Asian games, news & results

Dec 12, 2002
usa
alitheking jan, we are what we are ,we don't compare ourselves to any nation ,the beauty of our nation it is because the diversity . no one in the world has the beautiful brown skin of iranian women's skin .the olive skin, because the varoius cilmate, great fruits , vegetables .herbs . everyeach nation is beautiful in their own way but we iranian are the best .if we have problem with others not because ofthe colour of their skin it is because of cultural differences , because of superstitions ,because of close minded of our neighbors .

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Men's Handball

Iran vs S.Korea in Final.

Live on IRIB-3

Game has started.Korea is leading by 7-5

Korea has won several medals in the past few World Cups and is generally head and shoulder above most Asian teams.Iran won Bronze in the last Asian Games and is now in the final.it's good progress as some other Handball power houses in Asia didn't make it this far.( KSA , Qatar , Japan )
Iran & Korea played in preliminary round and Iran had a surprisingly strong show and lost it by only 2 points.I'm just gonna watch and enjoy this game and no matter what outcome , this team has done an excellent job in this Asian Games.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
good news iran finished 4th in asian games , the bad news iran lost the final handball game to s-korea 32-28 .
in volley ball considering only losing only one game in intire tournament now in the final game we lost the first set 25-19 to japan and losing the second set .
i don't understand why the boys are disorented in the this final match .
in last two prevoius matches we beat them .
however volleyball is the only team sport we really needed to win.

still hope .
ta shab na shavad , gele az rooz makon .

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Men's Volleyball

S.Korea has defeated Thailand to win Bronze.

Iran vs Japan Final

Live on IRIB-3

Iran is leading Japan in the 3rd set by 22-20.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
mashdi jan, i didn't know the nice poem you wrote .well, we lost the match but we are happy , because another beautiful day , another nite to complain and bicthing about the day .

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2002
usa
i thank you all for reporting the games for all of us . next step is asian cup in jan but in meantime and after that and all the times thinking for feedom of our people .and a better life for all the man kind .
ma ke khoshim, har chand ke alaki bashad .

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Just came home.. the voleyball loss in the final is a big shock to me. Iran has been beating japan in volleyball in recent years.. so I didnt expect them to lose this one given that Japan was not the best team in the tournament.

Thanks mashdi and payan for keeping us posted. Great job.

One puzzling point for me:

Iran did very well, in every sport that involved kotak kari va mosht o mal kardan, except Boxing. Boxing actually is an older sport for Iran than all these martial arts. Why is it that we don't do well in boxing?

Aug 21, 2005
next door
Thanks mashdi and payan for keeping us posted. Great job.

One puzzling point for me:

Iran did very well, in every sport that involved kotak kari va mosht o mal kardan, except Boxing. Boxing actually is an older sport for Iran than all these martial arts. Why is it that we don't do well in boxing?
i think boxing is not seen as a "clean" sport as other martial arts. martial arts is seen as "sheek" and "modern" and "fancy" were as boxing is seen as a very "low class" sport. and in iran where everything is about how you "look", with a boxed up face you can't really get any women while looks very low class and for javads. while other martial arts are more classy and you can still keep a good face throughout