant!!

Again - if anyone intends to trash Coulter, find a more intelligent issue - and if you can't ask - maybe a smarter person can find more valid subjects.
This is a very legitimate issue to criticize Coulter on. If you are smart, (hey here's something to debate on lol) try and find a way to intelligently defend her comments and why she stereotyped a whole race.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Just a note: No one "disrupted" Coulter's talk in Ottawa. There were a crowd of about 1000 protesters but based on police and media reports they were peaceful and no clash was reported. It was Coulter's own security team who decided to cancel it citing "security concerns". I would have thought she was used to getting heckled. This could very well be a mere publicity stunt by her.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Olbermann Shirrehh ... this was from 4 years ago ... all still true:

[video=youtube;GWo5IiyxfuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWo5IiyxfuE&feature=related[/video]

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
lool - you boys are too predictable - and still nothing......

Deerouz jaan - thanx for the clarification - in fact you may even be correct in coutler having achieved her goal. My point is that she must be trashed on certain issues - but people like the little Moslen girl who puts shit on her head (hejab) or ex espn sporscaster or some network comedians are too light weighted to be able to trash or own her with one-liners. These folks are part of a propaganda campaign that has bought it's way into America, using the mighty Dollar.

ADC - I can caldulate the exact amount of deflection on the 90th or any other floor of a 100 story building in the event of a magnitude 7 earthquake - what can you do? looool - but hey

Last edited:

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
lool - you boys are too predictable - and still nothing......
So you can't defend Coulter's comments intelligently and are only resorting to mud sliding. not surprising :)

Come back when you have something substantial to say about the issue at hand.

Just like how you couldn't defend your OWN comments in the health care thread. By the way, I'm still waiting to know how you got your point #2 in that thread. whenever you have time though ;)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
ADC - I can caldulate the exact amount of deflection on the 90th or any other floor of a 100 story building in the event of a magnitude 7 earthquake - what can you do? looool - but hey
Why are you defensive? Did I ever make a comment on your education? It was an honest question. You could tell me you were Aristotle's prize student, it wouldnt change my opinion of you lol. I just want to know what school my kids should avoid ;)