Any good calling cards for Iran?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
If you call Tehran Magic is the best but for other cities they are the worst. They are even giving out an eidi card for free for a 30 minutes to Tehran if you buy a $5 card.

Apr 10, 2003
If you call Tehran Magic is the best but for other cities they are the worst. They are even giving out an eidi card for free for a 30 minutes to Tehran if you buy a $5 card.
thanks Zob Jan. is there a website or I need to get it from Iranian grocery shop?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
dont know about phone cards but we use Startec. Its a great phone company that u can directly call Iran using ur own home phone(or cell phone) and they'll send you a bill. Their rates are good and its pretty convenient. but u can compare and 30 which one u prefer:

http://www.startec.com/US/EN/default.jsp

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Ditto on Startec. Voice quality is spotty though. It can sound like they are next door to totally unusable. The time of day matters a lot. Try to call when most people are in bed(here, not there!)

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
I use Skype call for calling anywhere abroad

It's not cheap (0.13 cents /m) but good for quick calls right from your mobile phone

If you add the Iran number to your Skype ,it gives you a US number which you can call and use your free mins so it works without having Internet as well
So smart

Apr 10, 2003
Thank you all for the pointers. I have Vonage, but calls to Iran still is expensive. It is 17 Cents a minute. Sometime use Skype too to land line. You know how it is for new year, I have to phone to all my cousins , khaleh and Ameh and it adds up. I will try all your suggestions to see which one is better as there is no shortage of telephone calls.

Ali jan do I hear this right that you are in US now? any plan to come to Seattle so maybe we can meet up and have a pint and lunch.

Cyrus