BBC: Iran president Ahmadinejad accepts nuclear deal terms

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
IR will make friends with Israel, get rid of the nuclear (energy) program completely and bend over backwards for every fucking superpower, as long as it can stay in charge.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
alright, but how is this any good for AN and IR?
the fact that Obama looks stronger in foreign policy is given, but if we say that this is a zero-sum game, someone needs to lose too, no?

that's kind of the point. The proposal was on the table since October, but it was similar to the one from Khatami era which they refused and was too little. Now after all these years of back and forth, they accept a previously unacceptable proposal. What's the political gain IR can get from this, except that there will definitely be no sanctions that will cripple the country's economy for good and they will not face a military attack?
Well if the US now starts to negotiate, ease sanctions, make back room deals, all of these are fairly good points that can help AN and IRI in the short term.
If the strong sanctions where to be placed on Iran, IRI would be in deep shit. This can be a pretty bad situation for the Green movement for the near future :(

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Well if the US now starts to negotiate, ease sanctions, make back room deals, all of these are fairly good points that can help AN and IRI in the short term.
If the strong sanctions where to be placed on Iran, IRI would be in deep shit. This can be a pretty bad situation for the Green movement for the near future :(
Sure. But these things help the US as well or else they wouldnt be doing them. The positives from working with these monkeys for the time being is more of a sure thing and more beneficial than banking on the green movement or any positive publicity spin that can be won. Its not what we want, but we shouldnt expect anything different.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Sure. But these things help the US as well or else they wouldnt be doing them. The positives from working with these monkeys for the time being is more of a sure thing and more beneficial than banking on the green movement or any positive publicity spin that can be won. Its not what we want, but we shouldnt expect anything different.
farbod jan,

I am in agreement with you. What I am saying is that many Iranians were under the false impression that Obama and his admin was going to be a fresh air as far as Iran and US relationship was concerned. The issue that I brought up from the get go was that this is in fact a misnomer. I brought up the issue of Obama because he could have made a huge difference in terms of supporting the people of Iran by putting extra pressure on IRI, but as usual the path that was chosen was a path that hurt the Iranian people. My post was intended for those that were convinced that with Obama we would see a better future for Iran and I just wanted to remind them to NOT FALL for the HYPE :)

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
farbod jan,

I am in agreement with you. What I am saying is that many Iranians were under the false impression that Obama and his admin was going to be a fresh air as far as Iran and US relationship was concerned. The issue that I brought up from the get go was that this is in fact a misnomer. I brought up the issue of Obama because he could have made a huge difference in terms of supporting the people of Iran by putting extra pressure on IRI, but as usual the path that was chosen was a path that hurt the Iranian people. My post was intended for those that were convinced that with Obama we would see a better future for Iran and I just wanted to remind them to NOT FALL for the HYPE :)
I dont know how you got this impression. Obama only said he would talk to Iran. Nothing to do with the Iranian people or the green movement. He said that calling Iran an evil nation or threatening them was counter productive. He has actually done exactly what he promised. Talked openly and promised Iran an audience if they wanted to talk. He has negotiated and tried to work with the current regime. I think what your saying was a private dream shared by many Iranians, including myself. But this is fantasy, not a plausible reality. Trust me, Obama is rooting for the greens, but thats about all he can do.

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
the revolution will continue,no matter what. however they are doing this to stop big pubilicites by west media during 22 bahman and after .plus to stop sanction .recently europe put them on pressure,humialated their ambassador and regime didn't do damn thing .for akhounds to saty in power is everythings .but people of iran will win .

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
AN Goh Khord -
He is like an antar who dances with the tunes of his Looti - and his looti is not even Iranian. :--biggrin

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
when this piece shit motaki spoke with fareed zekria i knew it is coiming ,today i saw this obama meeting in senate and baxter and fienstien kknew some bad news will come out .these two women biggest supporter of khound regime .

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Alright, I hear you, but how?

I mean, after all, they were saying that US and UK are behind green movement, US and UK are evil, this and that, and now they arrange a deal with US on nuclear issue.

nevermind everything said before.

Like I said, for IRI this is just a move to become internationally legitimate and the sanctions that exist right now were BS anyway, see this Bloomberg article as an example.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=av5smtYe_DDA&pos=14

So that won't change much...except that the money flow out of Iran will get normal again after what happened in last months.

For whatever happens inside of Iran, this is rather irrelevant.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Certain elements in the west need a lulu in the middle east to justify large military spendings - and what uglier lulu than AN ? A lulu who is now shooting mooshaks into space!!!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
AN said this before after a while the sepah came in and said AN goh khord. They just want to buy time. Watch how KH will come out and say no concessions. AN has no credibility. Now if Kh says something to this effect or even a sepah head honcho I would take it more seriously.

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
This is just another example of backroom deals with Russia by IRI. As much as these bastards crow about the previous regime's strings being pulled by the west, these monkeys fellate the Russians on a daily basis. When will we stop whoring out our country to world powers?
not just Russia, Farbod. USA-EU are in it together in preferring to "Negotiate" with IR rather than "sanction" it. specially U.S here. As u know, bc of severe U.S sanctions on Iran already, and EU taking full advantage of this in the past 3 decades, to sell American goods/services via their own EU countries(read huge amount $ of contract commissions), now USA, with current horrible state of Economy, wants a share of a pie here too, just like EU.

so for Obama, unfortunately, Keeping IR in power and negotiating with them Although he prob knows IR is funding all major Terrorist groups(hell even Tony Blair admitted it on "Iraq Inquiry in UK" few days ago that "we, U.S/UK did not anticipate IR and Al Qaeda's partnership against USA troops in Iraq!), so in terms of "security for all Americans and Western countries in general", Obama prob knows having IR in power would actually endanger their internal security..
but I guess at this time, recession is so severe in USA that Obama Administration prioritized "Economic advantage of keeping IR" than "overthrowing IR bc of their world-wide terrorist activities aimed specifically at USA"..
which is sad, but hey u cant really change U.S President's mind that easily can u?!lol :( ;)

I told you guys a long time ago that with Obama administration the main issue is and will always be the nuclear situation. The people of Iran are not important to this current or any US administration. This would be a big win for Obama in terms of his foreign policy and screws Iranian for the sake of a back room deal. Hala come on here and make a hero out of Obama again :(
Took words out of my mouth Kambiz jan..:) love it how insightful ppl living in USA(ur a great example here!), have become about current Administration's flaws in decision-making sometimes(if not always!)..

When your own house is on fire you dont really give a shit if a neighbors house has a termite problem. If the US was in decent shape, maybe he would act differently. Is Iran helping the US with their economy? Shit man, people expect Obama to fly over and save the day...

"A big foreign policy win" is pretty low on the US priority list right now.

No one acts selflessly in this world. No one. We must help ourselves.
thats a good point too Farbod..although it'd be veryyyyyyy disappointing for Iran Green movement protesters to have the same high motivation, if Iran reaches agreement with all major world powers, and leave Green movement in dark, still it may actually make those millions of protesters "less reliant on world powers, for the first time in our history?!" and more reliant on their own strength and will-power to change the govt, against not only AN-Velayat Faghih,etc but also defeating all major world powers' will to keep IR in power at the cost of our ppl's blood.. hope the later be the case..:)

Actually the foreign win is a big win for this administration. The economy issue will not be solved anytime soon and everyone knows that. But a win, in this case a submission of Iran to the will of the US and G8 which is how the media will spin this news, will indeed be a big win for Obama. Just look how fast the media will take this news and run with it for days.
Again perfectly put Kambiz jan..:)

With all due respect its not about solving the economic issue. Its about concentrating on it and showing any sign of improvement. The average American doesnt care about Iran. Mostly right now. For the US to have any real effect on Iran, they must commit a good amount of resources and attention with very low probability of a return. All for a public perception win? That would be stupid from an American standpoint. I know in your heart you want it to happen, but logically it makes very little sense for Obama to do absolutely anything right now.
Farbod, there is a huge "investment and Regional Economic domination" strategy benefit for USA if they decide to get rid of Russia-backed IR, overthrow IR and create their own free-market, resourceful, allie in the most crucial part of Middle East. In terms of investment profit, Iran can be a safe-heaven for any U.S corp, considering its current/future cheap Rial currency(hence big advantage for Americans to exchange their $US and literally buy half of Iran in Rial!), then add huge young population in Iran, whom a lot of them, do find ways to spend their money and have this crave for American products/brands/flagship restaurants, which they have been deprived of for 30 yrs. so again there is huge business opportunity there for U.S Administration and American corp's exports/investments in Iran, if the country become free..

here is a similar discussion we had here in ISP, which we discussed huge economic benefits for U.S in a "free-market"(as opposed to current lefty Communist) Iran:

http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?t=62930&highlight=Obama+Economic

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
here is a similar discussion we had here in ISP, which we discussed huge economic benefits for U.S in a "free-market"(as opposed to current lefty Communist) Iran:

http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?t=62930&highlight=Obama+Economic
That is a HUGE gamble that could not only destroy any chance for meaningful dialogue with Iran, but many other countries in the region and throughout the world. Its not like if they negotiate with the current regime, the new regime would come in and not talk to the US should they succeed. The US has nothing to lose by negotiating with the current regime. It would be a stupid gamble, especially in the current climate.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
That is a HUGE gamble that could not only destroy any chance for meaningful dialogue with Iran, but many other countries in the region and throughout the world. Its not like if they negotiate with the current regime, the new regime would come in and not talk to the US should they succeed. The US has nothing to lose by negotiating with the current regime. It would be a stupid gamble, especially in the current climate.
Farbod jan, IR officials have proved that although it takes them yrs to finally accept a negotiation deal, when IR's survival is at at stake, they do NEGOTIATE with Anyone and about Anything!

thats why IR keeps those poor American hikers as hostage, bc they KNOW current U.S Administration prefers to negotiate with IR rather than support Iran Green movement. and it was in the news today as well, that those American hikers' lawyer, said "he has been finally given a chance to meet with his clients and that they were told they'll be freed soon." so this could very well relate to a successful completed negotiation deal bn IR and U.S Administration, that IR agreed with this Nuclear deal, and will free those American hikers, in return for possibly U.S Administration's soft spot on IR's human rights abuses, protest reactions, and to veto sanctions against IR.

yes maybe in short-term, there is less risk for USA to not support Green movement and support IR instead, but in long-run, it'll only hurt USA political-economical domination in region, even further if IR-AN's communist/Russia-backed govt stays much longer in the region..

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Farbod jan, IR officials have proved that although it takes them yrs to finally accept a negotiation deal, when IR's survival is at at stake, they do NEGOTIATE with Anyone and about Anything!

thats why IR keeps those poor American hikers as hostage, bc they KNOW current U.S Administration prefers to negotiate with IR rather than support Iran Green movement. and it was in the news today as well, that those American hikers' lawyer, said "he has been finally given a chance to meet with his clients and that they were told they'll be freed soon." so this could very well relate to a successful completed negotiation deal bn IR and U.S Administration, that IR agreed with this Nuclear deal, and will free those American hikers, in return for possibly U.S Administration's soft spot on IR's human rights abuses, protest reactions, and to veto sanctions against IR.

yes maybe in short-term, there is less risk for USA to not support Green movement and support IR instead, but in long-run, it'll only hurt USA political-economical domination in region, even further if IR-AN's communist/Russia-backed govt stays much longer in the region..
I think you are confusing negotiations and support. USA is not supporting either side. They are negotiating with IRI while hoping the greens win. If they support the greens, they cant negotiate with anyone until the greens win... You are really underestimating the risk involved. Supporting the greens is easy for individuals to do, but for a country to actively support a opposition group against a soveriegn, albeit tyrannical, government, it would almost be an act of war that would send massive repercussions around the world. Condemning violence against the people and calling for freedom is the most any govt can do without meddling with a country's sovereignty.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Condemning violence against the people and calling for freedom is the most any govt can do without meddling with a country's sovereignty.
oh exactly Farbod. and thats the most Iranian protesters want from U.S administration really. cuz if U.S does get involved directly(war on IR, planning a coup against IR govt,directly negotiating with Green leaders,etc) that'll literally kill off Iran Green movement instantly.

so as u said condemning violence against ppl and calling for freedom, is the best U.S or any govt can do to give motivation to Iran protesters..

but just review all govt comments/announcements,etc made by U.S Administration, military(which is govt-appointed too), and compare it with European, Canadian govts their parlimants' huge IR violence condemnation and criticizing human rights abuses on Iranians by IR. cuz when u read all those and compare, you'll notice European govts do condemn recent violence in Iran MUCH more frequently and in stronger voice than U.S Administration..

this is what recently a top U.S military commander said about Iran(basically saying something that if implemented, will directly strengthen IR and kill of Iran green movement)..which is sad and just shows U.S Administrations' lack of good foreign-policy strategy as Kambujieh pointed out, that instead of saying something that will benefit both Israel and IR-AN, on a month that thousands of our journalists/students get jailed/executed, just like European politicians, they could just condemn IR violence against its own ppl..but they r not consistent in that aspect..one day Biden condemns IR's human rights abuses, and one day U.S military commander and U.S congressmen, ask for "war on Iran"!:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/world/01/10/10/irans-nuclear-facilities-can-be-bombed-us-commander

Iran's nuclear facilities 'can be bombed': US commander

Agence France-Presse | 01/10/2010 9:45 PM

WASHINGTON DC, United States - A top US military commander responsible for the Middle East and the Gulf region said the United States has developed contingency plans to deal with Iran's nuclear facilities, insisting that they "can be bombed."

"Well, they certainly can be bombed," General David Petraeus, head of US Central Command, told CNN television as he commented on suggestions that Iranian nuclear facilities were heavily fortified.

"The level of effect would vary with who it is that carries it out, what ordnance they have, and what capability they can bring to bear," he added.
The network plans to air the interview later Sunday, but has released some excerpts.
Petraeus did not elaborate on the plans, but he said the military has considered the impacts of any action taken there, CNN said.
"It would be almost literally irresponsible if Centcom were not to have been thinking about the various 'what ifs' and to make plans for a whole variety of different contingencies," Petraeus said.

Iran maintains its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes, but the United States and other Western nations fear Tehran wants to acquire nuclear weapons.
Israel has called Iran's nuclear program the major threat facing its nation. Petraeus declined to comment about Israel's military capabilities, according to CNN.

Iran had until the end of last year to accept a deal offered five permanent UN Security Council members -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States, plus Germany.
It did not do so. Instead, Tehran gave the West until the end of January to accept its own proposal.

Petraeus said he thought there was still time for the nations to engage Iran in diplomacy, noting there is no deadline on the enactment of any US contingency plans, CNN noted.
But he added that "there's a period of time, certainly, before all this might come to a head, if you will."

Last edited: