Aria Hasegawa , Iranian-Japanese midfielder on CQ radar

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Never played for Japan National team .. We already got good midfielders
Is this guy a defensive or attacking midfielder? is he any good?

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I guess we have to assign someone to watch J-League and give us updates on Aria. is our friend Badu Vieira still in Japan ?

Here is one of Aria's goals for F.C. Tokyo. minute 1:56.

[video=youtube;5ksr1Kh0Ap8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ksr1Kh0Ap8[/video]

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
He plays in J-League, so it means he's very professional. He is also tall (6'1) and he plays with poise and has a good outside shot.

Guys, I know we have some favorites in IPL and such, but we saw how important players like Dejagah, Gucci are, despite some of us saying they were not that important or good or that we have equal talent in Iran. Aria will do real well for team. Great job by CQ if he manages to get him in.

Currently, FC Tokyo is 8th in J-League

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
It doesn't hurt to invite him and see how he gels with the team. Who knows, once the Iranian gheyrat gene kicks in, he may become a superstar like Gucci! ;)

Joking aside, the J league is definitely more professional than the IPL and I'm sure the players there are much more fit - it's also a nice stepping stone into Euro leagues, much more so than IPL currently is. But Aria's not exactly a superstar there, nor at the beginning of his career. If he's going to take Jahanbakhsh's place I'd say no, but if he can play left mid and we're talking Hajsafi, then I say give him a try.

BTW, how the hell did he end up with a Japanese last name if his dad is Iranian?!

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
It doesn't hurt to invite him and see how he gels with the team. Who knows, once the Iranian gheyrat gene kicks in, he may become a superstar like Gucci! ;)

Joking aside, the J league is definitely more professional than the IPL and I'm sure the players there are much more fit - it's also a nice stepping stone into Euro leagues, much more so than IPL currently is. But Aria's not exactly a superstar there, nor at the beginning of his career. If he's going to take Jahanbakhsh's place I'd say no, but if he can play left mid and we're talking Hajsafi, then I say give him a try.

BTW, how the hell did he end up with a Japanese last name if his dad is Iranian?!
He doesn't play in the same position as Jahanbaksh. He plays in the same positon as Jabbari (CAM), who we would want to replace because he plays in the crappy Qatari league.

FC Tokyo has 5 Japanese national team players. He is a regular starter for them, he's good enough for Team Melli.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
Adel Ferdowsipour just said that his family name was Jasur, which is an Iranian name, but his name is written like "Jasuru." I think Adel's producers just improvised something to persify Aria's family name ;) Let's hope he shows some jesarat if he plays for Iran in the World Cup.

spinhead

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2002
United States of Amnesia
Adel Ferdowsipour just said that his family name was Jasur, which is an Iranian name, but his name is written like "Jasuru." I think Adel's producers just improvised something to persify Aria's family name ;) Let's hope he shows some jesarat if he plays for Iran in the World Cup.

The reason is that in Japanese language there is no letter 'r' that can come at the end of a word. So they write Jasur as Jasuru. You see with 'r' they only have: ra, ri, ru, re, ro.

Also, e.g. with K, the only have Ka, Ki, Ku, Ke, Ko. That's why they used to call me Babaku san.

Nov 24, 2002
He doesn't play in the same position as Jahanbaksh. He plays in the same positon as Jabbari (CAM), who we would want to replace because he plays in the crappy Qatari league.

FC Tokyo has 5 Japanese national team players. He is a regular starter for them, he's good enough for Team Melli.
well he is more DM than offensive so not exactly like Jabbari , but is always good to have extra option in this position

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
One thing is for certain though, the Iranian genes really won in this battle. He looks much more Iranian then Japanese.

aria-jasuru-hasegawa-7361.jpg

He would be an interesting player to test out to be honest, specially in the middle of the park where i think our CAM position is very much up for grabs. I've actually watched him play a couple of times in the AFC CL when he was facing Brisbane Roar, very calm, collected midfielder, spreads the ball well and is quite strong on the ball. Tactically very smart, (thanks to the Japanese system) and he has a pretty mean shot on him too.

I say invite him for the upcoming training camp in S.Africa and use him in the friendly, see how he goes.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
The reason is that in Japanese language there is no letter 'r' that can come at the end of a word. So they write Jasur as Jasuru. You see with 'r' they only have: ra, ri, ru, re, ro.

Also, e.g. with K, the only have Ka, Ki, Ku, Ke, Ko. That's why they used to call me Babaku san.
bah bah bah. spinhead. chetori aziz ? :)

Good thing they used " san " as honorifics for you. imagine if they had used " kun " instead. you would have been called Babaku kun. your head would truly be spinning.

spinhead

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2002
United States of Amnesia
bah bah bah. spinhead. chetori aziz ? :)

Good thing they used " san " as honorifics for you. imagine if they had used " kun " instead. you would have been called Babaku kun. your head would truly be spinning.
LOL! Mokhleseem mashdi.

Believe or not my boss started calling me "Babaku Kun" when we first got there. But my wife told him that he shouldn't call me "kun" because it doesn't have a good meaning in Farsi :1:
After that he started calling me "Babaku San".