Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

Oct 18, 2010
iran should be able to easily crush vietnam with a 6-0 score line.
i say they got 3 header goals in the bank already.
iraq did not impress either.
i see yemen giving both these teams a run for their money.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Because Brangoh wants the team to fail so that he can use his regime contacts to take CQ's job. He tried to ruin our world cup preparation previously. He is a cancer that needs to be removed from our country. I for one stopped supporting Parspolis because of Brangohs association with the club.
Spot on....very well said bruw!

Although a very hardcore Redfan, fuck this jaggoffković.
Bloody fucking opportunist, he's noba....
I will not cheer for Redboys as long as this fuckhead is in charge, thats it!
He fucking needs to shut the fuck up, right now.

Teamelli ÜBER ALLES, principally when it comes to days like these!!

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Folks,

I read someone saying that this is first time AFC has organized Asian Cup with 24 teams versus 16... If you look up 2007 edition, that was also 24 teams but due to some weak teams being drawn AFC decided to bring it back to 16 teams. Not sure why they decided to have 24 teams again when you see Asian teams levels hasn't improved much!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Folks,

I read someone saying that this is first time AFC has organized Asian Cup with 24 teams versus 16... If you look up 2007 edition, that was also 24 teams but due to some weak teams being drawn AFC decided to bring it back to 16 teams. Not sure why they decided to have 24 teams again when you see Asian teams levels hasn't improved much!
Its probably the worse decision ever.. just look at the stadiums. its all half empty.. the quality of football is so low that I think worse than our crappy IPL. Hopefully it gets better at the knockout stage.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
مصاحبه اشکان دژاگه و بیرانوند،آزمون، طارمی و امید ابراهیمی پس از بازی ایران و یمن

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Folks,

Yes as indicated its the 1st time it has 24 teams. I think they wanted to be similar to the European cup and have one more round of play. So they decided to up to. Doing it this way created a round of 16 which did not exist before and we wen to quarters right away. And indeed it has brought on 8 shit teams which technically should of not been there. In Iran's favor though because we do not get friendlies its a good couple of practice games for us with Yemen and Vietnam and then we even start playing harder at that time.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Vietnamese commentary .. LOL @ over the top commentator.. still better than Pars TV old fellow who shouts and screams for 90 mins
Highlight Đội Tuyển Việt Nam vs Iraq - 2-3 Kết Quả Trận Đấu - Giải Vô Địch Bóng Đá Châu Á 2019

@0:50 :)
@2:30 :)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I like Vietnam but everything is over the top.. the commentator, the animated manager, players celebrations(considering Iraq scored two own goals)
and fans celebrations ... I'm sure on Saturday IRAN will make them Completely silent they will have nothing to shout about :)

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Yes as indicated its the 1st time it has 24 teams. I think they wanted to be similar to the European cup and have one more round of play. So they decided to up to. Doing it this way created a round of 16 which did not exist before and we wen to quarters right away. And indeed it has brought on 8 shit teams which technically should of not been there. In Iran's favor though because we do not get friendlies its a good couple of practice games for us with Yemen and Vietnam and then we even start playing harder at that time.
I checked again and you are right, it is the first that they have switched to 24 teams! I don't think having these weak teams would help us or anyone else... it only is for revenue for AFC and FIFA that's all... I like the focus CQ is putting on the team that we don't care about others results.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Its probably the worse decision ever.. just look at the stadiums. its all half empty.. the quality of football is so low that I think worse than our crappy IPL. Hopefully it gets better at the knockout stage.
I agree with you! The amount of mistakes you note in these games are hilarious at times that you really think our IPL teams can do better! Sad but this is Asia... no comparison to EU or Copa America.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
So far only Iran and Saudi have shown anything resembling football. All other teams have been 3rd rate garbage. Japan will probably boss others around too.
Yup! In case we meet Saudis in the next rounds, it's going to be a crazy game (very politically charged).