Bin Hammam banned for life

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/news/newsid=1479068/index.html

The FIFA Ethics Committee, under the chairmanship of Petrus Damaseb (Namibia), has today decided to ban football officials from taking part in any football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for periods of between life and one year, after they were found to have breached various articles of the FIFA Code of Ethics.

The decisions, which were taken during a two-day meeting of the Ethics Committee held in Zurich on 22 and 23 July 2011, are the following:

• Mohamed bin Hammam (FIFA Executive Committee member) was banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level for a period of life.

• Debbie Minguell (Caribbean Football Union official) was banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level for a period of one year.

• Jason Sylvester (Caribbean Football Union official) was banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level for a period of one year.

• Furthermore, Chuck Blazer (FIFA Executive Committee member) received a warning for comments he made on 30 May at the CONCACAF Caucus held in Zurich. These comments suggested some CFU members were “under investigation”, when this was not true.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Exactly JSP jan..wonder what happened to Ethics Committee's investigation into Blatter's role in WC bid corruption case? how on Earth the Asian Federation boss would be in involved in it but FIFA boss was not!!

Aug 21, 2005
next door
i do not think he could careless, he accomplished what he wanted to do as a president, which was to bring WC to the middle east and help arab countries. he probably does not care.

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
Bin Toilet(Hammam) thought that just because he was born in today's richest country on the planet he has enough clout to be able to bribe his way into the league of the corrupt big boys! Little did he know, that with all the Petro dollar backing he was still viewed as a desert bred and crude A-rab by Blatter and co. Personally Im happy to see Hammam go. He did nothing for Asian Football and only promoted the interests of his fellow Arabs. One of which was Qatar getting the rights to host the world cup, which IMO is the joke of the millennium. I have lived in Doha and I can tell you its a crap hole at best, The heat is intense for 8 months of the year and when I say intense I mean heat stroke quality. Their are few quality cafes or restaurants unless you book one at the many empty 5 star hotels. Their are no parks, no pedestrian paths, no pubs, and the indigenous population is so conservative they keep to themselves are just happy they have a country with roads and glitzy ( empty) ivory towers! AFC needs to elect an educated visionary leader for Asia, a person that promotes Asia as a whole... hopefully with Bin Hammam gone a better caliber of a leader will be chosen....

Exactly JSP jan..wonder what happened to Ethics Committee's investigation into Blatter's role in WC bid corruption case? how on Earth the Asian Federation boss would be in involved in it but FIFA boss was not!!
It baffles me too but it took time until Murdoch was interviewed, Blatter will be soon but unlike Murdoch, Sepp has backing from some of his back-benchers so unless someone calls for him to be questioned, or "grilled" shall we call it, nothing new will happen. Bin Hammam's ban was expected in my view and so maybe we'll see some more action by Fifa in the coming months.