Blast from the past 1982 Asian Games

Oct 18, 2002
By chance I came across this video on another site and thought of sharing my memories associated with the 1982 Asian Games. I was actally living in India during that time. I was there from 1981 to 1984 and lived only a few yards from the stadium in New Delhi. In fact I was able to watch the complete construction of the stadium within a year from my balcony :) These were though times for Iran and for me living as a refugee in India. There were numerous Iranian and Afghan refugees in India during that time. I believe the number of Afghans did out number the Iranians by a quite a lot; however there were no shortage of Iranians living as refugees there. We were among the lucky ones because we had friends who lived in Iran and India, and don't know what we would have done without their help. But there were tons of other Iranians who lived hand to mouth and in really terrible conditions. Anyway, hate to dredge up the past, and what is past is past, so let'st just watch a very colorful Mayeli Kohan and his reaction during the game:

[video]http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=8386[/video]