BBC interview with HIM Reza Pahlavi (15 December, 2009)

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood:

FYI,

Listen to what is being said and decide on your own. :)

Also, pay attention to types of Qs by BBC!!! Why is this guy staying with the past at this time that our youth are passed that and what came after it?!!

MAARMULAK BAAZY SEFAT BBC BOODEH VA HAST!!

BTW, do not forget that I want him for Iran not the other way around.

http://sv.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2eygw02&s=6

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
^ His Imperial Majesty.

Also, pay attention to types of Qs by BBC!!! Why is this guy staying with the past at this time that our youth are passed that and what came after it?!!
MAARMULAK BAAZY SEFAT BBC BOODEH VA HAST!!
Actually, I think the BBC interviewer was spot on. One can not move forward without coming to terms with the past. I actually noticed that he did not mention the pre-revolution Iran as a totalitarian regime, before the question was even asked. This is the definition of totaliranism from Wiki:

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state, usually under the control of a single political organization, faction, or class domination, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.

If you or RP have still not come to term with the pre-revolution Iran being "totalitarian", I'm not sure how "agaah" you are about the Iranian people and nation, their wants and what they're fighting for - with all due repsect. At least, he does go on to put some of the blame on the "nezam" at the time, which is a good start. Hopefully you can learn to do the same.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Thanx Oldman Jaan -
I like the fact that he says he is following a NATIONALISTIC agenda and not a POLITICAL agenda. I truely believe he is sincere - I don't think he will ever accept a role (monarch or anything else) even if he was offered the role - and quiet frankly, I do not blame him.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Masoud jaan, frankly I have a problem accepting that he's following any type of agenda at all. He just shows up for interviews and looks pretty - his political knowledge is far less than those in Iran that are actually fighting for freedom and hardly comes close to the top 25% on this board.

As such, I have absolutely no idea why he should recieve any more status or spotlight than many other people and why we have to read about him every two to three days. His press releases are always a couple of steps behind Mousavis, which itself a step behind the movement at this point (and has been for a while).

I'm not saying he can't help, of course he can, but he's got to get with the program and come to terms with what is happening. If he wants to follow a nationalistic agenda, that's the first thing he needs to do. In reality, he has not even done as much as you or I. At least we're here spreading the news, discussing issues, etc. everyday and we sure do not need to be called His Imperiam Majesty to do any of this! ;)

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Im sorry but I have to say it. People that support RP or think that the Shah's regime was a proper form of government, are no better than AN supporters today. They line their pockets and make excuses for the corrupt regime because it's in their best interest. An argument I hear is that under the Shah's regime, Iran was seen as a prosperous nation and didn't have the reputation it has today. One, that is not saying much. Two, is it worth having a good reputation at the cost of real political freedom, legitimate government, and opportunity for all citizens to lead a prosperous life?

^ His Imperial Majesty.

Actually, I think the BBC interviewer was spot on. One can not move forward without coming to terms with the past. I actually noticed that he did not mention the pre-revolution Iran as a totalitarian regime, before the question was even asked. This is the definition of totaliranism from Wiki:

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state, usually under the control of a single political organization, faction, or class domination, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.

If you or RP have still not come to term with the pre-revolution Iran being "totalitarian", I'm not sure how "agaah" you are about the Iranian people and nation, their wants and what they're fighting for - with all due repsect. At least, he does go on to put some of the blame on the "nezam" at the time, which is a good start. Hopefully you can learn to do the same.

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood:‬‪‬‪Totalitarian?!‬‪I am glad that you made it a “conditional statement” so you would not assume on your own.‬‪Na Jaanam, in my opinion, Shah’s regime was a totalitarian one more on political issues than social and economical sides.‬‪‬‪I ask you to read the book called GOFT-O-GOOHAA by Mirfetros to perhaps have more Aagaahi on totalitarianism under Shah.*** Dr. Mirfetros is a CHAP AAGAAH in my book.*** He was the one that Golsorkhi did look up to.‬‪He has a few books that would really help one to know more about Shah & Iran together so conclusions are not misleading.‬‪BTW, have you read Khaateraat Hadj Sayaah?*** It is yet another book that we all need to read to know WHY Iran ended up in a totalitarian system.‬‪Hope this helps and above all, I hope that the books and authors I introduce to you get the right attention.*** I am not trying to use these books to convert anyone or influence but help YOU to help Iran in better way that YOU can come up with.‬‪Hope this is clear though I know a few would just use their emotion to reply to me which is fine as I chalk it up against their NAA AAGAAHI ;)‬‪‬

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I franky hope His Imperial Majesty would sit that Imperial ass in his home and not pollute political waters with his and his friends presence.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Masoud jaan, frankly I have a problem accepting that he's following any type of agenda at all.
BiHonar Jaan - He has a very significant followership both inside and outside Iran - and he is standing next to Green. That is all that should be important. Right now it's all about this movement. Let's not allow ourselves to be derailed into offside discussions. Despite the BBC reporters agenda - even in this particular interview he is still pushing the Green agenda.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
BiHonar Jaan - He has a very significant followership both inside and outside Iran - and he is standing next to Green. That is all that should be important. Right now it's all about this movement. Let's not allow ourselves to be derailed into offside discussions. Despite the BBC reporters agenda - even in this particular interview he is still pushing the Green agenda.
When you were a kid playing sports, do you remember the fat uncoordinated kid that was always picked last? Do you remember how he made his team worse than if he never played at all? Well, RP is that fat uncoordinated kid when it comes to politics...

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood

Having a hidden agenda is different than nationalistic agenda

Everyone of us who exchanges on issues (politics, social and economy) related to iran have nationalistic love and that could evolve into a nationalistic agenda which is not bad but it is GOOD!!

P.S.
I sometimes use my handheld device to post here and boy it is hard to see on a small screen if there are any misspelled words. So if you run into them, I appologize in advance.

Last edited:

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
At the risk of sounding pedantic, lest we forget nationalism is dangerous and harmful; but I hope we can all be patriots. There is a subtle, but fundamental difference. One who is nationalistic will sacrifice all things and all countries for the benefit of his perceived "nationalism", a patriot on the other hand loves his country at the expense of none other. A patriot will sacrifice of his own resources, time and energy, not of others. Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao were all nationalists; Gandhi on the other hand was a patriot. Be patriots not nationalists!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Masoud jaan, I don't know what you consider "significant", but since the elections, when there has been outpouring of support and emotions for the likes of Mousavi, Karroubi, Khatami and even Rafi and the unknowns like Tavvakoli, and pictures have been held up and ripped up by people from all walks of life, young or old, I neither have seen, nor heard of a single reference to RP. Hell, it was nice to see the Iranian flag without the Allah in it, but still no shiro-khorsheed (which coicidentally I think was and is a beautfiul flag if HIM's supporters had not given it such a bad name during the demonstrations in DC). ;)

I also don't know why you say he's standing next to the "Green". If by Green, you mean Mousavi and Karroubi (which Mousavi explicitly pulled himself out of today - as the leader), then I don't see any commanlity in the goals. If by Green you mean the people's movement, then you and I are standing with the Greens and so are millions of other Iranians. My question was, and remains, what makes him any more special than the rest of us?!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Ba dorood:‬‪‬‪Totalitarian?!‬‪I am glad that you made it a “conditional statement” so you would not assume on your own.‬‪Na Jaanam, in my opinion, Shah’s regime was a totalitarian one more on political issues than social and economical sides.‬‪‬‪I ask you to read the book called GOFT-O-GOOHAA by Mirfetros to perhaps have more Aagaahi on totalitarianism under Shah.*** Dr. Mirfetros is a CHAP AAGAAH in my book.*** He was the one that Golsorkhi did look up to.‬‪He has a few books that would really help one to know more about Shah & Iran together so conclusions are not misleading.‬‪BTW, have you read Khaateraat Hadj Sayaah?*** It is yet another book that we all need to read to know WHY Iran ended up in a totalitarian system.‬‪Hope this helps and above all, I hope that the books and authors I introduce to you get the right attention.*** I am not trying to use these books to convert anyone or influence but help YOU to help Iran in better way that YOU can come up with.‬‪Hope this is clear though I know a few would just use their emotion to reply to me which is fine as I chalk it up against their NAA AAGAAHI ;)‬‪‬
Oldman jaan, to understand Picasso, you can go and read a dozen books on his life and without doubt, they will contain valuable information about him. However, to be a fan of Picasso, all you need to do is look at his work. The same is true of the Shah and RP. Now, that's worth putting some thought and chalk into! ;)

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Masoud jaan, I don't know what you consider "significant", but since the elections, when there has been outpouring of support and emotions for the likes of Mousavi, Karroubi, Khatami and even Rafi and the unknowns like Tavvakoli, and pictures have been held up and ripped up by people from all walks of life, young or old, I neither have seen, nor heard of a single reference to RP. Hell, it was nice to see the Iranian flag without the Allah in it, but still no shiro-khorsheed (which coicidentally I think was and is a beautfiul flag if HIM's supporters had not given it such a bad name during the demonstrations in DC). ;)

I also don't know why you say he's standing next to the "Green". If by Green, you mean Mousavi and Karroubi (which Mousavi explicitly pulled himself out of today - as the leader), then I don't see any commanlity in the goals. If by Green you mean the people's movement, then you and I are standing with the Greens and so are millions of other Iranians. My question was, and remains, what makes him any more special than the rest of us?!
I could not put this better. What an excellent post. A leader must not only have the charisma and intelligence to lead, but he must also have credibility. Something that RP has NEVER bothered to build, be it through education, charitable causes, courageous achievements, or tangible accomplishments...

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Meehandoost Jaan,

This was great:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, lest we forget nationalism is dangerous and harmful; but I hope we can all be patriots. There is a subtle, but fundamental difference. One who is nationalistic will sacrifice all things and all countries for the benefit of his perceived "nationalism", a patriot on the other hand loves his country at the expense of none other. A patriot will sacrifice of his own resources, time and energy, not of others. Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao were all nationalists; Gandhi on the other hand was a patriot. Be patriots not nationalists!

For once, I learned something from you.
With all due respect, this is a shock to me as always you too had preached and preached and preached and considered everyone NAA-AAGAAH as our friends Oldman and GP do, both in words and in attitude.

Anyhow, above post was GOLD. Thanks for that.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
When you were a kid playing sports, do you remember the fat uncoordinated kid that was always picked last? Do you remember how he made his team worse than if he never played at all? Well, RP is that fat uncoordinated kid when it comes to politics...
And boy, our fat kid could have been a great spectator and his loud voice would have given us all support we needed!

But I am not sure that RP, on the contrary, is even counter productive even as a spectator!