Asian teams, what....

Oct 18, 2002
A disaster in this world cup. Hence, Iran needs to win...
Most likely it will be one less Asian team next world cup

Oct 1, 2004
A disaster in this world cup. Hence, Iran needs to win...
Most likely it will be one less Asian team next world cup
I don't think so.
World CUP 2010 - 2 Asian teams went into the round of 16 and only one African made it to the next stage. FIFA did nothing.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I was listening to radio on the way home from work and one of the broadcaster's was encouraging getting people to rally behind Iran as Asia's only realistic prospect of making the second round!

RESPECT!

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Why Africa
Algeria and Nigeria advanced and played somehow a decent football
Algeria hasn't advanced yet. A loss to Russia and they're out.

Asia and Africa are huge continents with about a 100 countries altogether. This is a World Cup, and each continent should be well represented. I actually really like the fact that there are enough teams from all parts of the world to watch. If u only want pure quality u should make some Super Cup with only European and South American teams, + 1 or 2 teams from every other continent. Or just watch the Champions League every year, that's where the highest quality is.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
well It won't be the worldup without Asia.

I think Asia's four spots is fair.

I do think CONCACAF has too many spots as well. they have 3.5 spots. I think that should be 3 spots.

U.S always makes it. make mexico, Costa Rica and Horrendous fight it out.

Give the extra spots to African teams.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
well It won't be the worldup without Asia.

I think Asia's four spots is fair.

I do think CONCACAF has too many spots as well. they have 3.5 spots. I think that should be 3 spots.

U.S always makes it. make mexico, Costa Rica and Horrendous fight it out.

Give the extra spots to African teams.
I agree on CONCACAF. They only have 2 teams that are consistently decent but get 3.5 spots (and the 0.5 is against New Zealand so let's say almost 4 spots). I would also make it 3 spots. 5 for CONMEBOL, 5 for CAF, 4 for AFC and New Zealand can play a playoff between either the nr 6 of CONMEBOL or the nr 5 of AFC. Or maybe even make the nr 3 of CONCACAF play a playoff against them and give the extra spot to CONMEBOL or UEFA lol.