Are you kidding me!?! No wonder he is so hesitant to leave his line!!!

Nov 24, 2002
So what?

LOL it even looks funny when you put Rahmati's name next to Abedzadeh's, whats even funnier then that is that a keeper like Mirzapour only got 4 caps less then Rahmati. So i guess based on your idea of looking at it. The difference between Rahmati and Mirzapour is a measly 4 caps, while BETTER yet, the difference between mighty Mirzapour and legend Abedzadeh is only 6 caps. Your right, there's so much "logic" there, i can barely even handle it. So to answer your question, yes, a joke like Rahmati and Mirzapour can get 70+ caps due to the rubbish quality of goalkeepers available in Iran.

Not true at all, i have been a critic of Rahmati when he has been poor & i have supported him when he has done well. Like i mentioned in my previous post. He has not evolved as a keeper since his "rise" and so called consistent period. He is 31 years old, he is meant to get better (maybe even in his prime right now), yet he is only getting worse. We have already seen the best of Rahmati, and that was in the 2010 World Cup Qualifier, period. He has not improved, nor even showcased anything near that form.

Yes it certainly is, i don't care about what other people are hating him for. But me personally, it definitely is on a technical level.

See, you keep bringing up the fact that he has 80 caps (which is wrong, he has 77 caps) as if he is entitled to a certain right within Team Melli. I don't care if he has 250 caps or whatever. In fact, it just makes whatever he did even worse. The fact that he is a "veteran" and has 77 caps, you would think you could expect more from a player of his experience.

Hashemian returned under a different coach, under a different head of IFF, under a new team. Ivankovic didn't have anything against Hashemian did he? At least Hashemian was man enough to come out in public and say WHY he left TM. Like Mashdi pointed out, didn't Rahmati claim he would give his reasons for leaving TM after the World Cup qualifiers? Well, where are they?? Ohh that's right, his plan of being begged back to Team Melli backfired, Iran went on to keeping 3 clean sheets and qualifying for the World Cup.

On top of all that, Hashemian was making a case for himself in the Bundesliga to be recalled and given another chance. Are you seeing Rahmati even remotely making a case for himself to even show Queiroz and the Iranian public that we are missing out on his presence in TM? Cause i don't think he is. Like i said, keepers like Makani and Laak even have stronger cases for that spot to Brazil then Rahmati does. Team Melli does not owe Rahmati anything so stop bringing up his number of caps as if that entitles him to a ticket to Brazil.

The only logic is this, Rahmati disrespected Queiroz, so under the era of Queiroz you will not be seeing Rahmati. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Team discipline is one of the most important elements of structure and organization when setting up a team. It starts and ends with the head coach. It sets the tone for the team over the course of Queiroz's stay. It determines the success or lack thereof in competitions. It can make solving problems easy and it can help you avoid other problems altogether (like the situation we had in 2006 World Cup). Coaches all desire strong team discipline, it can come down to little things even. I guarantee you that every single TM player knew Queiroz's policy or would have been told by Queiroz himself at some stage. So Rahmati and Aghili knew this policy up front, , when an athlete speaks out against the coach, what do you expect the coach to do? Oh that's ok Mr. Rahmati you have 77 caps in TM, ill let you remain. Queiroz has established respect and credibility and he will never budge. But wait aghaye Rahmati has 77 caps......

I think the actions taken out against Rahmati and Aghili seem so severe to some members because in TM they are not used to professionalism. Even Branko, he was the bitch of his own players, he couldn't even control his own dressing room let alone lead Team Melli.

Rahmati and Aghili's little stunt to be begged back would have worked under any Iranian coach, but not under someone like Queiroz who understands the chaos it could create if he does not continue to follow his strict team policy. Maybe if what Aghili and Rahmati did was on club level, there would be a punishment, then a return. But this is International football, there is a massive pool of players to pick from, and like i mentioned previously. A coach, like Queiroz himself, will pick the best "athletes" possible, and that includes attitude and mentality my friend.
dude don't make non sens excuse , at least not for me ,
what hashemian did was as bad as what rahmati and aghili did , he made name of himself in bundesliga is BS excuse and has nothing to do with what he did ! he REFUSED to play for TM va ba koli mennato menat keshi taze dobare ovordanesh ..

I put rahmati name next to abdezadeh YES ! because simply he was the most consistent goalie iran had since abedzadeh , is he going through tough time lately , yes no secret . but so what , every player has up and down in his career ...

you make me laugh you question 80 caps , I said ALMOST 80 . which is what you said : 77 ! dude why you reply just for sake of it and write a TOOMAR !LOL

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Mahbod jan Hashemian had every right to refuse to play for Iran after the way they treated him in Asian 2000 , he had just broken into starting 11 in Bochum and went for the Asian cup for about a month , and didn't even play for one minute , he returned to Germany pissed off ,only to find he had lost his positin in Bochum too , now go look for the orange seller !

Nov 24, 2002
Mahbod jan Hashemian had every right to refuse to play for Iran after the way they treated him in Asian 2000 , he had just broken into starting 11 in Bochum and went for the Asian cup for about a month , and didn't even play for one minute , he returned to Germany pissed off ,only to find he had lost his positin in Bochum too , now go look for the orange seller !
this is another NON SENS

just because a player made it to starting 11 for his club in BUNDESLIGA II that should guarantee him spot in TM ? GIVE ME A BREAK!
this is like saying lets start shojaei because he play in LA LIGA II .

dude please don't say these things to me ...
THIS IS SAME SITUATION .. all 3 players turned their back to national team taze vahido ba salamo salavato mennat keshi dobare ovordan .

for me all 3 behaviors is SAME , deserved punishment and I have nothing against CQ punishment , I just don't want people judge rahmati because of what he did off field ! which sadly is not the case !!!

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
dude don't make non sens excuse , at least not for me
The only one making nonsense excuses seems to be you bud, your perserverance over Rahmati makes you sound like your his pesar khale trying to defend the honour of the Rahmati name.

what hashemian did was as bad as what rahmati and aghili did , he made name of himself in bundesliga is BS excuse and has nothing to do with what he did ! he REFUSED to play for TM va ba koli mennato menat keshi taze dobare ovordanesh ..
I wasn't making an excuse, stop jumping to your own conclusions.

Hashemian returned under completely new management. I am sure that if Rahmati in the future makes a case for himself once we have a new coach in charge of TM that he hasn't disrespected in public media he will be looked at once again. Until then, what you are expecting is for a professional coach like Queiroz to throw out his principles out of the window because Rahmati ALMOST has 80 caps lol.

I put rahmati name next to abdezadeh YES !
That's your opinion.

you make me laugh
I am glad, because you also make me laugh.

Cheers

Nov 24, 2002
The only one making nonsense excuses seems to be you bud, your perserverance over Rahmati makes you sound like your his pesar khale trying to defend the honour of the Rahmati name.

I wasn't making an excuse, stop jumping to your own conclusions.

Hashemian returned under completely new management. I am sure that if Rahmati in the future makes a case for himself once we have a new coach in charge of TM that he hasn't disrespected in public media he will be looked at once again. Until then, what you are expecting is for a professional coach like Queiroz to throw out his principles out of the window because Rahmati ALMOST has 80 caps lol.

That's your opinion.

I am glad, because you also make me laugh.

Cheers
Amou vagti migam onmoge ba toys bazi mikardi migi na

haji vahid bashed IFF , blazevic so many many times , He not only bashed the coach but bashed IFF! and as I said dadkano o IFF be dasto pash oftadan ke bargarde .. please stop it ! I remember people here and in persianfootball were calling vahid TRAITOR , but when he scored against Qatar and Japan he became ALL OF SUDDEN national hero !
this is how our nation is , rahmati case is another example , ta 3 sale gabl people compared himt o abedzadeh hala akh shode !

you guys make big case of him is like he is only problem of our football , baba az in badbakht bekeshid biron . 3 mahe dige in team jeloye argentina o hatta Nigeria shayad 6 taee beshe , hame chizo vel kardid chasbidid be in yaaro

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
and I bet you if it wasn't because of his off field issue he was still no1 ,
Nope. his issue started on field with his weakness in handling crosses that cost TM Iran 2 goals and 2 losses against Lebanon & Uzbekistan in World Cup Qualifications. it was a technical issue that Carlos Queiroz recognized and hence he brought in alternative keepers to challenge for 1st spot. Rahmati didn't rise to the challenge to try to improve on his weakness and instead decided to throw his toys out of the pram and leave TM with hilarious claim that CQ is only an assistant coach and IFF should put an Iranian coach in charge of TM. his issues started on field and then extended to off field.

Nov 24, 2002
Nope. his issue started on field with his weakness in handling crosses that cost TM Iran 2 goals and 2 losses against Lebanon & Uzbekistan in World Cup Qualifications. it was a technical issue that Carlos Queiroz recognized and hence he brought in alternative keepers to challenge for 1st spot. Rahmati didn't rise to the challenge to try to improve on his weakness and instead decided to throw his toys out of the pram and leave TM with hilarious claim that CQ is only an assistant coach and IFF should put an Iranian coach in charge of TM. his issues started on field and then extended to off field.
brought of alternative keepers ? like who ? alireza haghighi ? or rahman ahmadi? lol
rahman ahmadi ay 32 and 2 TM caps became an alternative .. ok good to know lol dude everyone in iran media , coaches back to less than a year ago were saying no one is there to challenge rahmati no1 job !! and I BET you if it wasn't for his decision he was still TM no1 ! you don't bench an almost 80 caps player ( ok 77 ke be in doste kocholoye ma agha arash bar nakhore ) all of sudden !!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
brought of alternative keepers ? like who ? alireza haghighi ? or rahman ahmadi? lol
rahman ahmadi ay 32 and 2 TM caps became an alternative .. ok good to know lol
Why not ? Rahman did well for TM Iran with 3 clean sheets in the last 3 qualifier games.

The point is that you claimed that Rahmati's issue was off field and it wasn't. it was on field technical issue and related to his failure in handling crosses in Lebanon & Uzbekistan games. the coach has every right to make a decision to deal with the problem and CQ did and it paid off in taking Iran to World Cup.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
rahman ahmadi ay 32 and 2 TM caps became an alternative .. ok good to know lol dude everyone in iran media , coaches back to less than a year ago were saying no one is there to challenge rahmati no1 job !! and I BET you if it wasn't for his decision he was still TM no1 ! you don't bench an almost 80 caps player ( ok 77 ke be in doste kocholoye ma agha arash bar nakhore ) all of sudden !!
Baba don't go to left Ali street mahbod jan ! Davari from Bundesliga was being invited and he wanted to turn it into another Talebloo drama but carlos Q wasn't Esteghlal coach ..

He must have been criticised over those goals mashdi mentioned and a competition from Germany was a bit too much to take for a man who always hated competition .

Mahbod jan it dont matter how many caps you have , if your form drops and you keep making the same mistakes again and again then the coach can't give you a game becuase 2 years ago you were good , it is today's form that counts ... inkeh misheh ghesseh ali daei chon az 1994 ta 2002 khoob bood 4 saal ezaafeh khodesho tahmil kard be team melli va reed be kaaseh koozeh team dar 2006 wc .

Nov 24, 2002
Why not ? Rahman did well for TM Iran with 3 clean sheets in the last 3 qualifier games.

The point is that you claimed that Rahmati's issue was off field and it wasn't. it was on field technical issue and related to his failure in handling crosses in Lebanon & Uzbekistan games. the coach has every right to make a decision to deal with the problem and CQ did and it paid off in taking Iran to World Cup.
please give me a break with rahman , the guy real challenge was only korea game and yes he did couple good saves . but look at him in club level , is funny how he get pass because he did couple saves vs korea and people don't like rahmati and just look for some else doesn't matter how good he is . have you seen him lately in club level , if not I did see most of sepahan highlights in league and in CL , the most recent terrible game he had was couple days a go!

as I said going to WC I don't feel confidence with the way that our goalies play , non of them and that include rahmati .. THIS IS NOT A GOOD thing ! by now you should know your no1 and the reason why CQ try most of them is because he feels same , this is not a good thing 3 months before such a tournament .

Nov 24, 2002
Baba don't go to left Ali street mahbod jan ! Davari from Bundesliga was being invited and he wanted to turn it into another Talebloo drama but carlos Q wasn't Esteghlal coach ..

He must have been criticised over those goals mashdi mentioned and a competition from Germany was a bit too much to take for a man who always hated competition .

Mahbod jan it dont matter how many caps you have , if your form drops and you keep making the same mistakes again and again then the coach can't give you a game becuase 2 years ago you were good , it is today's form that counts ... inkeh misheh ghesseh ali daei chon az 1994 ta 2002 khoob bood 4 saal ezaafeh khodesho tahmil kard be team melli va reed be kaaseh koozeh team dar 2006 wc .
lol have you ever mentioned talebloo name ? Dude sometime I doubt when you say you played the game ! I mean talebloo ? lol where is this guy now ?

and to be honest I have no idea how davari made it to bundesliga , the guy simply isn't in this level , I would say same if he wasn't playing for TM either don't make big deal out of him please
you mentioned ali daei yes is not easy to get rid of such a veteran specially when heis pretty young ,rahmati just turned 31 and is not an old age for goalie ,
and last back to Daei , I bashed the guy a lot and I am no way his fan BUT who came to replace him since he left? people said morde ma goal mizane to jaame jahani , ma posht khatte daei posidim , chi shod 7 years later ? we should import a guy like Gucci to save our ass , so yes sometime is hard to get rid of such a veteran !

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
lol have you ever mentioned talebloo name ? Dude sometime I doubt when you say you played the game ! I mean talebloo ? lol where is this guy now ?

and to be honest I have no idea how davari made it to bundesliga , the guy simply isn't in this level , I would say same if he wasn't playing for TM either don't make big deal out of him please
you mentioned ali daei yes is not easy to get rid of such a veteran specially when heis pretty young ,rahmati just turned 31 and is not an old age for goalie ,
and last back to Daei , I bashed the guy a lot and I am no way his fan BUT who came to replace him since he left? people said morde ma goal mizane to jaame jahani , ma posht khatte daei posidim , chi shod 7 years later ? we should import a guy like Gucci to save our ass , so yes sometime is hard to get rid of such a veteran !
Amu talebloo once was a competition with Rahmati , I saw them from early in their career , he showed promising form but he lacked the character to become a top goalie , they were both in esteghlal and had a lot of problems that you must know , that is why I mentioned him as an example .

what I meant when I brought Daei up was becuase once you were a good player does not justify you playing today if for any reason you are not on form or fit to play , like in 2006 Daei was not fit to play and at best could have been a sub on the bench that you would use late in the game in desperate times you need to score .

Daei was irreplaceable for us from 1994 to 2002 , that is 8 years which is a great achievement for a centre forward , after that we should have tried others , team melli does not belong to any player , it is an honor to play for team melli or even sit on the bench but team melli does not owe any player , even if RIP Hejazi kept on playing in his late 30s if he was out of form he should have been taken out , team melli is a running train , some of us 70 million or so are lucky to get on it and ride until we can serve ,once the time is up you have to get off and let someone else ride and serve it well .

doosteh aziz , if Enayati and other strikers like Hashemiyan could have started their international career in 2002 then maybe we would have found another Ali Daei who served team melli so well for 8 years ,

Rahmati ham hamintor , I do feel sorry for him , he could have and should have sealed Iran goal for another 5 years , but he is the victim of his doing . I really dont know what he is doing in training or what he has been doing , why at 31 he droppes a such simple ball and why he never managed to rule his box in the air , goalkeeping is not just shot stopping , it is about commanding the 18 yard box that any ball that is withing your reach and up in the air should be yours , that was the most simple catch a keeper can make ...

Nov 24, 2002
Amu talebloo once was a competition with Rahmati , I saw them from early in their career , he showed promising form but he lacked the character to become a top goalie , they were both in esteghlal and had a lot of problems that you must know , that is why I mentioned him as an example .

what I meant when I brought Daei up was becuase once you were a good player does not justify you playing today if for any reason you are not on form or fit to play , like in 2006 Daei was not fit to play and at best could have been a sub on the bench that you would use late in the game in desperate times you need to score .

Daei was irreplaceable for us from 1994 to 2002 , that is 8 years which is a great achievement for a centre forward , after that we should have tried others , team melli does not belong to any player , it is an honor to play for team melli or even sit on the bench but team melli does not owe any player , even if RIP Hejazi kept on playing in his late 30s if he was out of form he should have been taken out , team melli is a running train , some of us 70 million or so are lucky to get on it and ride until we can serve ,once the time is up you have to get off and let someone else ride and serve it well .

doosteh aziz , if Enayati and other strikers like Hashemiyan could have started their international career in 2002 then maybe we would have found another Ali Daei who served team melli so well for 8 years ,

Rahmati ham hamintor , I do feel sorry for him , he could have and should have sealed Iran goal for another 5 years , but he is the victim of his doing . I really dont know what he is doing in training or what he has been doing , why at 31 he droppes a such simple ball and why he never managed to rule his box in the air , goalkeeping is not just shot stopping , it is about commanding the 18 yard box that any ball that is withing your reach and up in the air should be yours , that was the most simple catch a keeper can make ...
Aziz taleblou was shit from day one , which competition ? the only thing he was good for was stopping PK , the guy didn't have physic of goalie , so skinny

about daei as matter of fact and as much as I hate his attitude but the guy was not replaceable... yes even after 2002 and up to 2004 , I agree he should stop at 2004 and not more than that .
about rahmati , lets put your hate beside , the guy did stupid thing by turning his back to NT and he paid price for , now some people goes crazy about issue is like he committed a crime . baba take it easy on him , all these pressure effected his game , he is human no doubt .
you may not agree with me but if he focus on his game he can become Iran No1 again for many years .. and you know better than me no goalie yet dominate as no1 and all of our goalies has been shaky so far that is why CQ try different goalies each game lately .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Baba hate chiyeh ? I dont hate him at all , he is young guy and has served team melli .

I always thought rahmati is better than talebloo but I have also seen some good play by talebloo in the beginning of his career when he was very young that I thought he could become a good goalie but he did not !

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
mashdi jan, you can not base this on a guess though? What is known and came out in the media was that Rahmati was never invited to TM because he left and talked $h*t behind CQ back! Even afew weeks ago (or was it some months ago) when CQ and Rahmati met for the first time after a long period of bust-up, CQ acknowledged to the media that Rahmati was the best keeper in Iran! The losses against Lebanon and Uzbekistan had less to do with Rahmati and more with CQ himself to bring in old and out of form players from Perspolis which was 13:th team of the table at the time. Only after he got rid of them, we could have a semi-decent chance to win our last 3 games.