Branko Leaving

OmidS

Ball Boy
Oct 20, 2002
www.contrapuntalnews.com
I'm pretty sure he had said he would leave after the WC anyways, no? I don't know, maybe I'm imagining things. The AC isn't longer after the WC ends, so it'll be interesting to see if IFF gets someone in time, or if it'll be Shahrouki and company again.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
OmidS said:
I'm pretty sure he had said he would leave after the WC anyways, no? I don't know, maybe I'm imagining things. The AC isn't longer after the WC ends, so it'll be interesting to see if IFF gets someone in time, or if it'll be Shahrouki and company again.
yup...

well...good bye branko. I hope you write one day a book about your time in iran.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
there's a saying in Holland (and maybe in other places, i don't know) that all coaches have 'expiry dates'..i think Branko has reached his, no matter how good he does in the WC, the best thing is for him to leave and allow a fresh start for Iran after the WC.

ster

Ball Boy
Mar 6, 2006
that sucks!
iroonia haminan dige.... baba khafe.. bezarem bad bakht karesho bokone.

jesus

Last edited:

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
His book would be a big best-seller...But no coach would do that till they retire, otherwise they would be signing their own career suicide.

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
he did nothing to our TM except ruining lots of talented players like mobali ,,,
I wish he would have resigned like 3 years ago ....
and btw anyone in iran football federation has asked him to stay??????????sure not......he will go back to croatia and manage his restaurant....did anyone knew he has a restaurant in ZAGREB??? well atleast he got half a milion USD from iran and he can add some persian food to his menu as well...
i hate this guy...Blazevic was brilliant but his professor was just waste of time and money

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
He was not a waste of time. He lacked guts and that finally caught up to him. You can't bow down in front of a bunch of rishoo goosfands and remain popular. The man lost his principals somewhere along the way. Politics and backdoor scenarios completely destroyed the man's vision.

As far as football is concerned, he's still a decent coach in my view, however it takes a lot more than that for a coach to become "WORLD CLASS".

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
We don't know what we have till it's gone - I'm not the biggest Branko mark, but fact is, some Rishoo will no be appointed or some Iranian idiot. Our society will never learn, first they kicked out Shah for the absolute human garbage known as Shiite Ayatollahs. I'm not comparing the two, but fact is, we never learn.

We'll Miss you Branko :-(