Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Based on the massive media campaign against CQ today, I don't think he will finish the tournament as Iran's coach. I expect him to resign today or tomorrow.
I highly doubt it, imo he's gonna use this to take pressure off his players and use the siege mentality to make his players perform even better on the pitch.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Highest authority with a name/credentials on par with CQ to a degree and hanging around IFF is that Mehrdad Masoudi fellow (if I get his name right). I think that guy is CQs highest threat and picked on his goalie coach as well.

So it's really CQ against that fellow (he was media Rep for Canadian footy for a decade?)

مهرداد مسعودی به مدت ده سال مسئول روابط عمومی و بین‌الملل فدراسیون فوتبال کانادا بود و در حال حاضر هم با درخواست فیفا، مشاور رسانه‌ای قطر برای جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ است. مسعودی با فیفا همکاری های زیادی در زمینه رسانه ای داشته است.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
I think some are trying to make this uproar between CQ and others bigger than it is. CQ has been referring to the way his team's preparations before the WC, he was on top of this from the time WC ended if you recall. Now we hear that he insulted Iran and Iranians (poor, deprived)... it's just going nowhere!
It's true that everybody is expecting results... but let's face it, even if CQ's contract is terminated, we will need a high caliber coach taking his place. Having a good coach is one of the steps but not the only step for improvement and getting good results... Look at our infrastructure and clubs, even our management, do you see any improvement?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Highest authority with a name/credentials on par with CQ to a degree and hanging around IFF is that Mehrdad Masoudi fellow (if I get his name right). I think that guy is CQs highest threat and picked on his goalie coach as well.

So it's really CQ against that fellow (he was media Rep for Canadian footy for a decade?)

مهرداد مسعودی به مدت ده سال مسئول روابط عمومی و بین‌الملل فدراسیون فوتبال کانادا بود و در حال حاضر هم با درخواست فیفا، مشاور رسانه‌ای قطر برای جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ است. مسعودی با فیفا همکاری های زیادی در زمینه رسانه ای داشته است.

Big deal, I am sure what he says is inflated and warrants verification but it is not that he was the CEO of EPL! He was probably the guy with an unassigned desk in Canadian federation volunteering some time to update their website 20 years ago! In a country whose first sport is ICE HOCKEY!

We actually met this guy with ISP folks in Dublin in 2001, if anything I did not get the vibe he was any better than our folks on this site!

To me it is well-orchestrated to make TM fail. The entire team is agitated and nervous now and the focus has changed to horseshit! When was the last time you heard our players fighting in the camp?

As for Khiabani, he should STFU. Our people are indeed hungry except for those who kiss IR's ass, I didn't hear he donated his salary to the poor, did he? Who is he fooling.
What is shameful is not what CQ said, the real embarrassment rather is Khiabani's question from Bolivian coach "why Bolivia in world cup no?"

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Big deal, I am sure what he says is inflated and warrants verification but it is not that he was the CEO of EPL! He was probably the guy with an unassigned desk in Canadian federation volunteering some time to update their website 20 years ago! In a country whose first sport is ICE HOCKEY!

We actually met this guy with ISP folks in Dublin in 2001, if anything I did not get the vibe he was any better than our folks on this site!

To me it is well-orchestrated to make TM fail. The entire team is agitated and nervous now and the focus has changed to horseshit! When was the last time you heard our players fighting in the camp?

As for Khiabani, he should STFU. Our people are indeed hungry except for those who kiss IR's ass, I didn't hear he donated his salary to the poor, did he? Who is he fooling.
What is shameful is not what CQ said, the real embarrassment rather is Khiabani's question from Bolivian coach "why Bolivia in world cup no?"
it's CQ who's sensitive toward Masoudi's conduct and intention. I sense they have him posture against CQ to get him fumble and lose focus. Masoudi actually fled Iran and I think has pulled some contacts to serve IFF, or giving freebie service in hopes of something bigger in the future.

Somehow Masoudi is credited with Iran/Canada game in 97. I didn't check on him thoroughly but doubt any staff at ISP has that kind of credentials, with all due respect.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
کیروش : تا آخر برای خدمت به مردم ایران می جنگیم

کا

تیم ملی فوتبال ایران یک روز بعد از مصاحبه جنجالی خود در اظهارنظری گفت: زمان حال برای ما همه چیز است و به خاطر مردم ایران و خدمت به آنها تا آخر می‌جنگیم.
به گزارش خبرگزاری کارلوس کی روش در گفتگو با سایت فدراسیون فوتبال گفت‌: همانطور که گفتم بازی برابر عراق دیدار سختی بود. زمانی که بحث فوتبال و انجام بازی فوتبال مطرح است، ما موقعیت‌های زیادی خلق کردیم. بازیکنانم نشان دادند زمانی که نیاز باشد یک جنگجوی واقعی هستند و با اجرای استراتژی تعیین شده در این بازی به عنوان تیم اول صعود خود را قطعی کردیم.
کی روش ادامه: در حال حاضر مهمترین موضوع قابل اهمیت، زمان حال و فعلی تیم ملی است و بقیه موضوعات در درجه دوم اهمیت قرار دارند. خوشبختانه در شرایط فعلی در وضعیت مناسبی قرار داریم و توانسته ایم با دو برد و یک تساوی و به ثمر رساندن ۷ گل و بدون دریافت گل به مرحله بعدی صعود کنیم. پل اول را پشت سر گذاشته ایم و از هم اکنون جام ملتها برای ما شروع می شود.
وی ادامه داد: از الان نحوه بازیها تغییر می کند و همانطور که گفتم از این به بعد تیم پیروز میدان همه چیز را برای خود می کند و بازنده همه چیز را می بازد. از این به بعد تک تک بازی ها برای ما فینال جام ملتهای آسیا دارد. بدون در نظر گرفتن اینکه با چه تیم هایی روبرو خواهیم شد، به تمام حریفان احترام می گذاریم و سعی می کنیم همیشه بهتر شویم.
سرمربی تیم ملی گفت: من به بازیکنانم ایمان دارم. هزار درصد به بازیکنان و اعضای کادرم اعتماد دارم.
وی تاکید کرد: هم اکنون و زمان حال برای من همه چیز است. اگر ما بهترین تیم ها را به چالش نکشیم نمی توانیم به قهرمانی برسیم. ما در این جام حضور نداریم که حریفان خود را انتخاب کنیم، ما اینجا هستیم تا بهترین عملکردمان را مقابل تمام حریفان به نمایش بگذاریم، بدون در نظر گرفتن حریف مقابلمان. ما با فروتنی و بدون غرور به مسیر مقابل حرکت می کنیم.
وی در پایان گفت: ما تا آخر برای رسیدن به هدفمان خواهیم جنگید و این به خاطر مردم ایران و خدمت به آنها است.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
it's CQ who's sensitive toward Masoudi's conduct and intention. I sense they have him posture against CQ to get him fumble and lose focus. Masoudi actually fled Iran and I think has pulled some contacts to serve IFF, or giving freebie service in hopes of something bigger in the future.

Somehow Masoudi is credited with Iran/Canada game in 97. I didn't check on him thoroughly but doubt any staff at ISP has that kind of credentials, with all due respect.
Well, in late 90s some countries in the West was ready to play Iran for non-footballing reasons and for football diplomacy. Masoudi was probably in the right place at the right time if he really had any role in the game. My point is do you think this is a bluff that FIFA, the multi-billion $ organization "recommended" Masoudi as "media consultant" to Qatar, the richest per capita country in the world who is hosting the next WC and owns a media giant such as AlJazeera and sport channel such as BeIn?

As Rashtis say: Laf dar ghorbat va gooz dar bazare mesgaran!

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ If I were to make a conclusion as he seem to have helped Iran/US game in the WC as well that he had some affiliation and then he's able to have FIFA paying him back in his new role, an independent contractor/businessman.

One has to look up his education to see if that played a role.

"One of the first problems was that Iran were team B and the USA were team A," explains Masoudi. "According to FIFA regulations team B should walk towards team A for the pre-match handshakes, but Iran's Supreme Leader Khamenei gave express orders that the Iranian team must not walk towards the Americans."
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/feat...ed-game-world-cup-history#blsdPQeSaRH1fxCi.99

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
@ME

He seem to be a self-made figure, printing a soccer mag. on his own while in college in Canada... I pulled some data.

My name is Mehrdad Masoudi. I worked with the Canadian Soccer League for three seasons; 1990 1991 and 1992. During that time and specially the last season, Mr. Hoyle worked with the league as an auditor. I worked very closely with Mr. Hoyle in those years. In my first professional position in the soccer world, I learned a great deal from Hoyle. He was a caring individual with deep passion for what he did. He was a father figure to me, then a new immigrant to Canada. I moved from the C.S.L. to the Canadian Soccer Association, IMG in London (UK) and now Doha, Qatar in different capacities in world football ...

///

But just ask Carleton student Mehrdad
Masoudi when his last night out was
and he cringes to remember.

Besides being a computer science major
and holding down two jobs, Masoudi is a
full-time magazine publisher. No small
wonder he has no free time.

The 25-year-old native of Iran, disen-
chanted with media coverage of his
impassioned Ottawa Intrepid - or lack
thereof - lobbied both Ottawa dailies for
more soccer exposure.

When he was turned down, he worked
like a maniac, dug deep into his pockets
to invest $800, and launched his own
monthly chronicle, the International
Soccer News.

The Soccer News is a 24-page newslet-
ter which Masoudi writes, sells, produces,
markets, and advertises for, virtually all
by himself.

///

Mehrdad Massoudi is the Public Relations Manager of the Canadian Soccer ...
///
Freddy Chick talks to Iranian-born Fifa official, Mehrdad Masoudi .
///
Now, as Fifa liaison officer in Lyon, he has been pitched into a match between the two halves ...

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
This Oman team are very dangerous, I watched them against Japan and they
created the better chances and were unlucky to lose.

Oman are the current Gulf Cup champion(2018)
Important Tournament for Persian Gulf countries which is taken seriously and may
I add that Iraq and Saudi haven't won it since 1988 and 2004 respectively, not easy to
to win it.

Last edited: