Another Akhund at the head of a major university in Iran

Oct 18, 2002
So who is this guy who have replaced Dr. Najafgholi Habibi as the head of the Allameh Tabatabaei university? I am not surprised that Dr. Habibi was removed by AN, after all he was one of the most outspoken critics and reformers within the system. Now his replacement seems to be interested in Estekbar and Maddahi only!

I am surprised that it did not make the news though.

ئيس دانشگاه علامه طباطبايي:
دشمني استكبار با ما به خاطر قرآن است، نه انرژي هسته اي

سرويس علمي- آموزشي
مراسم پاياني چهاردهمين دوره مسابقات عترت دانشجويان دانشگاه هاي تهران در دانشگاه علامه طباطبايي برگزارشد.
حجت الاسلام شريعتي، رئيس دانشگاه علامه طباطبايي در اين مراسم در سخناني، گفت: استكبار جهاني، سعي بر جدايي نسل جوان جامعه از فرهنگ و معارف قرآني دارد.
وي افزود: امروزه دنيا متوجه قرآن شده است و دشمني استكبار جهاني با جامعه اسلامي ما نه به دليل مخازن نفت، انرژي هسته اي، موقعيت جغرافيايي و استراتژيكي در منطقه، بلكه از آن است كه جامعه ما حامل قرآن و موج معارف قرآني است.
شريعتي در ادامه گفت: جامعه ما، دوباره فرهنگ قرآني را از گورستان به خانه هاي مردم آورده و محيط هاي علمي و تربيتي ما را مأنوس با فرهنگ و معارف قرآني كرده است.
گفتني است، اين مسابقات در گرايش هاي مداحي، دعاخواني، شعر، دكلمه، سخنراني و با موضوع پيامبر اكرم(ص) برگزارشد.

Oct 18, 2002
deerouz said:

گفتني است، اين مسابقات در گرايش هاي مداحي، دعاخواني، شعر، دكلمه، سخنراني برگزارشد.
That's quite a scientific competition for university students!

Jun 7, 2004
Pedar be` Pesar:

"Pesaram in che` kaari'e`; dars bekhaan, darseto vel nakon ke` oonvaght hichi nemishi-aa!

Pesar be` Pedar:

"Negaraan nabaash, ra'ise` hame`ye oonhaayi ke` dars mikhaanand mishavam, ra'ise` daaneshgaah mishavam."

Migi na` Ra'is daaneshgaah Tehran, va... raa negaah kon.

What do you expect of the guy who got his PhD in less than a year and insists on being called Dr. too?

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
it seems they're running out of positions to give to these mordeh khor good for nothing akhoonds, they are now moving to universities and soon we'll have akhoond flight attendants.

Agent Smith

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
ئيس دانشگاه علامه طباطبايي:
دشمني استكبار با ما به خاطر قرآن است، نه انرژي هسته اي

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Let see if those students from Office for Consolidation for Unity, mainly Abdullah Momeni, Akbar Etri, Reza Delbari, Ali Afshari, and a few more like them who coul not find any wall shorter than Khatami's for running their mouths are even slightly show a fraction of their courage!! to raise a finger of opposition now, Not!.
Now, that it is the time to stand up against religious fascism, they all have crawled into their holes. And oh yes, they have along with Mohammad Maleki, Zarafshan, and Sazgara issued another call to referendum, what a buch of back stabbing idiots, only in their imgination. They behaved against Mr Khatami very much like Tudeh party behaved against Dr Mosaddegh and with all their lecture of democracy did not learn a simple lesson from history. Just a gang of intelectuals wanna be who missed the Jungle because of trees.
What a disaster and the longer people wait the worse and costly it gets..

As Khomeini needed Hostage Crisis and Iran-Iraq war to consolidate his power AN and Neo-thugs need another war to consolidate theirs.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Samad Agha be Daaneshgaah miravad ta dars bekhaanad vali mikonanesh Rae'is.
Joonam behetoon begeh "Chi fekr mikardim o chi shod " and it hurts too.

Oct 18, 2002
But you know, he is right on this point:

شريعتي در ادامه گفت: جامعه ما، دوباره فرهنگ قرآني را از گورستان به خانه هاي مردم آورده

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
deerouz said:
But you know, he is right on this point:

شريعتي در ادامه گفت: جامعه ما، دوباره فرهنگ قرآني را از گورستان به خانه هاي مردم آورده
True!!
But in exchange " Mardom rA be goorestanhA ferestAteand "

Oct 18, 2002
Motori said:
True!!
موتوری جان

دیگه گورستان و خونه مردم فرقی نداره که. هر دو یکی شده بابام جان

;)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Motori said:
True!!
LOOL!!!good one!!!

well not that Alame Tabatabayee is a good uni but still seeing such a moron as the President of Uni is pretty sad..:confused:

btw, have u guys noticed we have so many akhounds/officials in chage(in AN's era) with the same family name as ppl in charge during Rev?!!
Shariati, Chamran,etc..their damn grandchildren are in power now!!

Oct 18, 2002
As far as I know Allameh Tabatabaei university is the best social science school in Iran after Tehran university, and in some departments it even beats Tehran.

This is a collection of independent specialized colleges that existed in Tehran before revolution, that were merged into one big university after 1979. Some of them were Madreseh Aali Tarjomeh, Madreseh AAli Bazargani and Madreseh Bimeh and Bankdari.

Last edited:

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
mowj said:
Now, that it is the time to stand up against religious fascism, they all have crawled into their holes.
Welll, I think the betrayal by Khatami and his group poisoned the fighting spirit of our students and made our university students so indifferent toward politics.
The environment of apathy in our universities is direct result of empty promises made By Mr.Khatami and the savage killings that happened on that doomed day.

AN and his group are just profiting from this environment (which was staged by the reformists) to accomplish their goals.

Thanks Mr.Khatami

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
shahinc said:
Welll, I think the betrayal by Khatami and his group poisoned the fighting spirit of our students and made our university students so indifferent toward politics.
The environment of apathy in our universities is direct result of empty promises made By Mr.Khatami and the savage killings that happened on that doomed day.

AN and his group are just profiting from this environment (which was staged by the reformists) to accomplish their goals.

Thanks Mr.Khatami
Not quite, these students were bunch of coward who took advantage of Khatami's patient and manner to raised their voice against him for recognition and three of them since AN have left the country and the few others are in the process. This particular gang also after a simple arrests exposed and said whatever they were asked to declare before journalists and Seda-va Sima.
My point is if you can't stand the kitchen heat get out of it. They are as abusive and as opportunists as AN and Neo-thugs are. As I said before, they turned out to be Tudeh party of our time.
As far as Khatami is concerned he was president and not the opposition leader and he did some good in general but far more work still needed to be done before a final push for a democratic society (probably with Dr Moin).
The question is what was their alternative, Referendum!! what a laugh. But hopefully next time they will be more humble than consider themselves guardians of people like the GC is doing now and refuse to blow in the horn of boycott because the religous fascists provided the horn for them, as it was provided for Ganji, Zarafshan, and AmirEntezam in vacation after vacation from jail to keep boycott heat going.
Where are they now? Why the do not even pronounce the name AN in their talk any more?
Khatami's path might not have been the ideal way as people wish, but it was the most effective yet which were sabotaged as much by religious fascists as by these few self-appointed student leaders with the loud speakers donated by religious right.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
mowj said:
Not quite, these students were bunch of coward who took advantage of Khatami's patient and manner to raised their voice against him for recognition and three of them since AN have left the country and the few others are in the process.
quote]

Mowj Jan, I am not going to argue with you on this issue because I think we both feel very strongely on this. However, the same students who you call coward were one of the main reasons behind the success of the reform and Mr.Khatami.

But ( for good or bad) the reform movement and khatami and his group, can dream about the students support again. This is a expensive price for reform to pay ( which they have paied already in presidential election).

I can promiss you that if they do not find a way to win the heart of these students back, they should kiss a victory in next ecelctions goodbye.

The secret to success of reform party was to stay close and in touch with our universities and the demand of our young and educated generation. They failed to do so and we see the result.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
shahinc said:
mowj said:
Not quite, these students were bunch of coward who took advantage of Khatami's patient and manner to raised their voice against him for recognition and three of them since AN have left the country and the few others are in the process.
quote]

Mowj Jan, I am not going to argue with you on this issue because I think we both feel very strongely on this. However, the same students who you call coward were one of the main reasons behind the success of the reform and Mr.Khatami.

But ( for good or bad) the reform movement and khatami and his group, can dream about the students support again. This is a expensive price for reform to pay ( which they have paied already in presidential election).

I can promiss you that if they do not find a way to win the heart of these students back, they should kiss a victory in next ecelctions goodbye.

The secret to success of reform party was to stay close and in touch with our universities and the demand of our young and educated generation. They failed to do so and we see the result.
Shahinc jAn, I am not talking about students in general but some of their leaders whom I named basically. Otherwise, the previous leaders like Saeed Razavi-Faghih, Majidi, KahAlzadeh, and ... were the ones truely helped Khatami into office and supported him throughout. But once the leadership changed during the second term of Khatami to that group (and not all but those hadful), despite the former leadership warning the new comers about the consequences of their boycott and their untimely slogans (like Referendum), they never listened but intensified their call for boycott. And now three of them have left and the few remaining are about to. Those named students along with ZeidAbadi, Zarafshan, AMi-Entezam, Maleki, and Ganji danced with the music the militarists religious fascist were playing and planned for (as I said even look at how Mortazavi was issueing them vacation before selection/election) since day one.
The question is simple, are people better off with AN's militarists camp or with Dr Moeen. Most people are cursing the boycott now.
Anyway, they played the exact role Tudeh party and Kashani played in weakening Dr Mosaddegh's government and the coming of dictators. They behavoed like they never had read the history.
I think nobody denies that we have a much harder raod ahead of us compare to if Moeen was in the office. Calling for referendum in a an announcement is child play but engineering a process for democracy is what differentiate men (Khatami) from boys, and I mean even Hajjarian, Abdi and likes.
As I have said I don't know what now other than a revolution and for that people are too worn out and tired, so we just have to awaits blind uncontrolled uprisings and god forbid civil war and disintegration of the country.

Last edited:

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
mowj said:
Those named students along with ZeidAbadi, Zarafshan, AMi-Entezam, Maleki, and Ganji danced with the music the militarists religious fascist were playing and planned for (as I said even look at how Mortazavi was issueing them vacation before selection/election) since day one.
[FONT=&quot]You considered that dancing with the music of militarists group and I (and many more of those students) call it saying no to a system of empty promises[/FONT]
mowj said:
The question is simple, are people better off with AN's militarists camp or with Dr Moeen. Most people are cursing the boycott now.
This election proved the points made by Ganji, ZeidAbadi, Zarafshan, AMi-Entezam, Maleki that the current constitution and GC is taking away freedom and any chance of constructive reform from Iran. (Disqualifying candidates that we saw for Majles and presidential election is one example).

Also, the boycott send a message to the reform party that in order to have support of educated class of Iran, you need to offer more than a promises and stop making superficial changes ( girls holding hand and allowing tang and golgoli mantos and fancy coffee shops) and try to fix the main problem.

Khatami and reform can come back to power if they manage to get the students in their side in next 4 years. In order to do that, they need to come up with a more fundamental plan and strategy on how they are going to make changes and how they are going to overcome the barriers which are enforced by constitution and GC.

If not, and they decided to play their old music, I can see AN and his group in power for a long time.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
shahinc said:
[FONT=&quot]You considered that dancing with the music of militarists group and I (and many more of those students) call it saying no to a system of empty promises[/FONT]

This election proved the points made by Ganji, ZeidAbadi, Zarafshan, AMi-Entezam, Maleki that the current constitution and GC is taking away freedom and any chance of constructive reform from Iran. (Disqualifying candidates that we saw for Majles and presidential election is one example).

Also, the boycott send a message to the reform party that in order to have support of educated class of Iran, you need to offer more than a promises and stop making superficial changes ( girls holding hand and allowing tang and golgoli mantos and fancy coffee shops) and try to fix the main problem.

Khatami and reform can come back to power if they manage to get the students in their side in next 4 years. In order to do that, they need to come up with a more fundamental plan and strategy on how they are going to make changes and how they are going to overcome the barriers which are enforced by constitution and GC.

If not, and they decided to play their old music, I can see AN and his group in power for a long time.
The question is not that this regim is legitimate but how could have been disposed of best with least cost to arrive at a democratic and even secular regim.
Those so called activists did not proved anyhting but their own stupidity to be allowed to be toyed with right before selection/election, and yes dancing the tunes played for them by militarists religious fascists with a free from jail card, at opportune time and once they did their service, they were taken back to jail and some like Ganji is rotting away in the prison and it seems even students wont bother with him anymore. If not ultimate stupidity, it is a gross political miscalculation (similar to Tudeh and Kashani in 1951-1952) and day dreaming of another revolution similar to 1357, no matter how necessary such a move is now with AN in power but that is just a wishful thinking. But what a great another step it could have been taken by the people if it were not for subliminal cooperation of militarists religious fascists and the so called some of these activists who were more after a name (students) than real change. Anyway, the MKO tried their approach and unlike these group they put their money where their mouth is in early 1350's and experienced the consequences as well. These group wont even tolerate a week of prison without coming out on TV to show their deep redemption (ALi Afshari and the rest).
And again, it is Khatami, Freedom Movement, and Melli-Mazhabi to work their butt off for the mistake of misguided group.
I don't think anyone inside and ouside will equate activity under Dr Moeen's government with that of AN, MOhammadiPour, and Ejheie.
But, yahoo, they called for another referendum two days ago. what a joke that one is.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
But Mowj jan, I amnot sure Dr. Moeen had any specific strategy for advancing reforms in Iran if he had been elected. What exactly could he do where Khatami couldn't? The hardliners did not give the reformists any room even when they had the parliament.