Australia will win the thing

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
They scraped through the group undeservedly. They shouldve lost to Oman as well, but they have snuck through playing rubbish football and cant play any worse. Theyll only get better and in the knockout stages it will be difficult to beat them.

Im sure they will beat Japan and make it to the final and it could be us against them. I just cant see them losing another game, other than on penalties...

Jun 18, 2005
They beat Thailand and all of a sudden they are the favourites again?

Australia will not make it pass the quarterfinals. Japan will send them home.

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
They scraped through the group undeservedly. They shouldve lost to Oman as well, but they have snuck through playing rubbish football and cant play any worse. Theyll only get better and in the knockout stages it will be difficult to beat them.

Im sure they will beat Japan and make it to the final and it could be us against them. I just cant see them losing another game, other than on penalties...
i wouldnt be surprised if they make it to the final...and if we make it to the final. it will be hard game. they have a good record against bigger asian teams, but not so against us. who coulda thought they could lose to iraq? there are other teams that can beat them. japan included.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
their situation is very similar to iran in AC 2004. Iran had a bad group campaign yet barely got through on some lucky goals.

I expect them to be a contender. they are a team of professionals, and even they suck they might manage to get through.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002

Japan will beat them as their performance is also improving!

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
i dont care about ausies.

but the draw is really opening up for iran.

if we finish top (which we should), we will have to battle it out with vietnam, iraq, and D2 team.

while in the other half, u have ausies, japan, and probably saudi, plus china/UZB!

pasha

Ball Boy
Jun 23, 2004
I think Australia will get it's act together and beat Japan. I think if Iran fixes some of its mistakes, we're looking at an Iran-Australia final. And from there anything can happen. Final games are sensitive and tricky, as was proven to be the case in the Copa America final. This draw is the best thing that could've happened to Iran (if we come first in our group that is). Relatviely easy path to the final.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Oh I see. Good to know. What I really I want to know is when hazrate mahdi is making his appearance. Thanks in advance.
LOL, doreye akharo zamun shode. I agree with Babak though. After they won today, I have a bad feeling about them. I see now though that finishing first is crucial.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Aussis main problem was psychological. They came into the tournament with unproven superiority and undeserved confidence. They were brought down to earth but they somehow managed to scape real damage. On papaer they have what it takes to put it together, now that they are back to their senses. Looks like the "over-reacting" of their coach paid off and they won convincignly. Even though they haven't shown much, but from here on I wouldn't underestimate them.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
I do NOT want an Iran-Australia final. Just think about it. It would mean that they have gone from nearly getting eliminated and have defeated Japan (the current champion), and most probably Saudi Arabia or Iraq (revenge), and now in the final, after having come from behind in such a dramatic manner, facing Iran would be like their manifest destiny to win it all. They will be so pumped up and in a final game when both teams are fairly equal, it all comes down to which team wants it bad enough. They really could beat us and then becomes a national tale of epic proportion. I don't think we want them in final anymore.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Yes, Australia and Iran in final. That is what I am looking forward to see...

Iran has to beat South Korea/Bahrain/Saudis/Indonesia.
I have a feeling Korea might make a comeback and be the
second and they will be hard to be beat if so...

Then it is time for Iraq/Vietnam...after that is finals....

For Aussies, the path is harder...going through Japan is
a final in itself...then China/whoever from group D that
is not too difficult especially if Aussies pass Japan and
gain a lot of teamwork from it...

Mind you, Australia, despite their shaky start, look formidable.
The last part of second half time against Thailand was an
indicative on how they can play good football. Thailand was
in real disarray and 3 goals one after another...

Anyhow, lets hope for a quality final win and grab of the cup
after so many years...It will ironic that we got our first
qualification to WC after a long 20 years through Australia.
We will win Asian cup after more than 30 years this time
also through beating Aussies in finals.. :)

buzz

Bench Warmer
May 21, 2003
Ohio
Yup! I think Australia will beat Japan and make it to the final. I think Iran is only team that can stop them. Australia has just too much experience for Asian teams.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
BTW Auzzies beat the hell out of Thailand...
I was impressed with thailand earlier but 4-0 is a pretty good score for ausies...man..

that made iraq sar gorooh, ausies 2 , thai 3 and oman 4

oh... we may face iraq...

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
You guys are looking too much into the score of 4-0 against Thailand. I actually watched the game and if Thai had just a tiny bit of luck and maybe a decent finisher they would've slaughtered Australia!!!!

You have to give aussies credit for sustaining the pressure and scoring the second goal totally against the run of play and from there the thai's crumbled!

The best thing to happen to Australia for the thai game was that over rated [rick Lucas Neil's suspension. I don't know what the fucking deal is with the love affair the aussie media has with this asolute baffoon! Maybe cause he's got an anglo name! He played one good game against Brazil and all of a sudden he becomes the greatest thing since slice bread and there were talks of elevating him to captain!!! Like you need a fucking armband to to trip over Fabian Grosso and cost us the world cup quatres!

His replacement last night Mark Milligan was absolutely superb. Without him Aussies would've conceded atleast 1 or 2 when the game was in the balance! Hope that mercenary prick doesn't walk back into the spot that Milligan by all rights made his own last night!

If Japan enjoy the same amount of possession as thai's had in the second half they'll rip the Aussies a new arsehole! I hope the Aussies do get through though, as I see Japan as our biggest threat. The aussies themselves will only be 90 minutes away from another defeat by the hands of another Middle eastern country!

I said at the beginning of the tournament thay shockeroos play more decent against oriental opposition than they do against middle easterners! KSA will knock them out !
That's my prediction!