Baa Gheirat-ha: Historic Picture of Legendary defender,Jafar Kashani as a Goalkeeper!!!

OldFan

Bench Warmer
Feb 4, 2005
Jafar Kashani was one of the greatest defenders in Iranian football history. Jafar Kashani played as a goalkeeper for Perspolis.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
WOW.........great job,old fan jan......perfect......what a great picture....what I said to you,please stay with us...............

I think this picture belongs to the era,he used to experience the 2nd,game as a goalkeeper for perspolis,right after asian club cup in 1347.........

this picture belongs to the game between,perspolis and oghaab tehran in amjadieh in 1347...........Hossein fekri,was the oghaab coach,and parviz dehdari,as perspolis coach...........in this particular game,AZIZ ASLI, due to not paying his salary by perspolis club,decided not to play for perspolis.....so,Mohammad Booghi,decided to save money for aziz asli(aziz asli,was the most popular player of the time).........he went to the crowd,and asked them to pay money for Aziz Asli.....he saved all his money,from the crowd!!!!!! and deliver it to Aziz asli(can you believe it?)

then,Abdo,asked Aziz Asli,to play for perspolis.............parviz dehdari,who was a great coach with great discpline,decided not to use aziz asli,and asked kashani to stay in the goal!!!!????

kashani,accepted to stay in the goal.....he saved 4 great goals!!!!,and was selected as a man of the match!!!!!!(unbelievable),...while oghab had about 7 national players!!!!

in this particular game,perspolis beat oghab 5-0!!!!,.........the day after,all perspolisi fans,gathered into the club,and asked the authorities,to use kashani as a principal goalkeeper,and aziz asli as his sub!!!!!!!!????????

in his career,,kashani used to play as a goalkeeper 3 times.......first match was for shahin tehran,second match as I said,and third match,was against navard ahvaz in ahvaz,perspolis won this game 2-0,after kashani saved a penalty kick for them.............

one of the strangest thing that happened ,not only,jafar kashani,never conceded any goal in 3 games,but also he saved a penalty kick for perspolis too..............so,fans,judge,who was better,naser hejazi,aziz asli,or jafar kashani!!!!!!!!

OldFan

Bench Warmer
Feb 4, 2005
Kasra jaan,

What do I tell you, you are the king of information! I corrected my post, since I did not know any of this history.

Thanks a lot!!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Dear Kasra,

I would like to thank you for such detailed information. You have one great memory to remember all of this. If you asked me who Iran played in the Asian cup last year I could not tell you!!! Even though I watch all the games..... So vaghean damet garm.. And old fan jaan thank you for the great pics as always. Its a delight to see them.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Kasra jaan,

What do I tell you, you are the king of information! I corrected my post, since I did not know any of this history.

Thanks a lot!!

old fan,jaan,eftekhar-e-man in hast ke shagerd-e-shoma hastam............shoma,sarvar-e hameye ma hastid..............pleaaaaaaaaaaase stay with us..........we love your posts...................

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Dear Kasra,

I would like to thank you for such detailed information. You have one great memory to remember all of this. If you asked me who Iran played in the Asian cup last year I could not tell you!!! Even though I watch all the games..... So vaghean damet garm.. And old fan jaan thank you for the great pics as always. Its a delight to see them.
ostad pooya-aziz............thanks,for your great comment...you must be very humble,and civilized,gentleman,with a distinguished personality.............it is a pleasure having many people like you in this site,.....

Az inke be man ekhtekhar midi,va az man tashkor mikoni besiar sepasgozaram.........

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
wow ! what a story , kashani played 3 games as a goalie and did not concede a goal ?! tremendous ! thanks for sharing it with us Kasra jan .
Taze hala kojayash ra didin.........
oghab jaan,kashani,is the only player in history of Iran,football ,who used to play in all posts!!! as a GK,defender,midfielder!! and forward!!!!!

he played as a nidfielder,in 1348,with pakistan national team invited for a friendly game with perspolis..............perspolis decided to play 4-4-2,so the coach asked him to play as a midfielder,with fereydoon moeini,and actually he did a great job,and with his stamina,perspolis succeded to win the game 2-0!!!!

he played as a forward and striker against zurich swiss in 1349.........after, perpolis was behind 3-1,the perpolis coach,decided to change the system,what he did,he asked kashani,who used to play as a defender,to join to the forwards!!!!,so perspolis played 3-3-4 !!!!!,with 4 strikers,he did a great job,as a striker,he dribbled the opponenet player,and his great pass to behzadi,led to 2nd goal of the perspolis at the night,although,perspolis lost 3-2,but kashani,was amazing as a striker..........

he did the same thing against Australia in 1349,in a friendly game,between,australia,and perspolis,while the team was 2-0 behind,he joined to the strikers,and after dribbling 2 great australian defenders,with his pass,perspolis managed to score a goal!!!!!!!!!!,perspolis lost this game 2-1............

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
It truly saddens me to see where has Iran fallen after facing so many great opponents in the past. Now we are lucky to get a friendly with Jordan and even the likes of Tunisia a year ago or more would have rejected us as well. Back in those days Iran was playing powerhouse after powerhouse and no wonder why they were so great in Asia and even in the world cup of 78. Iran use to qualify to the Olympics and show very decent games. The victory against France in the other post is a huge deal in it self. I have to say it must be much harder for the older generation who actually witnessed and lived during Iran's greatness and now have to see us losing to lowly teams such as Lebanon and getting a loss to Saudi our biggest nemesis in Azadi and tying Qatar there. A true shame if you ask me and how Iran was disgraced in the holy stadium. This regime has brought failure after failure and has sunk Iran to new lows in all aspects. A name that was respected everywhere and you see many wanted to be associated with them and take pictures with them are now running away from them and in certain places even fingerprinted and disrespected.

Vaghean ke Iran chi bood o chi shod

Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
These past few months have been very nostalgic for me personally, and I'm sure many others who lived through those glory days of 60s and 70s and followed clubs and TM through it all. And it is all thanks to Kasra, OldFan, oghab-e-aziz, and a few other lovers of the sport who also possess tremendous power to remember these events in such detail. Thank you guys!

OldFan jaan, are you Emad? If you are, it's great to have you back. If not, I apologize, and it's great to have you here.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Kasra, how the hell do you remember all these stories with such details man? do you have them written down somewhere? or are you seriously saying all this based on memory. some memory dude. what's the trick?

couple of things about the pictures: one is that some of the socks don't match.. lol. but on a serious note, notice how everyone's shirt is tucked in. marhoom dehadari hated it when a player did not tuck his shirt in. He believed that it was disrespectful to other players and specially to the audience.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Kasra, how the hell do you remember all these stories with such details man? do you have them written down somewhere? or are you seriously saying all this based on memory. some memory dude. what's the trick?

couple of things about the pictures: one is that some of the socks don't match.. lol. but on a serious note, notice how everyone's shirt is tucked in. marhoom dehadari hated it when a player did not tuck his shirt in. He believed that it was disrespectful to other players and specially to the audience.
Behzad jan.....if I say,something,then people might take it as I admire myself!!!! but as you asked me,I should answer you,I had a great memory capacity(ofcourse not now!!even I do not remember,what I ate yesterday!!!! ).....but on those days,I had a very great capacity, and talent to memorize everything...believe me or not as I remember,when I studied medicine in medical school,the medical books,were very big,about 300 to 400 or more pages.....could you believe,when I used to study these voluminious books,even I was remembering which article belongs to which page?

for example,if there was a discussion about cancer,I would say,page 332 to 335 discuss about lung cancer!!!!!,even sometimes,our professor,were getting suspicious,I might cheat them..............

I had a capability of photographic memories,and this was my trick.........I was trained when I was a kid,in regard to photographic memories..........and one of the lectures that I should memorize, it,was,sport and keyhan varzeshi....my trainer,was asking me,to see the football pictures,and in 30 seconds,tell him,what are their shirt colors?,(although some pictures were black and white),or which player was bald,or full of hair?and then,he described the game,and when ever I would see,the picture,I should desrcribed him the game too,for example,my trainer,was showing me a picture,who already,had showed me a month ago,,then,he was asking me,tell me all details about the game,so by the time,theses events stayed on my mind..also you can use numbers too,the way he was training me,with numbers too........so all is related to photographic memories,and you can train your memories by this way...............you can ask,mahbod,and real madrid,about me,they know me personally,and they will tell you,all details about me..........

But ,today,is very diferrent from the past,not only,I lost the concentration,and I can not focus on the subjects,as I used to do,but also,I feel,I am really,dump!!,and kodan.......sometimes,even I forget what I did half an hour ago!!!!and then I say myself,yadesh bekheir,oon roozha............

anyway,now,I should think twice,to remember,what I did yesterday!!!!and still does not remember!!!!! any way,khoda nakonad,adam kodan shavad!!!!!! oonvaght bayad mesle man,yek paragraph ra 2 bar bekhanad,va taaze dobare yadash ham beravad!!!

just tell you an example to laugh..I was looking for my eye glasses almost 30 min....every place,and every site,then finally my friend said to me,what are you looking for?I said,my eye glassess,then he said,just watch your self in the mirror,it seems,you put your eye glassess on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????(hal boro baghi-ye- daastan ra bekhan!!!!)

Last edited:

OldFan

Bench Warmer
Feb 4, 2005
These past few months have been very nostalgic for me personally, and I'm sure many others who lived through those glory days of 60s and 70s and followed clubs and TM through it all. And it is all thanks to Kasra, OldFan, oghab-e-aziz, and a few other lovers of the sport who also possess tremendous power to remember these events in such detail. Thank you guys!

OldFan jaan, are you Emad? If you are, it's great to have you back. If not, I apologize, and it's great to have you here.
Footbalist jaan, I am Emad. You are so observant. It is great to have all of you guys here.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Taze hala kojayash ra didin.........
oghab jaan,kashani,is the only player in history of Iran,football ,who used to play in all posts!!! as a GK,defender,midfielder!! and forward!!!!!
Jafar Kashani was practically our only defender in that crucial WCQ 1974 game win against Syria in Amjadiyeh.we played 3-4-3 , but both Ashtiyani & Kargarjam were acting like hound dogs chasing the prey on the 2 flanks.
Kragarjam got rewarded by his late winning goal in that game.what a cracker of a shot that was.watching it live and i almost ran to TV to kiss the screen.:)