Anyone remember Ivan Matković?

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
I have this fight with niloo on another thread which was CLOSED bravely by niloo due lack of reasonable answers by her so im asking and begging for some help about Ivan Matković. the former perspolis coach during ali abedini back in 1998.

Baically,Ivan Matković was appointed by abedini and he had one the shortest shelf-lives among kHAREJI coaches in iran which didnt last more than 5 months.
Perspolis used to play the s**** football under Matcovic .I still remember the time when ali abedini used to sit on the bench himself and giving orders etc and Matcovic was a shy croat who wasted 5 months of perspolis and their money and was chucked out in less than 5-6 month due to his terrible coaching and mismanagement .

Niloo( the well known member) claiming that during Matcovic era,perspolis used to play DECENT football and she praise his work in perspolis .
I was trying to convince her by saying all the truth and facts about Matcovic era since niloo jan was only 15 years old at that time and when you are young and not well experienced your opinions might be not that valid .I respect her thought and opinions but as we ll know,there are loads of younger members here aged 16+ who have no idea about that era and they may consider niloo's opinions as FACTS thats why i tried to clear the air but SURPRISINGLY the thread was closed by niloo after her last reply since she knows how to use that BUTTON.
i WAS NAMED an oldie 45+ who used to play prince of persia while niloo jan was 15 and was successfully shining in iran's football and as a member i loved the way she treated me as part of the management team at ISP.:cheers::cheers:

As an oldie( 45+) who has loads of skills in computer games loool I STILL believe that Matcovic did an awful job despite the fact he was quite famous in Croatia but couldnt use his skills!!! in perspolis.

Im just trying to ask other red members here to back me up or infact prove me that im wrong and as niloo said perspolis played DECENT football in that time.

chakeram

Jul 8, 2007
Whats wrong with that dude? Loosen up.

Internet mahdekoodak ke nist.
nothing's wrong with that. i just think a 45 year shouldn't waste time arguing with someone half his age then be threatened to get banned. and i don't think message boards (especially such as this) are suited for elderly. i mean when i'm 24-25 and up, i don't think i'll be posting in message boards period.

Jun 18, 2005
nothing's wrong with that. i just think a 45 year shouldn't waste time arguing with someone half his age then be threatened to get banned. and i don't think message boards (especially such as this) are suited for elderly. i mean when i'm 24-25 and up, i don't think i'll be posting in message boards period.
Well what you think could be different from what others think. Internet forums like this are both for the young and elderly. I personally know several 40+ members who post on forums. I enjoy reading their posts and do learn from them.

If you think that message boards are for U 25...then that may reflect something on your own posts. :shake:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
It all depends if you are feeling your age.
I think age is completely unrelated to how you choose to conduct discourse with other people who have the same ineterests. We are all here because we share an interest in Iran and in Iranian football.
Internet forums are a great place for people to meet and talk and learn from people they wouldn't have met under normal circumstances. It's for all ages, and is fast becoming the way of the future.