Argo..Dilution is an American thing..

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Argo for the best movie..? In a year of many fine films...this seems nothing but a load of propaganda from An uncle Sam who has fallen ill to a severe case of an Alzheimer or the sorts ...Although I'm sure Hollywood knows that most of the movie's audience weren't even born during this event.

you know..Argo make me doubt whatever was said as factual material in Lincoln...who knows..if these guys can lie their way around the world about an event that happened 34 years ago..what stops them from making crap up for an already popular Abraham Lincoln?

This should serve as a notice to many of us Iranians who frown upon any positive review of our own history..we can't even celebrate the glorious Sassanis or others without questioning everything about us..Never mind Mohammad Reza Pahlavi or his dad..

Anyhow...Americans need to start reading and i mean serious reading before Hollywood takes them to a place that they won't recognize ...and that could be the future U.S...a shadow of an alleged superpower...or could it be that even this superpower stuff is an illusion made or perfected by mastery of Hollywood artists.?

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
amoo bey
where are u?
anyways..........are you saying Hollywood lies?!! noooooooooo
baba - the America you left behind is no more.........free press is a thing of the past......makes you wonder even about what we thought was free press in the 70's.
Hollywood used to be just about entertainment......and light entertainment at that. Not now - everything about it is speared.......all Hollywood writers are now prisoners of guilds,..........it is a sad sad situation. But I have hope - Uncle Sam has a history master of making correct adjustments and he will again. For the sake of all humanity......can you picture the world run by the Soviet and Chinease communist parties and the Islamists they are supporting.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
See what u sayin' Masoud Jon...I 'd hope I and many movie goers understand the element of dramatization and the art of story telling of a historical even with added fictional sub-stories.

But, here ..we gotta a movie that is 99.9 % fiction and pretends to cover a true story...unfortunately it confirms all of our misgivings about the spirit of American behavior toward Iran..and that there is just such profound ignorance and total in-education by Americans regarding Iran even at the time when they should known lot better...that thinking "reconciliation" is a naive belief.

It's actually quite worse for the American side if we think actually this story has some truth to it..becuz as it turns out ..they didn't need to go into such hallucination to deliver 5 Canadian passport to the Alleged embassy staff...Iran was in midst of a revolution and anyone with any spying or intelligence 101 training could have gotten in and out of Iran...and worse yet..The ignorance lasts to 34 yrs later ...still claiming Iranian revolutionaries gave a shit about alleged 5 missing staff...and the Airport scene at the end ( totally fictional and only from a met- brained writer) is a typical of Hollywood Crapping on any people and cultures other than " gays and so called African Americans"....

It would have been all justified if they call it .."Indiana Jones and the escape from house of Imam" or something like that ..but this is totally a lowlife job anyway u look at it...and the project I-ran has become so "hadafmand" in all accounts that even Brits BAFTA acting as the superpower's main KhAye mAl and ChAploos goes ahead and award all its main trophies to this piece of crap ..it is in a way hilarious..oh well..

Still not seen the film - out on DVD in UK in a couple of weeks but it staggers me to why did they decide to release a film about Iran at a time when Iran and US have a shakey relationship. I am truly staggered by its success and equally as staggered to why George Clooney is involved in it. However, there was a post on Argo a while back on this forum and I had the belief that Iranians weren't too bothered by it.

I remember loads of people in Iran complained about 300 with its inaccuracies etc but Argo, Canadian ambassadors have been upset by it, British ambassadors have been upset by it and even Jimmy Carter has one or two things to say about it. He loved the film by the way! That's the other problem as well - yes, it's a "film" but people are led to believe it's a true story. Affleck would like to think it was all true but in fact, he got lots of the film wrong (such as an Iranian in the film saying salaam as 'goodbye'!). And for someone who has a MA in Middle Eastern Studies, Affleck needs to sort himself out. I never liked him and since I heard he was doing this film, I continue to lose respect towards him!

[video=youtube;Cr5XJ8dbJtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr5XJ8dbJtg[/video]

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Just watched the main part of Oscars...it seemed so stiff...wonder why?..LOL..it was like...we are sorry but we had to do this....

also wonder how many great movies won the "best picture" in the 3 grand slams.. Grammy 's, BAFTA, Oscars ..? ...and I do realize that its all subjective..and many times one might not agree with the winner...I sort of was puzzled a few yrs back for " No Country for the Old men" , if I remember the name correctly, as the best movie..

But this one was U.S. Vali faghih job all the way....and it looked tacky...and no way this is that good of a movie to begin with...beside the fact it is amateurly inaccurate from the 1st moment...

and then The writer ( who won a Oscar) comment was equally bizzare..sayin' something like " hope that we all here in America and in Iran use creativity like the alleged CIA spy tony Mendez to solve our problem"...LOL...when I say America's share of lunatics is raising by the minute...i ain't kiddin'...khoda Akharo aghebat e hame mA ro bA in super power e mashang be khair kone....

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
oh..gotta say this one last thing...

This Argo thing starts ,by 1st trying to khAye mAli Iranian or world audience in sort of apologizing for making this piece of crap and claim it as based on true story, by saying something like ..Shah was installed by CIA to unseat a " popularly elected Mossadeq...LOL....I tell you...Americans are so freakin' ignorant that even with all these yrs and with all these stuff happening ,still can NOT utter 2 accurate and educated sentences together even if their A-hole was on the line....go fgure...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm sorry Beystrjan, but what part of Argo is exactly inaccurate?

Apart from the last scene with the car chasing the plane (which was laughable), I didn't find anything inaccurate about Argo. That last "action" scene is forgivable because the movie would've otherwise lacked the necessary level of suspense that the box-office ridiculously demands.

I actually found Argo a mellowed version of the real events which were insanely embarrassing (for Iranians) and harsh on a bunch of innocent Americans.

It's not Hollywood's fault that a bunch of uncivilized Iranians committed a major crime and caused a lot of hardship not only for the victims, but also for the rest of Iranians who have to live with this embarrassment for a few more decades.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Bey jaan, as inaccurate as the film is, it's just that - a film. No one's going to show up to the movies to sit there for 2 hours and watch a boring but accurate chain of events - those things are called documentaries and there's actually one coming out about the exact same topic. If they started showing this in history classesor put it in the museum of modern history then you should be concerned. And stop watching the Oscars - it's just annoying with ir with Argo! ;)

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
" uncivilized Iranians committing a major crime"..? u sure amoo BT..?

we are talking about a major and perhaps the last true revolution, as much as I was not for it or agreed with it, but that's what it was...and as it turned out...why would any sovereign country let another one to blatantly use its embassy for spying activities?...and as for uncivilized , yes it was against all international norms...but not one American was killed or seriously injured in the process...." uncivilized is indeed what U.S. and the western allies have done in say just Mid east since then..how many 100's of 1000's of people, and I mean civilians have been killed by the " civilized" one and how many millions uprooted in the process?..

As for the movie...I ask you what part of it was accurate? except for news footage of the time or the some scenes recreated.?... and I can understand it if the so called spirit of the writing was true...but not even close...for example:

This thing tries to say..the alleged " missing staff" went on the streets of Tehran ..and it portrays the Iranians as some backward , posht e kooh neshin who have never seen a westerner before in their lives and are just gazing with shear terror in their eyes....

not only this whole plot was a lie..but That's blatant and totally false representation of a country that back then and even since has always been kind and hospitable to westerners and especially Americans ..and like I said Argo begins by that " Shah statement" thing which is be ghole China , only a bisavad writer can make those claims..

and Then...this whole idea that a CIA agent had to make up a story as bizarre as this movie claims based on a report that no one really knows about its significance or accuracy, as is something that we are just taking at face value...and the whole premise that hostages lives or the missing ones were in such a danger and that, the Iranians were looking for these missing people frantically, is all but pigments of a pretty " sefAreshi " imaginations.. as u may know...all U.S. friends involved in this basically politely looked away and in private called this whole story as nothing but Kose shers of a superpower ..

Last edited:

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Well..Bi honar jon...u call it as u see it...I respect the movie goers wishes....but This movie getting all the major awards and gaining a sizable audience bcuz of it and definitely tries to paint picture of a country and basically as soft sort of stereotyping of a country. (forget IRI), ..is something that I find not at all in our very interest as Iranians.... and is something u guys living abroad...should be even more concerned with...and I'm not saying we gotta jump up n down way too much over this one movie...but we gotta say the truth even if it is annoying...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Beystrjan,

You've become an ambassador for everything that is wrong with the Islamic Republic. Iran's near term (next 50 years) future is downright gloomy because of attitudes such as yours which is unfortunate.

False claims, idolization, complains, complains, complains, pointing fingers, being too proud and ...

It's unfortunate.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Can someone please say what are the inaccuracies? I haven't seen the film so please be specific.
Nothing! They show a bunch of goons entering the embassy and taking hostages which is exactly what happened!

They also show a CIA spy helping a few of the embassy workers escape Iran with Canadian passports which is again truly what happened.

In between the true events, they've added a couple of scenes that are probably made up. They show an Iranian maid who works for the Canadian ambassador and is quite suspicious. Later on, they show her staying loyal to the CIA agent's plans and not revealing the story to Komiteh soldiers.

At the end of the movie, they show a Sepahi car chasing the escapee's plane as it's taking off. It's a comical scene!

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I'm sorry Beystrjan, but what part of Argo is exactly inaccurate?

Apart from the last scene with the car chasing the plane (which was laughable), I didn't find anything inaccurate about Argo. That last "action" scene is forgivable because the movie would've otherwise lacked the necessary level of suspense that the box-office ridiculously demands.

I actually found Argo a mellowed version of the real events which were insanely embarrassing (for Iranians) and harsh on a bunch of innocent Americans.

It's not Hollywood's fault that a bunch of uncivilized Iranians committed a major crime and caused a lot of hardship not only for the victims, but also for the rest of Iranians who have to live with this embarrassment for a few more decades.
I find it embarrassing that some Iranians , including few friends of mines, all over the net and face book are bitching about this movie and find it insulting to Iran and Iranian history while they are not offended to what is happening to their country and history in the hands of IR .

Oct 18, 2010
i'm not insulted by this film.it's a film and it's billed as "based on a true story" which leaves a lot of room for making things up. as i said in the other thread: well it was nice to see 3 bearded iranian looking men pick up the oscar's for best film.the moolas must be happy seeing their look is in vogue in hollywood.but the link with the first lady to award the prize was overly political and tacky.it's something you expected from the soviet union style of showmanship.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
I am also so puzzled that some are insulted by a movie because of some insignificant factual inacurracies instead of being insulted by "their government" taking hostages for whatever reason. If they thought they were spying, they should have asked them to leave. It's against all international norms to attack and destroy an embassy (which is classified as the land of another country) and take hostages. They also have marg bar america all over the city, and repeat it at every occasion. Can you imagine if they had a similar thinh in the U.S. or another country? These guys are all upset about a movie, but are OK with their own government wishing the death of U.S., etc. Give me a break. Whatever U.S. did to Iran was not nearly as bad as what happened to Japan. Just move on. Admit your shortcomings. Taking hostages by the government was the lowest of low. That idiot Khomeini came out and supported it. They should have been making a movie for each day that the hostages were kept there.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
واکنش وزیر ارشاد به اقدام همسر باراک اوباماخبرگزاری مهر: وزیر فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی با اشاره به اهدای جایزه اسکار به فیلم آرگو توسط میشل اوباما گفت: این فیلم ضد ایرانی جنبه هنری ندارد و از دشمن چیزی جز این انتظار نمی رود.
محمد حسینی وزیر فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی در حاشیه جشن 10 سالگی تاسیس خبرگزاری فارس که عصر امروز در حوزه هنری برگزار شد در پاسخ به خبرنگار مهر مبنی بر اهداء جایزه اسکار به فیلم آرگو از طریق ویدئوکنفرانس توسط میشل اوباما گفت: این فیلم ضد ایرانی جنبه هنری ندارد و از نظر هنری فیلمی بسیار ضعیف است و در ضمن از دشمن چیزی جز این انتظار نمی رود. آنها تبلیغات گسترده ای روی این فیلم انجام دادند تا آن را علیه ما مطرح کنند و این وظیفه ما را سنگین تر می کند تا در آینده در پاسخ به آنها فیلم های قوی بسازیم و انتظار دهیم

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Well..Bi honar jon...u call it as u see it...I respect the movie goers wishes....but This movie getting all the major awards and gaining a sizable audience bcuz of it and definitely tries to paint picture of a country and basically as soft sort of stereotyping of a country. (forget IRI), ..is something that I find not at all in our very interest as Iranians.... and is something u guys living abroad...should be even more concerned with...and I'm not saying we gotta jump up n down way too much over this one movie...but we gotta say the truth even if it is annoying...
Bey jaan, I don't think the American public perception of Iran is going to change because of a movie like Argo and certainly not because it won an Oscar. I agree that it doesn't help the stereotypes, but they're getting all that from the news anyway. I haven't seen the movie, but I can imagine the type of characters it depicts and at the end of the day those are the characters that are unfortunately running Iran right now. If we want to change the perception of our country our national affairs would be the first things to change IMHO and Hollywood would be way down on the list! ;)