Asian teams suck ! still the worst in the world

Mar 13, 2007
Japan and australia after just one game are pretty much out and there is not much hope for Iran either. SK has a decent group and some WC experience and may do something but even then there is no way they will go past 2nd round.

All the years and asian teams are still far behind everyone else. Even teams from americas now have come along, they are very competitive now and maybe ahead of africans with the likes of mexico, USA, costa rica and etc.

Watching bosnia today I'm not optimistic at all for any result against them. They are physical, confident and pretty skilful. I think iran will need to play the game of a lifetime to beat them.

Mar 13, 2007
Don't expect anything from Iran. I expect a 4-1 defeat in the hands of the Nigerians.
what the hell dude don't say that, that would be a complete disaster and i don't think it will happen I think nigeria is probably the weakest of african teams (at least on paper) and at least i hop we don't lose else our WC will be over right after this game!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
what the hell dude don't say that, that would be a complete disaster and i don't think it will happen I think nigeria is probably the weakest of african teams (at least on paper) and at least i hop we don't lose else our WC will be over right after this game!
Same here we will beat Nigeria is up with all the negativity? ok chances are we might not get into this second round free games to be played and its not like three we will get a World Cup win why do you think Nigeris is great you didn't watch the USA game where they punked the.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I had high hopes for Japan. Although they were quite rubbish against Ivory Coast, I still think they're a high level team.

Australia wasn't too bad considering they were facing the craziest team of the tournament in terms of fearless attacking football (Chile). If they hadn't lost the plot in the first 20 minutes and conceded those two goals, they could've actually gotten some points from their game.

South Korea is just a bullshit team. They have been for quite some time. Their qualification campaign was pretty embarrassing.

Iran is just Iran. A below average squad with a high profile coach. Slow, physical, disruptive and organized. They will not win any hearts in this cup. Unless something extraordinary happens, Iran's campaign will be dull and forgettable like the 2006 one.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
Just enjoy the game, it is what it is and we are in the world cup. enjoy the moment and the boys will make us proud. if we loose so be it. it is part of the game,you win, you loose.

so stop being negative and take it for what it is. we are in the world cup like it or not.

Mar 13, 2007
I had high hopes for Japan. Although they were quite rubbish against Ivory Coast, I still think they're a high level team.

Australia wasn't too bad considering they were facing the craziest team of the tournament in terms of fearless attacking football (Chile). If they hadn't lost the plot in the first 20 minutes and conceded those two goals, they could've actually gotten some points from their game.

South Korea is just a bullshit team. They have been for quite some time. Their qualification campaign was pretty embarrassing.

Iran is just Iran. A below average squad with a high profile coach. Slow, physical, disruptive and organized. They will not win any hearts in this cup. Unless something extraordinary happens, Iran's campaign will be dull and forgettable like the 2006 one.
Exactly my thoughts, however I'm hoping for a greek like miracle where a team somehow pulls it all together to find an unexplainable and incredible unity and form during a few games and the opponents who lose form. this happens more than we think. from 1990 costa rica and ireland, to saudi 98 to australia 2006 and south korea and japan 2002 and etc.

who knows maybe soccer players replicate the olympic teams performance somehow

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Not only that but Iranian fans specifically & some members on this board can be proud to be amongst if not the most pessimistic fans in the world.

We must be the only nation in this World Cup that have a bunch of already demoralised, dejected and cynical bunch of fans even prior to having kicked off...

At least let us loose before you spill your gloom ridden selfs all over this board. Thank god i haven't visited this place for a while, i see i haven't missed out on much.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Not only that but Iranian fans specifically & some members on this board can be proud to be amongst if not the most pessimistic fans in the world.

We must be the only nation in this World Cup that have a bunch of already demoralised, dejected and cynical bunch of fans even prior to having kicked off...

At least let us loose before you spill your gloom ridden selfs all over this board. Thank god i haven't visited this place for a while, i see i haven't missed out on much.
just ignore them. so much negativity!!!! baba we all know we are not at same level of other teams. so what!!!! just enjoy the game then after it come criticizes as much as you want...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

I don't visit any other Iranian football sites , is it the same on other sites or is it just here we have losers around ... I hope Iran team give them losers mentality a good kick up their asses with their performances ...

they sound just like MKO members in the game between Iran and USA in 1998 ....

Feb 11, 2005
USA

I hear you. This forum is having bunch of cynical and self-defeated members sitting behind the keyboard acting as if they know it all.........

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
I don't visit any other Iranian football sites , is it the same on other sites or is it just here we have losers around ... I hope Iran team give them losers mentality a good kick up their asses with their performances ...

they sound just like MKO members in the game between Iran and USA in 1998 ....
I don't visit any other sites either Ogbab jan! Truth be told, i am quite over the whole aspect of football sites.

Cynicism and having a cynical view has become a form of conviviality unfortunately amongst Iranians, no matter what the subject is.

And you know why i don't come here very often anymore or any site for that matter? Its because these cynics "members" tend not to see their own bullshit with any objectivity, they think they're sophisticated realists entitled to take refuge in mockery, sarcasm and a know it all attitude. And to be honest, i don't see any worth in wasting a single second on any of them.

Enjoy your world cup Ogbab jan, it comes around every 4 years. Enjoy it!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I don't visit any other sites either Ogbab jan! Truth be told, i am quite over the whole aspect of football sites.

Cynicism and having a cynical view has become a form of conviviality unfortunately amongst Iranians, no matter what the subject is.

And you know why i don't come here very often anymore or any site for that matter? Its because these cynics "members" tend not to see their own bullshit with any objectivity, they think they're sophisticated realists entitled to take refuge in mockery, sarcasm and a know it all attitude.

Enjoy your world cup Ogbab jan, it comes around every 4 hours. Enjoy it!
every 4 hours ?! jesus man ! I can't cope with that ...

never mind about them dude , keep your chin up and laugh at their loser mentality ...competition is about competing , right mentality and attitude ....even when the going gets tough ...

Even if you are racing a Ferrari in your jian mohari if you have a mentality of Michael Schumacher you will have a chance !

Arash jan I enjoy reading your posts , do it more often and educate us with your wisdom .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

Baba jan negaran nabash just do what I do and ignore their sorry arses they either are truly pessimistic or they want attention. In every fan base you have negative people doesn't matter if you are a Brazil, Germany,Holland or fill in the blank fan. Just enjoy the moment yes Asian teams did not do that well so far but you can't say because Asian teams didn't do well, Iran is going to do poorly against Nigeria. It doesn't work like that.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I often have said Asia does have one extra berth representation.

Having said that, some Europeans have been really shit too. Greece had absolutely nothing to say. For a team such as this to still be a group leader in the qualifying competition is madness (considering teams such as Sweden and Ukraine to be eliminated in the playoffs), simply madness.

North America also has too much representation.