BATTLE OF PERSIA!!

AMirza

IPL Player
Mar 19, 2004
Good post siavosh -
but the fact remains - Homafars were great but not great enough to get a 2 years in America - and that is why they revolted. Maybe you are right - maybe their revolt was because of them beeing pissed at some redneck american behavior - but why Khomeini ? why akhoonds ? How low do we tend to get, when pissed !!???

Dec 12, 2002
usa
as a matter of fact i used to work with 2 of them ,they both had a job like driving the buses for the company ,both over 40 years couldn;t get a related job because their eyesight was not good enough , trully struggling with family living in usa . both wnderful humble human being .

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Deerouz jAn,
Dejavou all over again!!
The guy on the second pic with big mustache (kneeling on the bottom row) is one my good friends. His name is Davoud Sabzevari an avid CH-47 pilot from Hava Neerouz. During a penetrating operation (deep into enemy territory at night) his chopper and all the warriors in it were ambushed and captured by Iraqis and taken POW. He is back home now, safe and sound.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Dear Motori,

Glad to know that Mr. Sabzevari is safe and back home with the family. He and other pilots are the true heros of our nation.

BTW I truly enjoyed your fantastic stories from the war time. Brought back lots of memories.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
deerouz said:
Dear Motori,

Glad to know that Mr. Sabzevari is safe and back home with the family. He and other pilots are the true heros of our nation.

BTW I truly enjoyed your fantastic stories from the war time. Brought back lots of memories.
You are very welcome Deerouz Arjmand, always.

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
AMirza said:
Homafars were the ones who betrayed Iran. They were the first of the Iranian armed forces to join the revolution. I don't know the details of their connection to the armed forces - they may have been a sub of the air force or a special helicopter support section - but far far different level than a Royal Iranian Air Force pilot.
I recall in the early 70's there were hundreds of Iranian AF pilots training in San Antonio, Texas, alone. They were very well respected. There was more of them stationed in Virginia - I think they all had to go through a couple of years of training in USA alone. I am not a bit surprised by the 5:1 ratio motori mentioned - I fully expected it.
Homafars were part of the IRANIAN air force and the pride of Iran for their brave GHEEYAM with small arms fire against the Guard troops who were armed to the teeth. The second mistake in your post is using the term "Royal" Iranian Air force. It was PROVEN to be the Iranian airforce and no more, no less. The rank and file pilots and even their commanders, except for the highest level "general"s (read Dozd and Khaen's) stood together with the vast majority of Iranian people against the Shah's tyranny. History has shown that Iranian peoples desire for freedom was denied by the regime that followed, but this does not take away from the bravery of the Homafars and all other brave civilians who went in streets against tanks, and guns and won our nation's short lived freedom.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Hi All,
I found some information in this site. Don't know any thing about the site or how credible the report is. Judge it yourself. Check the HOME as well it looks like Media related group.
When you finish viewing the chart scroll down to see some foot-note and color codes.
Also you will see a name All e Agha which actually is Ale Agha and I checked Iranian Air Force site and they also spell Ale instead of Ali. He was an avid F-14 Ace pilot with many Iraf (Iraqi air force) kill under his belt. He was the second and last F-14 Fatality when he crashed in Persian Gulf due to technical difficulties. Check it out and see what do you think.

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_210.shtml

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
AMirza said:
Homafars were the ones who betrayed Iran.
Amirza jAn,
I don't think that is a valid argument. I have worked with these ppl first hand. They were all educated and highly specialized aviation personnel eventhough they were in uniform they did not have any military authority or any commanding position just aircraft technician in military uniform.

When khomeini's plane appeared in the skies of Tehran General Rabiei, Mehdyoun, Jahanbaani, Berenjian, Khosrowdad and many other Shahdoost and meehanparast generals were still in power and every single one them had authority to order a counter measure against this aircraft and if their subordinate would refuse to carry out the order they could do it themselves since they were all ace air force pilots and 2 of them actually served in Golden Crown Acrojet team. Did they betray Iran too?? Or just do nothing and be a sitting duck so bunch of akhoond could arrest them and put some LEAD in their faces.
Problem with Homafars was that they were all YOUNG since it was a very newly established airforce branch started in 1348. So if we presume majority of them were signed in at the age of 18 (after completion of high school) then OLDEST Homafar would be 26. Like many other young ppl in Iran they thought it is Fun to go in the streets torch some tires, overturn couple of Paykan and make lot of noise. JMHO

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
Motori said:
Amirza jAn,

Problem with Homafars was that they were all YOUNG since it was a very newly established airforce branch started in 1348. So if we presume majority of them were signed in at the age of 18 (after completion of high school) then OLDEST Homafar would be 26. Like many other young ppl in Iran they thought it is Fun to go in the streets torch some tires, overturn couple of Paykan and make lot of noise. JMHO
!!! they did not just torch some tires. They started an armed uprising against the Guard neemcheh- javeedan, culminating in street to street gun battles, other armed groups such as Mojaheddin and Fadaeeyan joined them in the armed uprising and this is what finally broke the camel's back. JMHO is that you are badly mistaken on this issue!! and I wonder where you came up with your dismissive of a couple of paykans when they actually crushed the morale and fighting spirit of the already dazed and confused agents of last resort, the Guard troops....

Feb 22, 2005
The propaganda against Shah was too stong. And US and England were certainly very much involved. Surely they had hired some of these people. Why such a strong army did not make a coup when Shah left was certainly due to the US generals telling them not to do it. Otherwise, it makes sense that the rest of military would have supported whichever group would have put a stop to the crisis. But it could have also been due to Shah putting less incompetent people in power being afraid of them, after the military brought him to power with coup against Mossadegh.