Anyone following any WCQ games today from Europe and Americas?

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Any good games today guys? Its a huge WCQ day and many good matches seem to be taking place. I think the Jamaica-USA should be a good one tonight. Also some S.A games which can definitely have the team playing Iran in the playoffs!!!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
3 matches for me tonight. :)

My schedule is as follows:

Montenegro vs Ukraine

Portugal vs Russia

Argentina vs Colombia

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The Jamiaca-USA should be good too. In terms of teams being close and needing points that is. So very important game.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Indeed very tough and tight group. These games are very exciting as well and teams play good. Maybe not as good as S.A and Europe but definitely very competitive.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Indeed very tough and tight group. These games are very exciting as well and teams play good. Maybe not as good as S.A and Europe but definitely very competitive.
It used to be a given that Mexico & USA easily top the group and others fight for 3rd & 4th. but not this time so far.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
HT

Montenegro 0 Ukraine 0

some very good saves by both keepers in this game.

Before this game i had a chance to watch the 2nd half of Latvia vs Bosnia match. what a great away win by Bosnia.they won by 5-0 and are now 6 points clear of Greece and in good position to win the group and qualify directly to WC. Bosnia has some top players in Dzeko (Man City) and Begovic (a very good keeper at Stoke).

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I still can't believe Montenegro's leading that group. This may actually end up being their 1st WC ever. Always good to see some fresh faces in the WC. :)

They need to beat Ukraine though if they want to qualify ahead of England.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Some real weird results in progress:

Scotland beating Croatia, Belgium beating Serbia, Austria beating Sweden, Albania beating Norway!

If Poland can't beat Moldova, they can say bye bye to the WC.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Going from bad to worse for Montenegro, they just got a red - I really jinxed them! :(

Holy crap, that was the third red card in the game! Montenegro playing with 9, Ukraine playing with 10!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
4-0! Ukranians just walking in at this point and taking shooting and chipping practice!

FT Montenegro 0 - Ukraine 4

Ukraine move 1 point behind England (12 points) and 3 points behind Montenegro (14 points, having played one more game). Moldova-Poland ended 1-1, so Poland's in 4th place with 6 games and 9 points. they still have to play all the 3 teams in front of them, so it's not looking too good for them.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Well , that was a fun match to watch. Ukraine taking Montenegro to cleaners in the 2nd half with 4 goals.England can top the group with a win over Moldova.Ukraine vs England will be a juicy one.

Switching to Portugal vs Russia now.it's 1-0 for Portugal at HT. his could be Russia's first defeat as they have won all of their 4 previous matches.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Got to watch the second half of Czeck Italia... Balotelli is such a fucking idiot. Buffon still got it good. ....