Any ISP members in Athens!?

Aug 3, 2004
GA,

You have no idea how much I envy you. I will be going there myself next month. I can't wait.

Eat a souvlaki or two for me! Go to the Panathinaikos stadium on Alexandras Avenue and visit the museum. I soooooooooooooooo envy you man.
Yes, Behrouz jan, you're right it's an amazing place. The people, natural beauty, ancient history, girls and of course the food are all just beautiful. After reading your post I ordered a chicken souvlaki. Boy, that was something! :)
Enjoy your time next month, and allocate at least two days to explore, on foot, the center of Atehns, including Psiri, Plaka and all the areas surrounding acropolis.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
GA jaan,
Try the pork gyro. My record is 9 in one sitting. I got into a competition with a friend once, I was young and foolish!

I know those areas very very well. Go to Monastiraki too. I have many friends shop owners there. If you get a chance get on the Metro and go to the north suburb of Kifisia. It's my spiritual home. A bus ride further north and you are in Ekali which is where the rich and the famous live, the Beverley Hills of Athens.

Fantastic City, and don't forget Panathinaikos ;)

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
GA jaan,
Try the pork gyro. My record is 9 in one sitting. I got into a competition with a friend once, I was young and foolish!

I know those areas very very well. Go to Monastiraki too. I have many friends shop owners there. If you get a chance get on the Metro and go to the north suburb of Kifisia. It's my spiritual home. A bus ride further north and you are in Ekali which is where the rich and the famous live, the Beverley Hills of Athens.

9???????????????????????????????

jesus....how??

Aug 3, 2004
GA jaan,

Dude, you're from here! ;)
Ok, I'll try next one too.
Also check your pm.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
9???????????????????????????????

jesus....how??
I met a very nice Greek girl years ago :) She was my girlfriend for 5 years and she used to take me home every summer and some holidays. I stayed with her family in the summers and I saw lots and lots of Greece. Her family were very good to me too. All were Panathinaikos fans. I went to some of their matches and it was incredible.

Olympiakos are a disgrace. They have won 10 of the last 11 Greek league titles in the most crooked way imaginable. The scandals in recent years about referees getting paid by Kokalis (the Oly president) can only be hushed like that in Greece. You see Kokalis has some top politicians and judges in his pocket because he is extremely powerful. But Olympiakos have been getting their just deserts in Europe. 10 years in a row of CL automatic qualification to group stages and they have never won a match away from home. They have only once qualified out of the group stages. The 7-0 thrashing by the Juve reserves in 2004 will never be forgotten :p I guess this is what happens when you pay your way to the top of your domestic league. I have no sympathy. Every year, one of my endless laughs and amusements is seeing Olympiakos get dumped out of CL, losing to such giants and Herenveen, Molde, Maccabi, and Rosenborg which at the time were relegating from the Norwegian league :D

Panathinaikos has at least reached the final once and a couple of semis too, most notably in 96. More recently they had an impressive run to the quarters where they narrowly lost to Barcelona, after missing a hatful of chances at the Nou Camp.

Anyhow, Panathinaikos is a great big mess at the moment but they will be back.