BBC: Iran president Ahmadinejad accepts nuclear deal terms

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
hope this is not a misunderstanding as it was the case with BBC's recent news about "Karoubi accepting AN's election",etc!! and hope its not a dirty political agreement bn IR and USA-EU..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8494772.stm

Iran president Ahmadinejad accepts nuclear deal terms

Iran's president has said it is ready to send its enriched uranium abroad for further enrichment under a deal to ease concerns about its nuclear programme.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told state TV that Iran would have "no problem" if most of its stock was held for several months before being returned as fuel rods.
Correspondents say that such a decision would be a major shift in Tehran's position.
The US said that if this was a new offer, it was "prepared to listen".
Last month, diplomats said Iran had informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that it did not accept the terms of the deal and had instead demanded a simultaneous exchange on its territory.
The US and its allies fear Iran is attempting to develop nuclear weapons. Iran insists its nuclear programme is entirely peaceful.
'Definitive answer'
The deal agreed in October between Iran, the IAEA and the so-called P5+1 - the US, Russia, China, UK, France plus Germany - envisaged Iran sending about 70% of its low-enriched uranium to Russia and France, where it would be processed into fuel for a research reactor.
If we send our enriched uranium abroad and then they do not give us the 20% enriched fuel for our reactor, we are capable of producing it inside Iran

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

But for months, Iranian officials publicly criticised the terms and said they were unwilling to export the uranium without simultaneously receiving fuel in return. The proposal proved unacceptable to the West.
But in a television interview on Tuesday, President Ahmadinejad dismissed the concerns of his "colleagues" that the West would not return the uranium, saying Iran would respond by producing more.
"We have no problem sending our enriched uranium abroad," he said.
"We say: We will give you our 3.5% enriched uranium and will get the fuel. It may take four to five months until we get the fuel.
"If we send our enriched uranium abroad and then they do not give us the 20% enriched fuel for our reactor, we are capable of producing it inside Iran."

In an initial reaction to Mr Ahmadinejad's comments, US state department spokesman P J Crowley said the US was "not prepared to change the deal. We are not interested in renegotiating it".
In a later response, a White House official told the BBC: "If Mr Ahmadinejad's comments reflect an updated Iranian position, we look forward to Iran informing the IAEA."
The official added: "If Iran has something new to say, we are prepared to listen."
BBC Tehran correspondent Jon Leyne, reporting from London, says that even now there will be scepticism over whether this Iranian change of heart really means anything.
The US is pressing hard for new sanctions against Iran because of the nuclear programme, so this could well just be a case of the Iranian government playing for time, trying to weaken forces lined up against it, he says.
Hikers
In his interview, Mr Ahmadinejad also said there were ongoing negotiations about a possible prisoner swap for several Iranians jailed in the US for the three American hikers currently being held in Iran.
"There are some talks under way to have an exchange, if it is possible," he said. "We are hopeful that all prisoners will be released."

Mr Ahmadinejad did not mention any specifics, but in December Tehran released a list of 11 Iranians it says are being held in US prisons, including a nuclear scientist who disappeared in Saudi Arabia and a former defence ministry official who vanished in Turkey. The US has denied any knowledge of their whereabouts.
"I had said I would help in releasing them, but the attitude of some of the US officials damages the job," he said. "There are a large number of Iranians in prison in the US. They have abducted some of our citizens in other countries."
However, US National Security Council spokesman Mike Hammer told Agence France-Presse news agency: "We have not entered into any discussion with Iran about an exchange."
The three Americans - Shane Bauer, Sarah Shourd and Josh Fattal - were hiking in Iraq's northern Kurdistan region in July when they accidentally crossed the border, their families have said. Iranian prosecutors say they have been accused of spying.
Earlier, US Vice-President Joe Biden warned that Iran's leaders were "sowing the seeds of their own destruction" by suppressing the opposition protests that followed the disputed re-election of Mr Ahmadinejad in June.
"The people of Iran are thinking about, the very people marching, they're thinking about regime change," he told MSNBC.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
This is just another example of backroom deals with Russia by IRI. As much as these bastards crow about the previous regime's strings being pulled by the west, these monkeys fellate the Russians on a daily basis. When will we stop whoring out our country to world powers?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This is just another example of backroom deals with Russia by IRI. As much as these bastards crow about the previous regime's strings being pulled by the west, these monkeys fellate the Russians on a daily basis. When will we stop whoring out our country to world powers?
I'm afraid never, so with that said, I rather see Iran whored out to super-powers that are based in civilized/progressive countries instead of Russia/China.

Feb 17, 2009
iran should never be dependant on any country, even US
why not use the US for the advancement of the country and milk them out and be independent at the same time, not independent in terms of challenging the whole world, no, a independent political system that only works for the benefit of the nation, we need such a iran, no east, no west

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
for the fifteenth fucking time.

in a week's time he ll shit all over IEAE. What a circus clown.

This was repeatedly done by Iraq concerning inspectors in the 90s and ended up in the west pulverizing all their strategic army flashpoints in the name of destroying missile sites and WMD sites.

I see these shi-te cunts heading the same way.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
iran should never be dependant on any country, even US
why not use the US for the advancement of the country and milk them out and be independent at the same time, not independent in terms of challenging the whole world, no, a independent political system that only works for the benefit of the nation, we need such a iran, no east, no west
Too many traitors exist for that to happen for now. Maybe in a millennium or two.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
I told you guys a long time ago that with Obama administration the main issue is and will always be the nuclear situation. The people of Iran are not important to this current or any US administration. This would be a big win for Obama in terms of his foreign policy and screws Iranian for the sake of a back room deal. Hala come on here and make a hero out of Obama again :(

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I told you guys a long time ago that with Obama administration the main issue is and will always be the nuclear situation. The people of Iran are not important to this current or any US administration. This would be a big win for Obama in terms of his foreign policy and screws Iranian for the sake of a back room deal. Hala come on here and make a hero out of Obama again :(
When your own house is on fire you dont really give a shit if a neighbors house has a termite problem. If the US was in decent shape, maybe he would act differently. Is Iran helping the US with their economy? Shit man, people expect Obama to fly over and save the day...

"A big foreign policy win" is pretty low on the US priority list right now.

No one acts selflessly in this world. No one. We must help ourselves.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
When your own house is on fire you dont really give a shit if a neighbors house has a termite problem. If the US was in decent shape, maybe he would act differently. Is Iran helping the US with their economy? Shit man, people expect Obama to fly over and save the day...

Gotta say I realize more and more that you are one of the smarter members of this site. I completely agree with you once more.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
This has and should have little to do with inside of Iran and the green movement. Besides, after all the hart-o poort in the past years accepting this proposal is a big sell out on their part and should even hurt them more, because this was initially proposed ages ago but they refused to sign because it would undermine Iran's independence and what not(ask R_E_Z_A, he knows better why this is no good).
So, it may help IR with regards to foreign relations but that's it.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Gotta say I realize more and more that you are one of the smarter members of this site. I completely agree with you once more.
The great thing about this community is that we have a lot of really smart people. Im not just talking about their education. Philosophically and logically we have some really amazing people here. I learn things every time I visit. Its what has kept me coming back for 12 years...

I just tend to be one of the more obnoxious ones ;)

And thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002

No one acts selflessly in this world. No one. We must help ourselves.
Actually the foreign win is a big win for this administration. The economy issue will not be solved anytime soon and everyone knows that. But a win, in this case a submission of Iran to the will of the US and G8 which is how the media will spin this news, will indeed be a big win for Obama. Just look how fast the media will take this news and run with it for days.

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
The people of Iran getting screwed 6 ways from Sunday.

When the revolution succeeds, we will make sure the 20% enriched Uranium is shoved up Khamenei's ass before we use him as fuel for the unfinished nuclear reactor in Bushehr.
Or better yet, we'll put Khamenei, AN, along with turtles, worms, snakes, spiders, mosquitos, bullcrap, etc on a space shuttle fueled by Uranium and send them to space for research :D

IR in Space

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
This has and should have little to do with inside of Iran and the green movement. Besides, after all the hart-o poort in the past years accepting this proposal is a big sell out on their part and should even hurt them more, because this was initially proposed ages ago but they refused to sign because it would undermine Iran's independence and what not(ask R_E_Z_A, he knows better why this is no good).
So, it may help IR with regards to foreign relations but that's it.
Pretty much. I have a feeling Russia, China, and France put the pressure on for this to happen. For all AN's rhetoric, it comes down to the length of the leash these counties permit.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Actually the foreign win is a big win for this administration. The economy issue will not be solved anytime soon and everyone knows that. But a win, in this case a submission of Iran to the will of the US and G8 which is how the media will spin this news, will indeed be a big win for Obama. Just look how fast the media will take this news and run with it for days.

alright, but how is this any good for AN and IR?
the fact that Obama looks stronger in foreign policy is given, but if we say that this is a zero-sum game, someone needs to lose too, no?

Pretty much. I have a feeling Russia, China, and France put the pressure on for this to happen. For all AN's rhetoric, it comes down to the length of the leash these counties permit.
that's kind of the point. The proposal was on the table since October, but it was similar to the one from Khatami era which they refused and was too little. Now after all these years of back and forth, they accept a previously unacceptable proposal. What's the political gain IR can get from this, except that there will definitely be no sanctions that will cripple the country's economy for good and they will not face a military attack?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Or better yet, we'll put Khamenei, AN, along with turtles, worms, snakes, spiders, mosquitos, bullcrap, etc on a space shuttle fueled by Uranium and send them to space for research :D

IR in Space
See, now I'm thinking about this, and wondering if there could be any objection.

It can't be called inhumane cuz it's not. It's not an execution cuz no one is killing anyone. We're simply sending a few people and other things up in the air with the best intentions: To create an Islamic Republic outside the Earth's orbit. What's wrong with that?

It won't be against the law I bet! :--confuse

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
With all due respect its not about solving the economic issue. Its about concentrating on it and showing any sign of improvement. The average American doesnt care about Iran. Mostly right now. For the US to have any real effect on Iran, they must commit a good amount of resources and attention with very low probability of a return. All for a public perception win? That would be stupid from an American standpoint. I know in your heart you want it to happen, but logically it makes very little sense for Obama to do absolutely anything right now.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
that's kind of the point. The proposal was on the table since October, but it was similar to the one from Khatami era which they refused and was too little. Now after all these years of back and forth, they accept a previously unacceptable proposal. What's the political gain IR can get from this, except that there will definitely be no sanctions that will cripple the country's economy for good and they will not face a military attack?
I dont think its a political win. If anything its a loss.