Barak Obama; We have to meet Iranian without any precondition

Dec 5, 2004
Old news?
whats old news, this is one of his program for election.
It never can be OLD!

Hilary attacked him for a couple of days ago in Texas, during a TV appearance!
She criticized Barack because he stands for talk with Iranian and Cuban!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Obama and Ahmadinejad are finally in a room sitting across the table. Can someone tell me what the dialog between them will be like? Give us a few lines.

Qahreman

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Obama and Ahmadinejad are finally in a room sitting across the table. Can someone tell me what the dialog between them will be like? Give us a few lines.
If it gets to that they will probably never send AN. They would most likely send Khatami and it would make sense since he is afterall the head of "the institution for dialogue among civilizations". If not Khatami they may send someone else like Larijani or Qalibaf. or they will have obama send some delegates and meet with the above mentioned.

If they get a chance like this it would be a rare opportunity for them so they would make sure not to f' it up.

but then again, who knows.

Oct 1, 2004
If Obama is elected I think they will wait until Iran's presidential elections before the presidents meet.
Otherwise they will probably just have foreign ministers meet.

Oct 20, 2003
Doesn't matter. Pretend they are the ones. What is their dialog like?
I do not why I have a feeling you do not like the prospect of the two countries having a dialog, or normalized relationship.
Who cares who is talking to whom, the fact that the two countries will be willing to talk, resolve their issues and avert unwarrated conflict, is what is important.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I do not why I have a feeling you do not like the prospect of the two countries having a dialog, or normalized relationship.
Who cares who is talking to whom, the fact that the two countries will be willing to talk, resolve their issues and avert unwarrated conflict, is what is important.
I am not trying to be flip. I truly want to know what the issues are between the US and Iran. Those who say let's talk must say what they want to talk about. What are the give and takes? What is on the table for negotiations? What is off limits? What is not a big deal to give up? You don't wanna know these?

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
Iran and the US do plenty of things that they do not want each other to do, and have plenty of things in mind that they would like to see one another do. That's what they would talk about...

Specific issues to answer your Q Flint:

1) bringing order to Iraq, which both nations exert influence on-working together to fix the situation.

2) Iran's nuclear program-to have or not to have? There have been important moments in talks between Iran and European countries on this issue. The US could join in as well.

3) 8 billion dollars in Iranian assets frozen by the US after the Revolution-give it back, damn it.

4) human rights concerns-including the harm US sanctions do to the Iranian people.

5) concerns regarding terrorism-support of Hezbollah vs support of Israel.

6) the war on Drugs: 60 percent of the heroin/opium that leaves Afghanistan leaves through Iran. The UN has praised Iran for its anti-drug efforts, and suggests that other countries learn from it. The US and Iran could share information with the aim of controlling the global drug problem.

7) simply meeting with each other to influence the public image of each government to the people of the respectively opposite nation.

Dec 5, 2004
I don’t give a damn about meeting of specific individuals, what I hope is that the two nations start to talk…… simply talk. The rest of it will come.

Iranian should start with not burning the US flag and bawl “down with USA”!
The US should start with apologize for Coup d'état against Dr. Mohammad Mossadeq on August 19, 1953 (28 - Mordad 1332)!

The world as it is can not afford a dummy like (bush :caveman:) for 8 more years!

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
I don’t give a damn about meeting of specific individuals, what I hope is that the two nations start to talk…… simply talk. The rest of it will come.

Iranian should start with not burning the US flag and bawl “down with USA”!
The US should start with apologize for Coup d'état against Dr. Mohammad Mossadeq on August 19, 1953 (28 - Mordad 1332)!

The world as it is can not afford a dummy like (bush :caveman:) for 8 more years!
well the apology came during the clinton era, from albright herself

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
well the apology came during the clinton era, from albright herself
Exactly! And what did it buy the US? Zilch. They would kill Mosaddegh themselves if they had the chance. Guys, wake up! The last thing IR wants is to kick out the pasdars, spruce up the US Embassy on Takhteh Jamshid avenue, have Stars and Stripes fly high, walk past US Marines posted at the gates, and of corse long line of people camping outside the gates for visas. You see IR is God's gift to humanity to protect them from the US. They give this up and they are left with long gas lines and unemployment.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Didnt Bush govt officials meet IR officials several times during the last 2 years in different countries?

Whether it is Obama, or G.W.Bush or McCain, if it it is US govt's strategy to have diplomatic relationship with IR and keep them in place, there will be so regardless of who the president of USA or Iran is.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Obama is excellent in giving speeches, playing with people feeling, IF he does what he say he is going to, i support him, but for some reason i think Clinton would be better choice, she has more experience ... remember when AN was being elected he said "MAA BE LEBASE ZANA ASAN KARI NADARIM" or KHOMEYNI SAID " MAN HAME CHIZO MAJANI MIKONAM" i hope Obama can deliver what says but somehow i think he cant !

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
Obama is excellent in giving speeches, playing with people feeling, IF he does what he say he is going to, i support him, but for some reason i think Clinton would be better choice, she has more experience ... remember when AN was being elected he said "MAA BE LEBASE ZANA ASAN KARI NADARIM" or KHOMEYNI SAID " MAN HAME CHIZO MAJANI MIKONAM" i hope Obama can deliver what says but somehow i think he cant !
but what promises has he made that you don't feel sure he can deliver? What did he say he is going to do? He just keeps saying he'll bring "change" to Washington, but what does that mean? Possibly nothing more than new curtains for the oval office?