Best partner for Nekounam in current formation?

Best partner for Nekounam in current formation

• Navidkia

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Zandi

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Golmohammadi

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Mob'ali

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Alavi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pashazadeh

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Nov 29, 2002
I have included Mob'Ali just out of interest, because some suggest that despite he is an attacking midfielder, he would be better than others in that position! I dont personally believe this but anyway lets include him just to see.

Oct 20, 2003
It is a hard choice between Zandi and Navidkia if I were in Branco's shoes. Definitely not Golmohammadi. We need him in defense.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
It depends on the strategy, as these players have different strengths. Golm does not belong in midfield period, so he is out. Mobali is good offensively, but not so good defensively and has a good shot, but Navidkia is a better playmaker, and neither is that strong physically. If you want a strong physical presence there and don't care as much about playmaking either Alavi or Zandi will do well in that position. I haven't seen Pashazadeh in many years, so I can't comment on him. Over all, I would prefer Navidkia in that position.

Bijan

Bench Warmer
Apr 18, 2004
Bagheri! How could you not include him, only for the sake of the supporters...whether you agree with us or not. Besides, based on his performance this season he has started many discussions. So are you biased?

Nov 29, 2002
Why is everyone so judgmental these days! Jeez...

I just forgot about Bagheri, I'm sorry! I guess I forgot about him because he is internationally retired, and made it clear that he is definite about not playing for TM anymore, so I didnt really consider him.
But yeah he would be a good player in that position

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Definetly Navidkia. he's got experience,talent,and attacking style.
Mobali may be more effecient when we r behind and need goal opportunity from midfield.

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
I find it totally fascinating and curious that ppl vote for zandi ( so far , 28 pp, !!!!! hehehehe )

a player who hasnt played with TM , except a half , during which he never showed even a semblance of coordination with at least ONE player, let alone 3-4 players around his position !!!

based on what do you ppl vote for zandi?
just becoz he plays in germany?
in kaiserslautern?
or becoz he he is somewhat of a novelty?
or that he plays well in his CLUB, whom he lives with and trains with ALL YEAR?

come on ppl.
we all know with branko demanding more defensive duties from nekounam, we NEED to have a GENERAL nest to him to be the playmaker of the team.

and we have only TWO REAL playmakers in TM:
1- Mobaali
2- Navidkia.

so the choice is between these two.

I'd go with Mobaali.
coz he is on fire this year
he also handles the same duties in his club
he comes in with a lot of bonuses, such as freekicks and excellent long range shooting

navidkia is a great great passer and has marvellous vision, but he's been off due to his long injury, and I assume he'd need a little more time to get back into his fantastic shape ( pre-injury ) and coordinate with the rest.

-------------------

I didnt include karimi as a playmaker, coz first of all, in his best days ( being AC 2004 ) he wasnt much of a playmaker.
now that he is playing like crap and is extremely poor, .... god help us, if we shd need HIM to create things for the rest !!

so the onus of "playmaking" falls on the guy paired up next to nekounam !
hence, Mobaali / Navidkia choice

Nov 24, 2002
Javad Nekounam play as a Defensive -Midfielder .. even thought he has some offensive ability .. the Poll is some how wrong , because player who play beside Nekounam should be a great defensive-Midfielder also .. and i see Only Zandi and Alavi able to do that .. Yahya Golmohammadi did it before but beside his age the main part why he failed to play in this poste and branco after a year arrived to this conlcusion is the play-making and the passes sens which yahya as a defence man missing .. same in case of pasha ...

Iman Mobali and Moharam Navidkia both great players but they are PLAY-MAKER and Kind of players who are good with ball and play ZARIF football .. their defensive abilitys is not that great .. defensive-midfileder should tackle .. should battle in One and one battles and .. I wouldnt place Mobali beside nekounam .. Mobali shoud play where Karimi plays Ye khat jelotar az Javad Nekounam .. Same For moharam ..

My choice in this case is Fereydon zandi beside nekounam in left side ..

soroushk

Bench Warmer
Oct 5, 2004
New York
Peyz has got it spot on. You need someone who can play in central midfield - it can only be Mobli or Navidkia. I did not think that was Zandi's preferred position so why would we want to put him there?

I personally voted for Navidkia, because he has a lot of poise and insight, but I can see the point that he has been out of it for a while and Mobali is now red hot.

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
agha babr-e,
since branko loves karimi and will NOT take him off, then SOMEONE HAS TO take care of PLAYMAKING duties.

we all know karimi is incapable of such tasks.
hell, if he stops getting in the way of the team movement, I'll be very happy.

so the burden of playmaking falls on the shoulder of nekounam's partner.

hence, my reasoning in the previous post

-----------
and even if we HAD a playmaker , I still wouldnt pick zandi.

over alavi?
why?
on what basis?

how many times has zandi played for TM and next to nekounam, to COMPLEMENT his game?

again, faulty reasoning.
just becoz he plays well at his club, shd it mean he's well coordinated with our TM?
TM, which plays different style of football?
TM which has totally different mentality?
TM which is an asian team , full of amateurish players?

what's the reason for picking zandi?

is it becoz the poor guy comes all the way from germany?
is that enough reason?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
because zandi plays in Germany, has both a decent pass, decent shot and playing intelligence, has apart of defensive skills, also playmaking abilities etc. and all this puts him head and shoulder above Alavi.

Still I prefer Mobali or Navidkia next to Nekounam...

Nov 24, 2002
Zandi after a while will be perfect man beside nekounam .. Guys PLease dont get me wrong .. i like both Moharam and Iman .. They are our futurs in next 8 yrs probably .. but if you play moharam or iman beside nekounam then one has to be really focus on defensive duties and countre attackes .. That is why Nekounam is always alone .. People blamed him too many times because of the goals that they allowed .. because of counter -attack .. ex: jordan goal in tehran .. but some one has to cover nekounam place when he is in attack and as the matter of the fact i dont see that in moharam and iman mobali .. they are not kind of players who dont scre to tackle or be gole footbali ha khodeshono khaki konan ..! any way this is just my opinion .. both moharam (soon) and mobali( immediatly) deserve a place in NT ..

be dorod

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
None of those players have the "right" ingredients to couple Nikounam. We need someone that is more physical, and yet very alert; someone who is more defensive minded, someone who is more combative, someone whose game is intrinsically unselfish and wouldn't mind being the "sacrificial lamb". We either don't have such talent in Iran currently or Branco has overlooked them.

P.S. most of the goals we have conceeded recently is on counter attacks against us, this "someone" that I described would stop most of those counter attacks before they get started.

soroushk

Bench Warmer
Oct 5, 2004
New York
OK looks like we are looking for Patrick Viera, Frank Lampard, Makele or Roy Keane. :)

Nekounam is the nearest thing to an 'all over the park' midfield player that I have seen in TM. Bagheri has been our best national team midfield player, but he was weak in defence. Overall we have not created these kind of complete central midfield players.

Mobali and Navidkia may become what we are looking for, but it's also a question of mindset. Generally we need to become more defence-minded as a team. This may mean that we don't score as many goals and have more 1-0 and 0-0 results. Personally I prefer that to the present yo-yo performances.

Nov 29, 2002
This is my input:

The player who is alongside Nekounam is a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER in Branco's system

MOB'ALI is OUT OF THE QUESTION
Navidkia is (sort of) OUT OF THE QUESTION

THese are both PLAYMAKERS as babr says, and should play ideally in Karimis position, NOT alongside Nekounam

The best option in my opinion is currently Golmohammadi followed by Alavi. I am not particularly impressed with either of these players but they are the ones who have experience in this role. We have not yet seen Zandi play in this position, but hopefully he will prove to be a strong candidate

So in conclusion,

1) GOLMOHAMMADI
2) ALAVI

Zandi should be (1) if he is played there.

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
Golmohammadi is a big joke as def midfielder, Alavi is not bad as a gattuso type midfielder but he is not creative enough, Zandi is a good option but should see more games from him in TM, i would go for Kavianpour when he gets back from injury though he is not in your poll he should be!! i mean what the hell is Golmohammadi doing there?