Any Q7, X5 or ML350 owners here?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
One more to consider is the Cadillac Escalade but the Lincoln's and Cadillac's are not cheap my friend but both have nice interior designs and as CM pointed out ya they are gas guzzlers but you can't beat the comfort and style I am going with a 23500 Ram Cummins v8Diesel) pre owned myself when I have the funds but I am more of a truck guy. If you don't care about the gas then for sure go American. Even the gas powered SUV's because Ford and Chevy engines go for 200k. Ford Explorer and Chevy Blazer would be the alternatives but get the luxury models not the standard package. IF you want to go bigger you can go Suburban or Expedition. My friend had a Ford Expo traded it in for his F150 but the silly wabbit got the wrong one new. He should have gotten a diesel model like I told him get a pre owned 250 but what can you do? You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink.

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Arent engines and transmissions covered up to 60K or 5 years under warranty?

BT jaan I have owend 2 BMW's and a VW and some Japanese cars..... Stay away from buying a German car... Once it starts costing you with maintancea and fixing it you will be crying.. Oil changes are like a $150.. Break jobs are like $450 to $550... God forbid anything with engine or transmission or all the elctric stuff that could go wrong.. The only way you can survive this and have a good time is just to lease them and toss them away.. As indicated Volkswagen Touareg is a good choice too both for being reliable new and the price tag..
The car was over 5 years old (it was 7 years old) but had only 40K miles on it. (the warranty states whichever occurs 1st). The BMW dealership wanted $11K to replace it. I took it to this guy who put a rebuilt tran in it for $6800.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
if you are going for the suv because you need more room or comfort.

go with a freaking American SUV. they just know how to make them. yes they are gas guzzlers, but apparently that's not an issue.

There is plenty of them around and parts are not an issues and thus maintenance is not an issue.
I like the Ford Edge.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Ostad Pooya jan, actually you can get the extended warranty. On the 2015 Camry, (my dad will hand it down to me so I can save up for my truck), I have 100,000 miles on it. Kia and Hyundai also offer 100K/10 year warranties so it si better than you think Ostad jan. So BT jan, if you do not care about gas and are not that crazy about Diesel I narrowed it down to a couple of options luxury American vs non Luxury American vs Luxury German
Luxury German either go with the Audi Q5 TDI or the Q7, the Q5 almost new is <50K and you get 24/31 MPG, pretty stylish.
Luxury American- Lincoln Navigator/Cadillac Escalade
American -Ford Expedition/Explorer or Chevy Suburban/Blazer.

Most Ford and Chevy SUV's, even gas wll get you 200k before it breaks down. Must trucks get you about 170 so that is why for trucks, it is imperative you get Diesel. That is why I am going with the Ram 2500 Cummin's V Diesel and take tha tbad boy off road and to ski trips in Utah(next state over, our neighbors), SLC8 hrs away and Brian Head(only 4hrs away)have some killer slopes and you can shred like crazy. I also want to get a boat one day and would like to toe it, go fishing, camping, thigns like that. Although I am a good shooter, i am against HUNTING but I would not be opposted to building an AR 15 and taking that out to the desert, for target practice. Anyways, if you are not into that stuff and you do not want a big truck, then stick with those options my friend. Take a test drive on each of those models, see which one you like the best.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah I have elderly family who have trouble getting in and out of a sedan due to joint issues.. It's better if the seats are higher. I'm not a fan of SUVs myself at all, so I might buy myself something else in the future. This is more for khanoom.
I can see why you do not want the Dodge Charger then and prefer the SUV. BTW you might also want to take a look into the Dodge Challenger, to me, it is a step up from the Charger. Plus, being a Raider fan, I never quite liked the name.(If you are not an American football fan then you would not understand the joke). So which one are you leaning to now?Like I said before and I will say it again, TEST DRIVE YOUR TOP THREE. You can read all of the reviews you want but YOU are going to be driving that SUV for at least the next 5 year or more. You want to be happy with what you get. Those options I listed on American and German are all good. I think German SUV's are a bit more stilish but American car companies really improved in last 20 years so do not be afraid to buy American. I think Amercan SUV's are made more for comfort and stupid soccer mom's. haha

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Don't go for ML .. but the other two are fine.

You are leasing so who cares ... buy what you like when you test-drive them.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Behrouz C, that is interesting and I alwaywas thought the arrogant d*cks were the BMW X5 or just BMW drivers. It seems like guys who like to cheat on their significant other, tend to drive Audi's and I had more than one girl point that out to me. It seems like the arrogant d*cks drive BMW's(hell I know what I am talking about I went to high school in La Crescenta aka North Glendale). There were not as many Armenians in La Crescenta as tere were in Glendale but they were all pretty dam arrogant and most of them were BMW drivers. Of course the way they get the BMW is their parents will bring mommy and daddy from Yeravan, stick them in a room and collect on their SS checks. Dud bro BMW bro ara inch look at me, I smoke my cigarettes in my $50,000 BMW bro because I am cool like that. I will run red lights because I am a BMW owner. To me the arrogant di*ks are the X5 owners not the Q7. I am not trying to hate on Armenians because not all of them are like that but man some of them are really bad. Oh and just look at them and they will want to fight you because they think they are tough. That is why I got turned off on BMW's.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Alright. I'm now leaning more towards Infiniti FX35. I like the very mean look of the car and the big wheels. The interior is fairly decent too. Plus it's an Infiniti (Nissan) so it probably won't leave me crying when it comes to maintenance.

I now realize just how blessed Acura and Honda owners are when it comes to maintenance costs.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
They are actually very lady like SUVs. probably not a bad choice.

I just don't like Nissans CVR Transmission's sound. but apparently all car makers are moving toward that technology.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
They are actually very lady like SUVs. probably not a bad choice.

I just don't like Nissans CVR Transmission's sound. but apparently all car makers are moving toward that technology.
True but overall I think the Infinity FX 35 is not a bad choice for BT. He will not be crying, when he takes it o the mechanic. Apparently you are right, most car makers are moving toward the technology. BTW some are calling it CVT. Apparently it has problems, and it overheats once you get into the 6th gear. Now this is on a Maxima but it is on all of their models. [video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0SO80KkLGxXQk4AAExXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyO GZuanJiBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjIzNzBfMQRzZWM Dc2M-?p=Nissan+CVR+Transmittion+Sound+Problems&fr=yfp-t#id=1&vid=47d830252b37005ea50eaf8e85dd8a04&action=view[/video]

I am not a fan of it as well but it looks like we are heading in that direction and it is not just with Nissan.

Oh and as far as design goes, I like the designs on the Infinity models vs the Lexus Rx models(those things look like an large egg.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Bought the FX.

What a crazy crossover. Feels more like a luxurious race car! LOL! It's beautiful.

Mobarak bash, I am so happy for you my friend. You picked a nice car and yes, the Infinity FX drives more like a luxurious race car. Enjoy your new ride my friend, you deserve it. I hope, if all goes well, in 5-7 years, I can save up for my truck. May I ask what year is it? Did you buy it new or used? In any case, once again, I am happy for you. I like the fact that you pick the on your leather, smart move because black heats up quick.y.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Sherwin it's a 2012 with about 50K miles on it. Drives and feels like new. Poor bastard who bought it new paid around $70K Canadian for it (after all the taxes and bullshit fees). I bought it for under $20K :)

I could sell it today for around $30K, but hey I won't find another one like it.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Sherwin it's a 2012 with about 50K miles on it. Drives and feels like new. Poor bastard who bought it new paid around $70K Canadian for it. I bought it for under $20K :)
NICE! Dude you cannot even buy a freaking Toyota Camry LE for under 20K new. Smart move, like I said before, "Use the other guy's insecurity to your advantage." You do not need to be the first guy on the block, with a new car and 2012/50,000 miles is not bad. You should be closer to 60,000(15,000 mi average). I also know Canada's currency is about what $16,000 US. I am not going to be so lucky, the Truck I am looking at new is 60,000 US but they are popular so if you want to get one 3-4 years old, you are still going to fork over 30K. That is why I am saying 5-7 years.

Smart move my friend and job well done, mobarak bash. If you take care of your car, your car will take care of you. Even if it is not diesel, you should have another 150,000 miles left, easily. Most cars will hit the 200,000 mile mark. That should not even be the benchmark anymore, it should be 250,000. You could make a 10K profit but just keep the car. You are not going to find another deal like that. That is the best thing you can do, maybe I can get a steal for my truck for 25k. You find someone desperate who can't afford to pay for the pink slip. Then, you take them to the cleaners job well done haha.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Mobareke. az oon $1000 ke mibari mitooni shirinisho bemoon bedi.:)
White looks good on that car.
Thanks :) I'm a sucker for white. Never had beige interior and know it's susceptible to stains, but will try to keep it clean :)

As for the $1000, there is absolutely no way I will win that thing. It's just written in my destiny to never win shit!