Asia's top 6 most inform strikers

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
This is a research that i have just completed, from the beginning of this season until now, i look at Cup, and League competitions for respective strikers for their total number of goals so far this year...
Who, are the 6 most inform strikers playing in Asia's top leagues based on their goalscoring record so far.

These are the candidates from 6 to 1...

Enjoy

6. Mohammad Omar- Al-Nasr/ UAE - 10 goals
Christiano- Adelaide United/ Australia- 10 goals

5. Anderson- Al-Sharjah/ UAE- 11 goals
Denilson- Pohang Steelers/ S.Korea- 11 goals
Ferydoon Fazli- Saba Battery/ Iran- 11 goals

4. Fernando Baiano-Al-Jazira/UAE- 12 goals.
Nasser Al-Shamrani- Al-Shabab/Saudi Arabia- 12 goals
Emad Mohammad Redha- Sepahan/ Iran- 12 goals
Igor Castro- Zobahan/ Iran- 12 goals

3. Tese- Kawasaki Frontale/ Japan- 13 goals
Tanaka- Urawa Red's/Japan- 13 goals
Davi Jose Silva- Sapparo/ Japan- 13 goals

2. Leonaro Pischuli- Al-Arabi/Qatar- 16 goals

1. Arash Borhani- Esteghlal Tehran/ Iran- 18 goals

This is so far into the season, Hopefully Arash can keep up this form and really, have a maginificant break through year...

Enjoy..

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
I'm sorry but since when IPL is a top league ? or maybe you can tell us what one of our league's team has acheived in the last 5-6 or 10 years. did you watch Gamba against Manu? if not then I strongly recommend it to you.
Hey, i did watch it...
It was a great game...

But, let me point out to you, that Iranian clubs have in the past 2 years of AFC CL.
Sepahan made the final, and Saipa ( PLACED BOTTOM ON IPL ) made the Quarterfinals.

That by itself, is more then Qatari or UAE clubs have achieved in the past 4-5 rounds of AFC CL.

Saudi Arabian clubs have been nowhere to be seen even in the past 2 campaigns either since the days of Al-Ittehad winning it back to back?
I mean, i know very well, exactly the same way you know it. That Iran is not as professional as it should be, it's got its lacks etc etc etc.....

But at the end of the day i still rank our clubs such as Persepolis, Esteghlal or Sepahan capable of winning the AFC CL and as strong as any other club in Asia.
And i mean, if we are to base it on achievements..

Millions & millions spent by Qatari,UAE & Saudi clubs and they still fall to the feet of the Iranians in the past 2 editions of the AFC CL.

I still believe Esteghlal, Sepahan & Persepolis...and trust me even Saba Battery will go into Asia and make Iran proud, 3 out of 4 of those Iranian clubs are in my eyes candidates to even win the whole thing...

Qatari, UAE or even Saudi clubs will be THRASHED by the way Esteghlal plays soccer right now....
Literally thrashed and sent home with all their million dollar signings....

I understand, how we always have problems in our League, but i still do not believe that is a reason for us to under estimate the "Quality" of our league....
our clubs, etc...

Like Bonacic said once, yes we might not have as much money as UAE or Qatar spent in our clubs....But does not mean we are not better then them...

I believe that this coming AFC CL our clubs are in great position to finish off what Sepahan only came close to doing 2 years ago....
Achievements will come in Asia with this new format of AFC CL, i am sure...

I am no Esteghlali, but god damn they are playing amazing soccer, i mean, u watch UAE or Qatar league, i do watch these a few times.
U grow sick of them, all those million dollar signings really not capable of pulling off a entertaining game....

While when i watch Esteghlal play, even as a Persepolisi i say hey, that's a Iranian club playing some unbelievable soccer...
Persepolis & Sepahan themselves really do not play bad soccer..

In the past games, Persepolis has been playing some very entertaining games and i have no doubt, they will be a threat to every club in the AFC CL.

Last edited: