Brazil-Spain winner vs Italy is the FINAL of the WC?

Mar 13, 2007
Going throughout he brackets and match ups and combinations and keeping the historical match ups and performances into consideration i have to say it looks very good for italy to make the final again. Their bracket is as easy if not easier than it was in 2006 and the same as in 94 when they both times made final.
They will get a tough win against ivory coast the next round. A quarter final OT win agaist holland and most likely a possible semi against belgium or portugal (argentina looks like shit sorry) which they will then win 2-0.

They will then face the winner of the brazil-spain match in the next round who i think will go all the way to semis to face and beat the germans.

I made the same prediction 8 years ago and called the italy winner during the first round after seeing the brackets and it sadly happened, I so hope I'm wrong but the brackets and match ups and what we have seen from these teams so far are so perfectly setup for this scenario

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
But bro....Spain??? Really??? Spain is gone fishing...
Regardless, his prediction makes a lot of sense even if it's Brazil-vs-Chile in the next round. I still think Spain will beat Chile, but it doesn't matter as Brazil will comfortably beat either team.

Italy does look good indeed and if they can get past Holland (very likely given Holland's history), it's looking like an Italy-Brazil final again.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
going throughout he brackets and match ups and combinations and keeping the historical match ups and performances into consideration i have to say it looks very good for italy to make the final again. Their bracket is as easy if not easier than it was in 2006 and the same as in 94 when they both times made final.
They will get a tough win against ivory coast the next round. A quarter final ot win agaist holland and most likely a possible semi against belgium or portugal (argentina looks like shit sorry) which they will then win 2-0.

They will then face the winner of the brazil-spain match in the next round who i think will go all the way to semis to face and beat the germans.

I made the same prediction 8 years ago and called the italy winner during the first round after seeing the brackets and it sadly happened, i so hope i'm wrong but the brackets and match ups and what we have seen from these teams so far are so perfectly setup for this scenario
looool !

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Going throughout he brackets and match ups and combinations and keeping the historical match ups and performances into consideration i have to say it looks very good for italy to make the final again. Their bracket is as easy if not easier than it was in 2006 and the same as in 94 when they both times made final.
They will get a tough win against ivory coast the next round. A quarter final OT win agaist holland and most likely a possible semi against belgium or portugal (argentina looks like shit sorry) which they will then win 2-0.

I made the same prediction 8 years ago and called the italy winner during the first round after seeing the brackets and it sadly happened, I so hope I'm wrong but the brackets and match ups and what we have seen from these teams so far are so perfectly setup for this scenario
Speaking as a Germany fan I know we probably won't win this time around and maybe our best chance will be in 2018 in Russia but as for Brazil and Spain being able to beat Germany NO. Brazil can beat Germany but Spain can't based on what I saw from Spain.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Speaking as a Germany fan I know we probably won't win this time around and maybe our best chance will be in 2018 in Russia but as for Brazil and Spain being able to beat Germany NO. Brazil can beat Germany but Spain can't based on what I saw from Spain.
Brazil with referee or without ?

do not put too much emphasis on the first game. wait a while for teams to get at least halfway through the first round.

Mar 13, 2007
But bro....Spain??? Really??? Spain is gone fishing...

Im no spain fan we all know that, but watching the game for the first 40 minutes and before spain imploded I was getting a bit worried to be honest cause it definitely looked like spain had a better team than 4 years ago. With the likes of azpele., alba, J M, silva, even the goon upfront, … etc they looked like they had added some physicality, pace and width they didn’t have before. They also played a much more attractive classical style of 4-3-3 soccer than that shitty tika taka which meant they could break teams easier.

So im not sure exactly what happened in the 2nd half but I think they just had a mental break down and im gonna go on to believe that they will bounce back from this. That’s why I think if they go on to win the next two games which they should, finish 2nd in group and play brazil and beat them in their own country, than they should be considered the favourites. That’s why I think brazil – spain is the key matchup

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Im no spain fan we all know that, but watching the game for the first 40 minutes and before spain imploded I was getting a bit worried to be honest cause it definitely looked like spain had a better team than 4 years ago. With the likes of azpele., alba, J M, silva, even the goon upfront, … etc they looked like they had added some physicality, pace and width they didn’t have before. They also played a much more attractive classical style of 4-3-3 soccer than that shitty tika taka which meant they could break teams easier.

So im not sure exactly what happened in the 2nd half but I think they just had a mental break down and im gonna go on to believe that they will bounce back from this. That’s why I think if they go on to win the next two games which they should, finish 2nd in group and play brazil and beat them in their own country, than they should be considered the favourites. That’s why I think brazil – spain is the key matchup
their problem is that their defense and their keeper are a bit washed up and they haven't really tried different stuff over the years. Pique is overweight but he won't get benched. Chile is also a team that could hurt them. True, first 40 minutes, Spain was better but that defense is a huge shithole.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Brazil with referee or without ?

do not put too much emphasis on the first game. wait a while for teams to get at least halfway through the first round.
Now that I watched the Brazil Mex game I take that back maybe it will be the Germans(God that would be nice last time we won I was 8). Of course Iran is my main team. Lang Lebe Deutschland mein bruder!