Basketball talk..

Sep 25, 2005
yo all you basketball fans out there i want to get some of your opinion on these issues:

Lebron James how do you rate him and how great can he get?? in my opinion he is no jordan as people were trying to suggest early in his career.

I think Kobe Bryant is hands down the best there is today even at 31, how many more years you think he has in him?

i think until James can lead the cavs to a title, then he can then be considered immortal, but his still a young boy and time is on his side..see what he does...

seems like the lakers are going to do back-to-back this season, i cant see anyone stopping them, but its still early days...

Agree %100 that Lebron James is not even close to MJ, and will never be. This is it and all you get from Lebron James, if Cleveland wants to win they must build around him and it seems like thier GM (I beleive he's Paxon's brother) is not doing a good job, IMO.

Kobe Bryant ......., I have a lot of respect for him, however never liked him nor Lakers !!!! Would love to see him in Chicago !!! after all I'm a Bulls fan.

And Yes, IMO, this is going to be a boring year and Lakers will win all and if free agent goes crazy next year, they might win it again !! who knows?

Last edited:

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
LeBron is better than kobe right now imo.

based on the present:
For a season, I'd want LeBron, if I needed one for only one game, then i'd take Kobe.

LeBron has really made his team better and overacheived a couple times already.

Kobe has such a great supporting cast that you don't really get to see the greatness because he is getting so much rest these days!

I just hate this free agency talk. I hope no one moves and the knicks win the lottery so that Utah can enjoy that steal :)

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Master P is the best player alive ever...

followed by Zach Randolph

on a serious note...apples, oranges, what was Michael Jordan before triangle offense and Pippen? Don't remember him making the finals without Pippen and Tex Winter. On the other hand, he had to battle against Price, Dougherty, Bad Boys, original Birdman etc. without much of a cast.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
alright..I take it back..
1) that monkey
2) master p
[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5grr5_master-p-make-em-say-ugh_music"]Dailymotion - MASTER P - MAKE EM SAY UGH - une vidéo Musique@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5grr5@@AMEPARAM@@x5grr5[/ame]
3) Zach Randolph

Master P is the best player alive ever...

followed by Zach Randolph

on a serious note...apples, oranges, what was Michael Jordan before triangle offense and Pippen? Don't remember him making the finals without Pippen and Tex Winter. On the other hand, he had to battle against Price, Dougherty, Bad Boys, original Birdman etc. without much of a cast.
Westwienmaskulin Jon, why do you say that about Michael Jordan? Do you remember the first year that he joined the Bulls? FYI, Jordan joined a club that finished with a 27-55 mark the previous season and lifted the Bulls to a 38-44 record and a playoff berth for the first time since 1981. Voted a starter in the 1985 All-Star Game, he scored 7 points in 22 minutes. On February 12, he set a club single-game rookie record by pouring in 49 points against the Detroit Pistons. He finished the season with a scoring average of 28.2 points per game (third in the league behind the New York Knicks' Bernard King and the Boston Celtics' Larry Bird) and set Chicago single-season records for points (2,313), field goals (837), free throws (630), free-throw attempts (746), and steals (196). It all added up to an NBA Rookie of the Year Award, a slot on the NBA All-Rookie Team, and a selection to the All-NBA Second Team. Is that enough there ?!! lol :peace:

Sep 25, 2005
Westwienmaskulin Jon, why do you say that about Michael Jordan? Do you remember the first year that he joined the Bulls? FYI, Jordan joined a club that finished with a 27-55 mark the previous season and lifted the Bulls to a 38-44 record and a playoff berth for the first time since 1981. Voted a starter in the 1985 All-Star Game, he scored 7 points in 22 minutes. On February 12, he set a club single-game rookie record by pouring in 49 points against the Detroit Pistons. He finished the season with a scoring average of 28.2 points per game (third in the league behind the New York Knicks' Bernard King and the Boston Celtics' Larry Bird) and set Chicago single-season records for points (2,313), field goals (837), free throws (630), free-throw attempts (746), and steals (196). It all added up to an NBA Rookie of the Year Award, a slot on the NBA All-Rookie Team, and a selection to the All-NBA Second Team. Is that enough there ?!! lol :peace:
I have to agree with mahdi here...

as good as jordan was, he was surrounded by a good team and good players.
Scottie Pippen was a superstar in his own right and add to that phil jackson as coach and you had fire!

nevertheless he is the greatest of ALL time.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
That's not my point...really

In order to win a title, you need 2 superstars. There's not a single team, except for Rockets with only Hakeem(but he faced Knicks with only Ewing and 4 role players) that can win a ring. You need the right cast and most importantly, you need a second starplayer.

Duncan had first Robinson, then he had Ginobili/Parker. Shaq had Kobe, then had Wade. Kobe had Shaq, then Gasol,Bynum,Odom.

Bron however is maybe the first player ever who made the finals without a single team mate worth of being an allstar.
That's why comparing him with Jordan at this point is not really fair.

Whatever you say about Jordan are individual achievements. LeBron has them too, same as Dwyane Wade or even Iverson. fact is that he didn't win jack until he had a second starplayer(Pippen...remember how he held Bulls together even after MJ retired) and a coaching team consisting of Phil Jackson and Tex Winter.

However, I mentioned the fact that back then the east was a bit more competitive than it is now.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
The NBA during the 1990s was the worst decade in the history of the sport. You had maybe a handful of good players.

Michael Jordan
Shaquille O'Neal - Late 90s/Early 2000s
Scottie Pippen
Hakeem Olajuwan
Karl Malone
David Robinson
John Stockton
Patrick Ewing
Charles Barkley
Clyde Drexler
Reggie Miller
Gary Payton

Thats it. It was horrible.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
The NBA during the 1990s was the worst decade in the history of the sport. You had maybe a handful of good players.

Michael Jordan
Shaquille O'Neal - Late 90s/Early 2000s
Scottie Pippen
Hakeem Olajuwan
Karl Malone
David Robinson
John Stockton
Patrick Ewing
Charles Barkley
Clyde Drexler
Reggie Miller
Gary Payton

Thats it. It was horrible.
that was really a dark age of basketball and probably the main reason the game is still suffering. Back then the policies of David Stern to build up certain players but screw others up (Steve Smith as an example) and generally dumb it down really hurt the game.

Sep 25, 2005
yo did you guys catch Kobe's circus shot?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-Y7wFRoEU&feature=popular"]YouTube- 11-22-2009 - Thunder vs. Lakers - Kobe Circus Shot Over The Backboard From Behind The Basket (SD)[/ame]

Sep 25, 2005
farbod why did MJ and why does Kobe wear their sweatbands so high up their arm??
do you know?

its just so uncomfortable!!
unless its a big sweatband..

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I used to hate Kobe for his cocky attitude and his flashy side.

now i have all the respect for the guy...although he has a good support cast but the he has stepped up his game too. the ball game is not just about scoring but rebounds, assists, and most importantly the plays you make that dont directly appear on the stat board.
Kobe is doing them all and he does it efficiently.

Lebron is a great player but he needs 1-2 years to mature. we should compare him to jordan or kobe at that time.

this season Portland is playing some fundumental ball game.( i said fundumental not exciting. they probably wont go further than conference finals but they are a team to watch.

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
all LeBron is doing right now is bringing profit for Nike, while Kobe is filling up his fingers with rings..

Gasol, Bynum, Odum as superstars on the team? PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

the reason why they're all playing good is because they got a great leader

Sep 25, 2005
all LeBron is doing right now is bringing profit for Nike, while Kobe is filling up his fingers with rings..

you don't rate Gasol a superstar?!!
c'mon man...thats a poor call!
btw its Odom and its Fischer, Kobe is the best no doubt..

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002

Gasol is an all-star and gives the team 20-10 games easily. Plus he is one of the best big men available for triangle offense because he grew up with it in Spain. He also played good before at Grizzlies. Odom would be a starter on any team in the NBA, except for Celtics.
Fact is that Kobe has the best supporting cast anyone has in the NBA.

LeBron got what? Mo Williams and Shaq? Who else from Cleveland would even make the 9 men rotation at Lakers?

Sep 25, 2005
Gasol is an all-star and gives the team 20-10 games easily. Plus he is one of the best big men available for triangle offense because he grew up with it in Spain. He also played good before at Grizzlies. Odom would be a starter on any team in the NBA, except for Celtics.
Fact is that Kobe has the best supporting cast anyone has in the NBA.

LeBron got what? Mo Williams and Shaq? Who else from Cleveland would even make the 9 men rotation at Lakers?
anderson varejao..but i get your point...