Arsenal to lose Flamini..

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
With his brilliant performance this season, there is a battle for him in Serie-A. and unfortunately he is most likely to join Juve this Summer. :-ohno::pers-cry:

SkySports-
Gunners losing Flamini battle

Frenchman's future continues to be shrouded in mystery

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood admits that Mathieu Flamini's days at the club appear to be numbered.

The French international's current contract at Emirates Stadium is due to expire in the summer, and he is yet to sign a new deal despite a reported £50,000 a week offer being on the table for over a month.

The Gunners now fear that Flamini may have already agreed a pre-contract agreement with Italian suitors Juventus, and accept that they may be forced to part company with the combative midfielder in the near future.

Generous

"We have made what we think is a pretty generous offer and we are waiting to hear whether he will accept or not," Hill-Wood said in the Daily Star.

"You just don't know nowadays. You think players have a pretty good life, but, somehow, someone persuades them the grass might be greener somewhere else.

"So I don't know the answer, all I know is we think we have pushed the boat out."

Juventus have been tracking Flamini for some time now, and are believed to have offered him a deal worth around £10,000 a week more than the Gunners.

Advantage

The Italian club's director Jean-Claude Blanc confirmed on Tuesday that a deal for the player is almost complete, and has now dismissed speculation which has suggested that their arch rivals Milan could be set to hijack the move at the last minute.

"We have the advantage (over Milan)," he said.

"As a child Flamini was a supporter of Juve.

"We also have a sporting project in place and we will be in the Champions League. Milan will not."

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2007
Well, Gilberto has been superb in the last couple of games that he has played, especially against Man U.
I think he is more than good enough to take his place in the team.

on the subject of Flamni,
hame ke mese Jens khan gheyrat nadaran ke hazer bashan ye fasl roo nimkat beshinan, amma ozve bashgahe Arsenal bashan!
loool

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
The guy can fvck off for all I care really...less than a year ago he was on the verge of signing with Birmingham, today is he refusing a 50,000 GBP/week contract offer for Arsenal. Enjoy your time in Italy.
tell me about it...:9:

He had only one good season(this yr) throught his stay in Arsenal, Wenger showed patience so he develops into a great mobile midfielder,and then as soon as he gets a better offer from a better team, he wants to leave..

If anything, if it wasnt for Wenger, he would be playing for Birm this season, so could never make it to CL or even UEFA to get noticed by likes of Milan and Juve.
heiff...

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
Who really cares? I'm not crying and don't know any other Arsenal fans who are. This in fact makes Diarra look like a bigger idiot. He would've had a real shot at the starting eleven next year had he not fvcked off to Portsmouth.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Who really cares? I'm not crying and don't know any other Arsenal fans who are. This in fact makes Diarra look like a bigger idiot. He would've had a real shot at the starting eleven next year had he not fvcked off to Portsmouth.
well thinking about it, a mobile midfielder like Flamini helped the team alot. and in most of our games, he ran the longest distances(according to game stats)and his markings was awesome, not to mention his partnership with Cesc. we cant have that with Gilberto or even Diarra.

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
well thinking about it, a mobile midfielder like Flamini helped the team alot. and in most of our games, he ran the longest distances(according to game stats)and his markings was awesome, not to mention his partnership with Cesc. we cant have that with Gilberto or even Diarra.
It' not the worst thing..and you're not too sad about it either....I know you aren't. :)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
It' not the worst thing..and you're not too sad about it either....I know you aren't. :)
hehe, bache khar mikoni?!!:) actually Im sad!!its gonna be a big loss. maybe not as huge loss as losing Hleb but still hard to find a player like him.

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
hehe, bache khar mikoni?!!:) actually Im sad!!its gonna be a big loss. maybe not as huge loss as losing Hleb but still hard to find a player like him.

No one is bigger than the club...these guys want to leave for greener pastures, by all means go ahead. Just remember that those who have left thinking the grass is greener on the other side.....;)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
No one is bigger than the club...these guys want to leave for greener pastures, by all means go ahead. Just remember that those who have left thinking the grass is greener on the other side.....;)
akhe its not fair to Arsenal. they invested 3-4 yrs of their time and $ just so these players develop into a world class players, and then when they have to pay back, they leave for the greener pastures.

Although yeah Arsenal jinxes any player who leaves the club!!lol, Pires, Ljunberg, Viera, all got severly injured in their first season in their new clubs, CASHley Cole isnt the same player, Sol Campell makes defensive blunders alot, and Henry is out of his usual great form as well..:)

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
akhe its not fair to Arsenal. they invested 3-4 yrs of their time and $ just so these players develop into a world class players, and then when they have to pay back, they leave for the greener pastures.

Although yeah Arsenal jinxes any player who leaves the club!!lol, Pires, Ljunberg, Viera, all got severly injured in their first season in their new clubs, CASHley Cole isnt the same player, Sol Campell makes defensive blunders alot, and Henry is out of his usual great form as well..:)
It's not a matter of being fair or not. Fact is that he left Marseilles on what basically amounted to a free when we signed him. I'm certain that Marseilles felt that it wasn't fair. The guy's out of contract...he can leave if he wants to. The only thing that I would like from him is to say, like Edu did before leaving for Valencia, that he's not intending to stay but of course that would take character and I don't think Flamini is that type of person. I don't know, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
It's not a matter of being fair or not. Fact is that he left Marseilles on what basically amounted to a free when we signed him. I'm certain that Marseilles felt that it wasn't fair. The guy's out of contract...he can leave if he wants to. The only thing that I would like from him is to say, like Edu did before leaving for Valencia, that he's not intending to stay but of course that would take character and I don't think Flamini is that type of person. I don't know, maybe he'll prove me wrong.
well he wasnt anything special when he was in Marseille. just like he was physically/tactically pretty weak and inferior in the first 2 seasons at Arsenal.

yeah technically he can leave if he wants to, but the fact that he turned down Arsenal's new offer(double his current pay), shows that he is after more money..

As u said, atleast saying he doesnt want to stay, makes it easier to take. to look for a proper replacement atleast..

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
well..it wasn't really like that...
first he was a youth player and they couldn't sign him to a longer contract and once he had hit the right age, he had agreed to a longer contract verbally, which means shit but shows his character and then came Arsenal's interest.
Again, nothing against the way Arsene signed him, but in terms of character and loyalty, he is one big piece of shit and always been.