August 4, News/Discussion

Apr 9, 2004
yup, looks like Ghotbi's facebook is also getting some nice messages. I really don't agree with these guys going to AN's ceremony and all but we really don't know some of the circumstances that they were under and I don't think that people should jump the gun and be critiques.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
yup, looks like Ghotbi's facebook is also getting some nice messages. I really don't agree with these guys going to AN's ceremony and all but we really don't know some of the circumstances that they were under and I don't think that people should jump the gun and be critiques.
Life ain't fair. Ghotbi should and will be made an example out of. He should've known better. The dumb ass will pay dearly for his stupidity and hopefully some smarter people will realize where to draw the line when it comes to choosing their own interests over people's.

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
Life ain't fair. Ghotbi should and will be made an example out of. He should've known better. The dumb ass will pay dearly for his stupidity and hopefully some smarter people will realize where to draw the line when it comes to choosing their own interests over people's.
dude you're usually the voice of reason in most of the issues we talk about but while I understand the anger of yours and others, I don't really agree with it... everyone can say "we don't know what the circumstances were ..." but the fact is that we do know what they were. They most likely threatened to not let him leave the country or threatened some family member or himself and the guy who is not that familiar with the inner workings of the government probably just got scared and showed up, he doesn't look very happy to be there ... It's definitely not an admirable act and it's pretty cowardly when compared to the dangers everyone else is putting themselves through. BUT it doesn't mean we have to crucify him now ...the fact is that he is there to coach the football team, not be a political personality. I doubt he was at the inaguration because of financial reasons ... anyway, if you guys remember AN never even supported this guy and put Ali Daei in his place last second so I doubt Ghotbi is too fond of AN ... regardless I never cared for him in the first place and all I can say is Viva Ghalenoi and viva blue ...

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
dude you're usually the voice of reason in most of the issues we talk about but while I understand the anger of yours and others, I don't really agree with it... everyone can say "we don't know what the circumstances were ..." but the fact is that we do know what they were. They most likely threatened to not let him leave the country or threatened some family member or himself and the guy who is not that familiar with the inner workings of the government probably just got scared and showed up, he doesn't look very happy to be there ... It's definitely not an admirable act and it's pretty cowardly when compared to the dangers everyone else is putting themselves through. BUT it doesn't mean we have to crucify him now ...the fact is that he is there to coach the football team, not be a political personality. I doubt he was at the inaguration because of financial reasons ... anyway, if you guys remember AN never even supported this guy and put Ali Daei in his place last second so I doubt Ghotbi is too fond of AN ... regardless I never cared for him in the first place and all I can say is Viva Ghalenoi and viva blue ...
I don't think IRI is that desperate or stupid to threaten folks like Ghotbi that if they did not attend the ceremony they would never let him leave Iran. They really have bigger fish to pay attention to for now. However, certainly they invited him, like many others who attended, and perhaps so many others who declined to attend the cermony. Plus remember before the election he thanked AN for his support for TM for giving the state private plane to TM. The link is complete if you see Ghotbi's support in Iranian politics is Habib Kashani who was AN's campaign manager.
Ghotbi agreed to be set by IRI as an exmple of how people should comply, and now he shouldn't complain if people set him as an exmple how they reject traitors.
And please guys, before giving lectures about how irrational/intolerant/uncivilized we are in bashing Ghotbi, ask yourself a simple question: If you had your sister killed or had your brother currently jailed and tortured by IRI, were you going to attend AN's inaguration or feel fine seeing someone who you expected to be in your side in these difficult moments attend that ceremony?

Guess what, we feel Neda and Sohrab and all those brave Iranians who were jailed, beaten up, tortured, raped, and killed were our dear brothers and sisters.

nimnimak_11

Bench Warmer
Aug 6, 2009
For those of you who have facebook, there is a sabze varzeshi thing starting which i've become a fan of. I can't post the url as i don't have 15 posts but this was the last thing on the wall:

This was the last wall post: Sabze Varzeshi سبز ورزشی جنبش سبز در استاديومهاي فوتبال - فردا و پس فردا در شهرهاي تهران، كرمان، اصفهان، همدان، قزوين، بوشهر، اهواز و قم لطفا اطلاع رساني كنيد

So PLEASE SPREAD to those in Iran!